Don0

Medical Exam and Interview

14 posts in this topic

Good day! 

I would like to ask for some input about the medical exam and interview? How long do I need to get take the medical exam before the interview? I am going to Manila Embassy in the Philippines. Is it the same for every country?

Any input will be appreciated. Thank you!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Don and Demi said:

Good day! 

I would like to ask for some input about the medical exam and interview? How long do I need to get take the medical exam before the interview? I am going to Manila Embassy in the Philippines. Is it the same for every country?

No.  Not the same for each country.  In Manila, you should allow at least one day between the completion of the medical and the interview 

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Don and Demi said:

Good day! 

Allow 24 hrs. between completion of the medical and the interview at the embassy

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/medical---slec.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

8 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Allow 24 hrs. between completion of the medical and the interview at the embassy

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Thank you for the links! If I may ask, is it a walk in as I have seen in other threads or do I have to schedule an exam? I have read in the US embassy's page that I meed to schedule the exam 2 wks prior. But I haven't heard anyone scheduling their medical exams though.

20200222_114623.jpg

19 minutes ago, Don and Demi said:

Thank you for the links! If I may ask, is it a walk in as I have seen in other threads or do I have to schedule an exam? I have read in the US embassy's page that I meed to schedule the exam 2 wks prior. But I haven't heard anyone scheduling their medical exams though.

It is a walk-in service.  The only thing you can do in advance is an online registration which will cut down on some paperwork at time of visit.

Finally done.

4 minutes ago, Talako said:

It is a walk-in service.  The only thing you can do in advance is an online registration which will cut down on some paperwork at time of visit.

This is my first time seeing this on the site. And yeah, I have been told about it being walk-in only. Thank you so much! 😊

26 minutes ago, Don and Demi said:

This is my first time seeing this on the site. And yeah, I have been told about it being walk-in only. Thank you so much! 😊

Hank's website is also a valuable resource:

He has the links and other information you might find valuable on this site.

Finally done.

59 minutes ago, Talako said:

Hank's website is also a valuable resource:

He has the links and other information you might find valuable on this site.

Thank you again! This will surely be of help. 😊

Timeline
12 hours ago, Don and Demi said:

20200222_114623.jpg

Not sure where you got that info but it is very outdated.   Required items is wrong also.

Medical is walk-in has always been walk-in;  first come - first served.     It is a 2 day process, you should allow 24 hrs between the embassy interview and the 2nd day of the medical.

You can pre-register online to save some time in the morning.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

38 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Not sure where you got that info but it is very outdated.   Required items is wrong also.

Medical is walk-in has always been walk-in;  first come - first served.     It is a 2 day process, you should allow 24 hrs between the embassy interview and the 2nd day of the medical.

You can pre-register online to save some time in the morning.

This is actually from the US Embassy Philippines website. Do you have a list of the updated required documents? Or is the DS260 confirmation page is now the NVC letter? 

By the way, 

2 copies of NVC letter (Immigrant visa, I-130) with MNL#

is this an and/or? Or the letter us enough? Thank you!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Don and Demi said:

This is actually from the US Embassy Philippines website. Do you have a list of the updated required documents? Or is the DS260 confirmation page is now the NVC letter? 

By the way, 

2 copies of NVC letter (Immigrant visa, I-130) with MNL#

is this an and/or? Or the letter us enough? Thank you!   IT IS "OR"

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/the-interview/    << complete the 5 steps

SLEC website

1. REGULAR IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICANTS
  2. EACH APPLICANT MUST PRESENT THE FOLLOWING:

1. Interview letter from the National Visa Center (NVC) or Visa Interview Appointment Confirmation from the Embassy or Appointment Confirmation from the Call Center

• Principal Applicant - original & 1 photocopy
      • Derivatives - 1 photocopy each
      If Interview letter or Visa Interview Confirmation was received via email, print 2 copies for the principal applicant and 1 copy for each derivative
    2. Valid passport
    3. 1 photocopy of Passport Biographic/Data Page, the page in the passport that contains the applicant's photo and information. Photocopy on short bond paper. Passport photocopy should be the same size as the original, not enlarged or reduced.
    4. 4 pieces recent 2"x2" visa photos (see visa photo guide), 3 for submission to the U.S. Embassy, 1 for clinic file. ALL PHOTOS MUST BE IDENTICAL. Write the applicant's complete name at the back of each photo.

The US Embassy requires you to bring the 2x2 photos for your visa issuance. We regret not to release the medical report until such time that you can provide this requirement.
    5. For applicants who registered online, 1 copy of the online registration confirmation email
    6. Applicants who did not register online are required to provide the name, address (include city, state, and zip code), contact number, and email address of their petitioner in the U.S.A.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

9 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/the-interview/    << complete the 5 steps

SLEC website

1. REGULAR IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICANTS
  2. EACH APPLICANT MUST PRESENT THE FOLLOWING:

1. Interview letter from the National Visa Center (NVC) or Visa Interview Appointment Confirmation from the Embassy or Appointment Confirmation from the Call Center

• Principal Applicant - original & 1 photocopy
      • Derivatives - 1 photocopy each
      If Interview letter or Visa Interview Confirmation was received via email, print 2 copies for the principal applicant and 1 copy for each derivative
    2. Valid passport
    3. 1 photocopy of Passport Biographic/Data Page, the page in the passport that contains the applicant's photo and information. Photocopy on short bond paper. Passport photocopy should be the same size as the original, not enlarged or reduced.
    4. 4 pieces recent 2"x2" visa photos (see visa photo guide), 3 for submission to the U.S. Embassy, 1 for clinic file. ALL PHOTOS MUST BE IDENTICAL. Write the applicant's complete name at the back of each photo.

The US Embassy requires you to bring the 2x2 photos for your visa issuance. We regret not to release the medical report until such time that you can provide this requirement.
    5. For applicants who registered online, 1 copy of the online registration confirmation email
    6. Applicants who did not register online are required to provide the name, address (include city, state, and zip code), contact number, and email address of their petitioner in the U.S.A.

Thank you for the info! Have a great weekend! 😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.