citizendodo

N400 Estimated Waiting Time/Completion Time

33 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've filed my N400 application couple of months ago, done biometrics and now waiting for the interview. 

For some reason, I don't see estimated waiting time or completion time on my online account anymore. Did any of you experience the same thing?

Some people wrote those times are meaningless and not accurate. But, I'm not sure what to make of this sudden disappearance. 

Thanks in advance

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Unfortunately there is no way to know how long the process will take. The estimate time I was given for my N400 was 5-9 months. Surprisingly the process from submitting the N400 to the Ceremony of Oath took only 4 months. My interview letter arrived 6 weeks after the biometrics. Yet my son's N600 process is taking twice as long, for every step. 

Have you opened an online account with USCIS and egov to check on the status of your case?

1 hour ago, monica7777 said:

Unfortunately there is no way to know how long the process will take. The estimate time I was given for my N400 was 5-9 months. Surprisingly the process from submitting the N400 to the Ceremony of Oath took only 4 months. My interview letter arrived 6 weeks after the biometrics. Yet my son's N600 process is taking twice as long, for every step. 

Have you opened an online account with USCIS and egov to check on the status of your case?

Yes. I was referring to my online account on USCIS. Here https://my.uscis.gov/account/applicant

My egov account doesn't have any estimate time, just this note:

We will prepare your case for officer review.  If we need more information, we will notify you.

2 hours ago, CandB said:

I logged in just now and noticed the same thing.    Very disconcerting to say the least.  If anyone finds out what's going on, please post.  Thanks

Seems like it happened to everyone's account. It's not clear if it's a glitch or an intentional removal of that information. 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

4/2019: Submitted N400

5/2019: Biometrics (3 weeks)

2/2020: Interview (10 months)

3/2020: Oath & naturalization (11 months)

6/2020: Passport received (3 months)

Officially a U.S. Citizen! 

3 hours ago, N400NYC said:

Seems like it happened to everyone's account. It's not clear if it's a glitch or an intentional removal of that information. 

Their systems were throwing up an error over the weekend, so hopefully it's just a knock-on from that and it will be fixed soon. A lot of people in the "by month filing" forums are seeing the same thing.

I filed in January 2020 and mine has disappeared too. That said, it changed 3 times in the 2 months since I filed anyway!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ukraine
Timeline
7 hours ago, PK_ said:

The estimation is so inaccurate anyways. It's better to track the N-400 interview dates here on VJ topic about your local USCIS field office.

Not if the field office is Montgomery, AL. In this case you'll find 0 info.

5 hours ago, PhillyNatz said:

It’s been accurate for some people though. Still the question is why would they remove it. Seems odd

There was some wording on the website about it being a "pilot" program (the estimations for completion) so it's possible the pilot is now over! But it's anyone's guess...

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

4/2019: Submitted N400

5/2019: Biometrics (3 weeks)

2/2020: Interview (10 months)

3/2020: Oath & naturalization (11 months)

6/2020: Passport received (3 months)

Officially a U.S. Citizen! 

4 hours ago, O&R said:

Not if the field office is Montgomery, AL. In this case you'll find 0 info.

You should start a new topic for your local USCIS field office.

Also, you might want to update your timeline so that others can learn from your wait time as well.

I applied in November, bio within 2 weeks, estimated time went from 8 to 6 months which would have been June 2020 , then last Friday it changed to December, On Monday this week the estimated time disappeared, I called and was told applications from August 2018 were in processing at the moment and current wait is 18 plus months, the person didnt know why the estimated time had gone but mentioned someone else had called asking about it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.