YellowDuneBuggy

E-File Case Processing Section location

7 posts in this topic

Hi, my American wife and I (European) live in the Netherlands with our son. We filed the I-130 to go back to the US.

When I login to the USCIS page to check my case, I get the attached screenshot.

We filed everything online.

They mention an E-Filed Case Processing Section location. What do the mean? Is there a new service centre we don't know about?

Thanks to everyone who is going to reply!

🙂

Screenshot_2020-02-22-20-50-14-092_com.android.chrome~2.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

You will have to look at the official NOA1 to see what service center is processing it, usually you will get a paper NOA1 in the mail. If you have the mailing address as the Netherlands it will take longer to get the mail, if the mailing address is in the US then have whoever is taking care of the mail inform you where the mail came from (Nebraska, Texas, Potomac). Some have also been able to access their NOA1 with their service center online as well, but I'm unsure how to do that since I'm unfamiliar with the online filing system. Maybe someone who has filed online and accessed their NOA1 online can inform of the process of how to see that

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

If you filed electronically, you should be able to log back in and look at your current status, most of the time there will be a pdf copy of the letters the sent you. This is not the egov site. It "myuscis"

Hi, thanks everyone.

We received the NOA1 today. We've been assigned to the Nebraska center. The slowest!

How is it possible? We are filing to go to Texas, the jurisdiction should belong to the Texas service center.

Are data in this page accurate? https://www.***removed***/directory/servicecenters.html

What do you think?

Thanks

Edited by YellowDuneBuggy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 hour ago, YellowDuneBuggy said:

Hi, thanks everyone.

We received the NOA1 today. We've been assigned to the Nebraska center. The slowest!

How is it possible? We are filing to go to Texas, the jurisdiction should belong to the Texas service center.

Are data in this page accurate? https://www.***removed***/directory/servicecenters.html

What do you think?

Thanks

Inaccurate and outdated. Service centers are no longer assigned based on physical location of the petitioner. It’s basically completely random and assigned based off of the internal workload across the service centers, not by where you live 

Edited by LilyJ

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

13 hours ago, LilyJ said:

Inaccurate and outdated. Service centers are no longer assigned based on physical location of the petitioner. It’s basically completely random and assigned based off of the internal workload across the service centers, not by where you live 

Ok, many thanks, let's hope for a fast decision from the Nebraska center then...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.