ice-qube

Transfer to Vermont has resulted in quick I-130 approval!

35 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, ice-qube said:

This is not a zero-sum game. This frees up resources to work on those cases.

Nothing about this process is a game, zero-sum or otherwise. If cases are processed as they are received as uscis says, these transfers should have been done the same way, April, May, and then June. There is no o rhyme or reason as to how they operate. I'm happy for who ever gets through this process, but some of the cases that have been sitting at Nebraska for a year are being passed over, for newer filed cases. No game, fact. Best of luck to every one going through all this , especially the ones from the travel banned countries.🙏🙏🙏

1 hour ago, Patricia Owuh said:

rhyme or reason as to how they operate

It does seem random a lot of time time I agree, but I would like to think that there is somewhere along the line (a rhyme or reason).  Perhaps April and May are mostly all the paper forms sitting around so instead of transferring them physically and wasting that time, they electronically transferred others, so that it would free up time for the remaining paper ones.  Who knows really.  I like to see the theories we all come up with.  Best of luck in your case!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, cbro said:

It does seem random a lot of time time I agree, but I would like to think that there is somewhere along the line (a rhyme or reason).  Perhaps April and May are mostly all the paper forms sitting around so instead of transferring them physically and wasting that time, they electronically transferred others, so that it would free up time for the remaining paper ones.  Who knows really.  I like to see the theories we all come up with.  Best of luck in your case!

Thank you, best of luck with you and your case also!🙏🙏🙏

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
9 hours ago, Patricia Owuh said:

Nothing about this process is a game, zero-sum or otherwise. If cases are processed as they are received as uscis says, these transfers should have been done the same way, April, May, and then June. There is no o rhyme or reason as to how they operate. I'm happy for who ever gets through this process, but some of the cases that have been sitting at Nebraska for a year are being passed over, for newer filed cases. No game, fact. Best of luck to every one going through all this , especially the ones from the travel banned countries.🙏🙏🙏

There is another thread here on VJ on this exact topic, but a few people in this thread of done alot of research on what was transferred.   There were several months worth of files previous to April/May/June that were also transferred.   It seems to me that they thought out what files were best to transfer to even out the work load.   Perhaps they way they transferred files freed up Nebraska to work on March/April/May much sooner, which it seems is exactly what is occuring.   

Edited by GregandNatty

• 4 months later...
On 2/19/2020 at 6:13 PM, ice-qube said:

Wow, I am tentatively pleased to announce that today (Feb 19) I got an email from USCIS that implies my I-130 was approved; my case status was changed to "Post Decision Activity" and informed me that they have sent my case "to the Department of State for visa processing". It further directs me to consult the website where I "can find general information on Consular Processing" and that the "website will provide information on what do next, who to contact and how to inform us of any changes in your situation or address." 

I believe that, regardless that I do not have the formal NOA2 letter in hand, that this is effectively what this means, based on the language in the email and on my USCIS account.

My file was only transferred from Nebraska to the Vermont service center on February 4. So if I am correct in interpreting this, it took only 15 days for a decision on the I-130 after transferring!

Greetings,

That is great news for you.  Congrats.  

I am not sure if my case is similar to yours.  I filed my I-130 in mid-March this year, and receive the receipt in end of March with an IOE number, on the bottom of the receipt it says Texas Service Center, so I thought my case was distributed to Texas, and I was happy because Texas has the fastest processing time.  

However, today when I called USCIS to follow up, I found out that in mid-April, they forwarded my case to Vermont service center. 2 Month passed, I never received a notification letter tells me my case was transferred.  The rep. I talked to said it could be a temporary transfer, could be permanent, he does not know.  This is devastated for me, processing time at Vermont is 20 month to 25 month.  How come they transfer a case from a fast processing center to the slowest one?  Isnt the transfer happens in order to reduce the work load?  

Thank you

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.