HKS

Iraq US Embassy

65 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Update on US Embassy in Iraq. All US embassies that interview for immigrant VISAs are closed. 

Anyone needing an interview in Iraq are being diverted to Qatar, UAE, or Turkey. 

Good luck to all in Iraq. Inshallah your interview will be soon. 

Yes. It has been that way since the start of the year:

https://iq.usembassy.gov/visas/

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
On 2/22/2020 at 6:28 PM, HKS said:

Update on US Embassy in Iraq. All US embassies that interview for immigrant VISAs are closed. 

Anyone needing an interview in Iraq are being diverted to Qatar, UAE, or Turkey. 

Good luck to all in Iraq. Inshallah your interview will be soon. 

Thank you! I didn't know this! 

Married: 04/29/2019
I-130 NOA1: 07/01/2019
I-130 NOA2: 02/24/2020 (approved in 238 days)
NVC case #: 02/26/2020
Receive AOS/IV FEE: 02/26/2020
Assigned New Case#: 03/02/2020

Submitted I-864 AOS: 03/12/2020

Submitted DS-260 IV: 08/24/2020

Documentarily Qualified: 09/09/2020

Interview Appt: Pending

Timeline
1 minute ago, Quarknase said:

@HKS did you receive interview yet?

@Potooo We got NOA2 yesterday and WL today :)

No... No response to request to expedite as others have. Also was told by the NVC when I called, that NVC doesn't expedite. 

So i don't know what to do 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
18 minutes ago, HKS said:

No... No response to request to expedite as others have. Also was told by the NVC when I called, that NVC doesn't expedite. 

So i don't know what to do 

I'm sorry to hear. That's frustrating. Are you the petitioner or beneficiary?

Timeline
39 minutes ago, HKS said:

Petitioner why? 

I heard that sometimes the petitioner has more weight when inquiring than the beneficiary. I read somewhere that NVC expedite is only possible via email. Just googled really quick and found this - the email address is in the body copy http://www.lovevisalife.com/2017/09/nvc-expedite-request-us-spouse-visa/

good luck!

Timeline
6 hours ago, Quarknase said:

I heard that sometimes the petitioner has more weight when inquiring than the beneficiary. I read somewhere that NVC expedite is only possible via email. Just googled really quick and found this - the email address is in the body copy http://www.lovevisalife.com/2017/09/nvc-expedite-request-us-spouse-visa/

good luck!

I did that. 

And my lawyer did that. 

And my senator has asked about my case. 

Nothing. 

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Oh my god I’m so sorry! That’s terrible! 

Im just gonna vent for a minute. If you are gonna send condescending, judgmental, and mean replies just dont read this.........I just got bad news from family in Baghdad a few hours ago. The news in America never reports what is really going on in the world and keeps Americans sheltered. 

I got Nebraska, so I waited there forever as well while watching people go through the IOE system like it was a breeze or other USCIS centers faster.

I watched the estimated wait times for USCIS go from 6 months when I applied to 12.5-16 months by the time my case finally left.  I even did the trick of filing the I-129F to speed it up, shaved a few months off I guess, maybe. 

Now Im wondering if they are gonna close boarders so ppl in Iraq cant travel to get their interviews due to the Corona Virus. 

I keep trying to tell myself that Im at the faster phase of this process and it will be over soon. 

And I keep screaming inside my head that the whole system is self funded; therefore, if there is such a backlog of cases then there is plenty of money to hire more people to work the cases and get them through faster or at least answer the phone instead of waiting 1.5 hours on hold to speak with someone at 11PM at night (yes I did that last week with NVC and, by the way, kept having to redial to get put on hold for 30 minutes as the hold que was too long and it kept hanging up on me).

Then I see notices and bulletins saying that the poor US corporations are suffering because they need their worker VISA's sped up and it is at 2 months wait. I guess my husband should have gotten one of those golden jobs.  

Then I think Im being ridiculous when I see that some people on VJ have been waiting more than 2 years. 

There has to be a better way. Why do people make things so hard. My case is clean.....no problem meeting the income requirement, neither me nor my husband have been in trouble -clean records, no complications. 

I pray to Allah to keep everyone in Iraq safe. I pray to keep everyone safe. I can't imagine my husband being killed before we are reunited. I saw a post on VJ whereby that happened to someone. 

Thanks for letting me vent. Be kind to everyone on VJ. We are all going through a tough time and you dont know what it is like to be in anyone else's shoes. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, HKS said:

Im just gonna vent for a minute. If you are gonna send condescending, judgmental, and mean replies just dont read this.........I just got bad news from family in Baghdad a few hours ago. The news in America never reports what is really going on in the world and keeps Americans sheltered. 

I got Nebraska, so I waited there forever as well while watching people go through the IOE system like it was a breeze or other USCIS centers faster.

I watched the estimated wait times for USCIS go from 6 months when I applied to 12.5-16 months by the time my case finally left.  I even did the trick of filing the I-129F to speed it up, shaved a few months off I guess, maybe. 

Now Im wondering if they are gonna close boarders so ppl in Iraq cant travel to get their interviews due to the Corona Virus. 

I keep trying to tell myself that Im at the faster phase of this process and it will be over soon. 

And I keep screaming inside my head that the whole system is self funded; therefore, if there is such a backlog of cases then there is plenty of money to hire more people to work the cases and get them through faster or at least answer the phone instead of waiting 1.5 hours on hold to speak with someone at 11PM at night (yes I did that last week with NVC and, by the way, kept having to redial to get put on hold for 30 minutes as the hold que was too long and it kept hanging up on me).

Then I see notices and bulletins saying that the poor US corporations are suffering because they need their worker VISA's sped up and it is at 2 months wait. I guess my husband should have gotten one of those golden jobs.  

Then I think Im being ridiculous when I see that some people on VJ have been waiting more than 2 years. 

There has to be a better way. Why do people make things so hard. My case is clean.....no problem meeting the income requirement, neither me nor my husband have been in trouble -clean records, no complications. 

I pray to Allah to keep everyone in Iraq safe. I pray to keep everyone safe. I can't imagine my husband being killed before we are reunited. I saw a post on VJ whereby that happened to someone. 

Thanks for letting me vent. Be kind to everyone on VJ. We are all going through a tough time and you dont know what it is like to be in anyone else's shoes. 

I believe I understand how you feel and I know of the situation in Baghdad. My husbands entire family is there. I really hope that things will go well for you and that you and your husband will be united and safe soon. Don’t give up hope. Keep following up with NVC, and hopefully soon you will receive good news 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

Timeline
On 3/5/2020 at 5:23 PM, Quarknase said:

@Potooo We got NOA2 yesterday and WL today :)

Congratulations!

Did you have any issues with signing into CEAC? Initially, I had no issues and even paid my AOS and IV fee, but now it's locking me out. The statement I get back is "The selected Case Number and Invoice Identification Number combination you entered does not match our records." I read a thread that said when they called the rep just told them to wait. The fee payments have cleared my bank account 3 days ago and it's still not letting me sign in. I guess I'll have to give them a call and find out what's going on. 

Edited by Potooo

Timeline

15 hours ago, HKS said:

This made me tear up and I'm crying. I'm trying to remain hopeful, and I definitely feel your frustration with this system they have, that's clearly not very efficient. I will keep you in my prayers, all of us 🥰

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.