Renatac14

Critério

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Alguém sabe o critério que eles usam para liberar os processos? Tem gente que espera 6 meses por um NOA2 e tem gente que termina tudo, até a entrevista em 4 meses, sendo do mesmo país e enviando documentos na mesma época. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Renatac14 said:

Alguém sabe o critério que eles usam para liberar os processos? Tem gente que espera 6 meses por um NOA2 e tem gente que termina tudo, até a entrevista em 4 meses, sendo do mesmo país e enviando documentos na mesma época. 

English only

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

**Topic moved to regional forum so others can join you in your language.**

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Does anyone know the criteria that USCIS uses to release processes? There are people who wait 6 months for a NOA2 and there are people who finish everything, even the interview in 4 months, being from the same country and sending documents at the same time.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Juliana MARib said:

Oi Renata! Eu acho que depende mais da pessoa que tá analisando o caso e se tem notificação por falta de documento ou provas.

Tem gente que tá demorando 6 meses pra receber um RFE e conheço gente que recebeu noa1,2, RDJ e marcou a entrevista com 4 meses. 

Eles dizem que analisam por ordem de chegada, mas a informação não procede 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Cases that get to interview stage in 4 months are the exception, not the rule. Back in 2018, I had to see many people, Brazilians included, get their NOA2 and interview before me even though they filed after me, but only expedited cases had to wait less than 3 months for their NOA2.

Many factors might affect how long you have to wait, but the ultimate truth is that the K1 is just a small step in the journey. If you are lucky to move to a city whose local office is fast, the tables will turn and you might get your GC faster than people that arrived in the US months before you (that's what happened to me).

Timeline
1 hour ago, Nat&Amy said:

Cases that get to interview stage in 4 months are the exception, not the rule. Back in 2018, I had to see many people, Brazilians included, get their NOA2 and interview before me even though they filed after me, but only expedited cases had to wait less than 3 months for their NOA2.

Many factors might affect how long you have to wait, but the ultimate truth is that the K1 is just a small step in the journey. If you are lucky to move to a city whose local office is fast, the tables will turn and you might get your GC faster than people that arrived in the US months before you (that's what happened to me).

But for me, right now, the most important thing is the K1, I don’t care about how long the GC going to take, because I’ll be in the USA with my “future” husband, now, I just want to move and finish that situation about to live so far. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Renatac14 said:

But for me, right now, the most important thing is the K1, I don’t care about how long the GC going to take, because I’ll be in the USA with my “future” husband, now, I just want to move and finish that situation about to live so far. 

Of course you do, everyone does. But comparing your timeline to others will do nothing but stress you. The K1 process is bad enough as it is so the best thing you can do is keep busy and occupy your mind with positive thoughts.

Good luck, I hope you get your visa in hand soon.

Timeline

If you look at my timeline, you will see that from filing to visa in hand, my K1 process took almost 11 months. It made me mad when people said that they got theirs in 3, but that's USCIS for you. They are overworked and understaffed, and as you will find out when you get a job here, it's common practice to have the same person do the job of many (for no extra pay). That certainly applies to many workplaces and USCIS seems to be no different.

I understand your frustration. Distance definitely puts a strain on relationships so when I say "occupy yourself with positive thoughts", it's actually a matter of survival - yours and your relationship's. Do plenty of research, and if you have a career, start trying to connect with people in the US so that the months you will spend waiting for your EAD or GC actually help you find a job when the time comes. Look up free activities in the area where you are planning to live with your future spouse, save as much money as you can now, get busy working extra hours now, because finances might be tight in the beginning.

That might look pointless if you only focus on the "here and now", but the "here and now" is in the hands of the USCIS. In the near future, though, the ball will be back in your court, so it's never too early to start working on that.

Edited by Nat&Amy

Timeline
1 hour ago, Nat&Amy said:

Of course you do, everyone does. But comparing your timeline to others will do nothing but stress you. The K1 process is bad enough as it is so the best thing you can do is keep busy and occupy your mind with positive thoughts.

Good luck, I hope you get your visa in hand soon.

You’re right. Thank you

Timeline
On 3/2/2020 at 11:55 AM, Nat&Amy said:

If you look at my timeline, you will see that from filing to visa in hand, my K1 process took almost 11 months. It made me mad when people said that they got theirs in 3, but that's USCIS for you. They are overworked and understaffed, and as you will find out when you get a job here, it's common practice to have the same person do the job of many (for no extra pay). That certainly applies to many workplaces and USCIS seems to be no different.

I understand your frustration. Distance definitely puts a strain on relationships so when I say "occupy yourself with positive thoughts", it's actually a matter of survival - yours and your relationship's. Do plenty of research, and if you have a career, start trying to connect with people in the US so that the months you will spend waiting for your EAD or GC actually help you find a job when the time comes. Look up free activities in the area where you are planning to live with your future spouse, save as much money as you can now, get busy working extra hours now, because finances might be tight in the beginning.

That might look pointless if you only focus on the "here and now", but the "here and now" is in the hands of the USCIS. In the near future, though, the ball will be back in your court, so it's never too early to start working on that.

Thank you, my case was approved 3 days ago

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 3/1/2020 at 8:16 PM, Renatac14 said:

Eu sei que seu processo já foi aprovado, mas pra explicar como acontece:

Imagine que o USCIS é um supermercado. Cada caixa é um oficial analisando os processos (clientes na fila). 

Novos clientes vão chegando, e vão entrando em diferentes filas. Algumas filas vão ser maiores que outras.

Alguns caixas (oficiais) vão ser mais rápidos que outros, fazendo com que sua fila ande mais rápido. Um cliente pode ter mais compras (evidências, documentos), fazendo com que a fila ande mais devagar. Isso pode levar a alguém que chegou em uma fila ser atendido antes de alguém alguém que chegou antes dele em outra fila.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ayrton said:

Eu sei que seu processo já foi aprovado, mas pra explicar como acontece:

Imagine que o USCIS é um supermercado. Cada caixa é um oficial analisando os processos (clientes na fila). 

Novos clientes vão chegando, e vão entrando em diferentes filas. Algumas filas vão ser maiores que outras.

Alguns caixas (oficiais) vão ser mais rápidos que outros, fazendo com que sua fila ande mais rápido. Um cliente pode ter mais compras (evidências, documentos), fazendo com que a fila ande mais devagar. Isso pode levar a alguém que chegou em uma fila ser atendido antes de alguém alguém que chegou antes dele em outra fila.

Foi a melhor explicação, Hahahah. Obrigada 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.