Kim_

CFO DAVAO LACK OF CRIMINAL RECORD REQUIREMENT

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

CFO Davao branch is really the worst ever. When I went there just to get a sticker for my passport, she didn't give me the sticker and told me to provide lack of criminal records of my fiance in US. Not just within his county, not just in his city, but whole states.. Like what we have here in the Philippines called NBI clearance. The court house I think would only issue no criminal record certificate only in his county, and the State Police I think will only issue criminal record within the State, not the whole states. Does anyone here experienced that needed to provide criminal record clearance? He doesn't have any criminal records. He's been working in the government. And of course we wouldn't get approved if he does have criminal pending cases. Please I need anyone's advice where we can get that lack of criminal record, he lives in West Virginia, do we need to go to the FBI?  I think the process there is gonna be longer.. it will cause so much delay with our flight.. Thank you.

Timeline

Your fiancee will be unable to provide what CFO is apparently asking for.

There is no publicly available criminal database that covers the entire US. The National Crime Information Center database (NCIC) is, by law, only available to police agencies. Fingerprints are how this is usually searched since other methods (name matches, etc.) are not totally reliable. Private databases (that are compilations of county level public record indexes) are available, and these include addresses and (sometimes) dates of birth, but these are even less reliable since they are incomplete and lack unique identifiers such as fingerprints. State level criminal record repositories vary and records are normally only available to police agencies.

It sounds like an uninformed person at CFO is demanding something they probably don't know is impossible to obtain. Even if you tried, it's likely the best you'll be able to get are searches of each county where the subject has lived in recent years. Your best bet might be to talk to a supervisor, or go to another CFO office in another part of Philippines and try your luck there.

Good luck to you!

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

2010-03-02 I-129F Sent

2010-03-08 NOA1

2010-03-09 Check Cashed

2010-03-10 Case "touched"

2010-04-13 Case "touched"

2010-04-15 NOA2

2010-04-21 NVC Received

2010-06-01 K-1 Interview at US Embassy Manila

2010-06-08 Visa Issued

2010-07-08 POE: San Francisco, CA

2010-07-31 Married

2010-09-24 Sent AOS Package (I-185, I-765)

2010-09-27 AOS Package Received at Chicago Lockbox

2010-10-04 NOA (Notice of Receipt) date for I-485 & I-765

2010-10-07 Touch

2010-12-22 Biometrics

2010-12-22 I-485 Interview at Anchorage, AK

2010-12-27 2-yr Green Card Issued

2011-01-10 Green Card Received

2011-05-19 Vacation to Philippines

2011-07-02 Return from Philippines to US

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Terry and Kim said:

CFO Davao branch is really the worst ever. When I went there just to get a sticker for my passport, she didn't give me the sticker and told me to provide lack of criminal records of my fiance in US. Not just within his county, not just in his city, but whole states.. Like what we have here in the Philippines called NBI clearance. The court house I think would only issue no criminal record certificate only in his county, and the State Police I think will only issue criminal record within the State, not the whole states. Does anyone here experienced that needed to provide criminal record clearance? He doesn't have any criminal records. He's been working in the government. And of course we wouldn't get approved if he does have criminal pending cases. Please I need anyone's advice where we can get that lack of criminal record, he lives in West Virginia, do we need to go to the FBI?  I think the process there is gonna be longer.. it will cause so much delay with our flight.. Thank you.

No such document exist in the USA for the average person to obtain.

Best suggestion  ........... avoid CFO in Davao, get the sticker at another CFO branch!!!!

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
2 hours ago, AKteacher said:

Your fiancee will be unable to provide what CFO is apparently asking for.

There is no publicly available criminal database that covers the entire US. The National Crime Information Center database (NCIC) is, by law, only available to police agencies. Fingerprints are how this is usually searched since other methods (name matches, etc.) are not totally reliable. Private databases (that are compilations of county level public record indexes) are available, and these include addresses and (sometimes) dates of birth, but these are even less reliable since they are incomplete and lack unique identifiers such as fingerprints. State level criminal record repositories vary and records are normally only available to police agencies.

It sounds like an uninformed person at CFO is demanding something they probably don't know is impossible to obtain. Even if you tried, it's likely the best you'll be able to get are searches of each county where the subject has lived in recent years. Your best bet might be to talk to a supervisor, or go to another CFO office in another part of Philippines and try your luck there.

Good luck to you!

That's what my fiance told me, oh God. The old woman in CFO said she doesn't know where my fiance could get it, but she needs to have a paper that stated no criminal records for my fiance. I attended the seminar early last year, but she didn't even give us certificate, she would only give it when we have the visa and now she's making things hard on us. We can't ask sticker to other branches of CFO since we don't have the certificate, only the receipt.. The old woman is so strict and acts like she know everything in US. This CFO davao is more harder than USCIS, NVC and US Embassy..

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

No such document exist in the USA for the average person to obtain.

Best suggestion  ........... avoid CFO in Davao, get the sticker at another CFO branch!!!!

Do you think they would issue us sticker even I don't have certificate? I live in the province, it's 5 hours travel to Davao and need to fly to Manila, if I will travel to manila for sticker I should make sure they will give it even without certificate. I wish I could just delete my name in their system and do the cfo again..

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Terry and Kim said:

Do you think they would issue us sticker even I don't have certificate? I live in the province, it's 5 hours travel to Davao and need to fly to Manila, if I will travel to manila for sticker I should make sure they will give it even without certificate. I wish I could just delete my name in their system and do the cfo again..

You were never issued a certificate?  Then you haven't completed the GCP seminar. 

I would then suggest you contact the below person, explain your situation and ask for her assistance with CFO in Davao.  

MA. JANINE ERIKA B. EUSEBIO

Migrant Integration & Education Division

COMMISSION ON FILIPINOS OVERSEAS

Tel No: (02) 552-4759

jeusebio@cfo.gov.ph

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

You were never issued a certificate?  Then you haven't completed the GCP seminar. 

I would then suggest you contact the below person, explain your situation and ask for her assistance with CFO in Davao.  

MA. JANINE ERIKA B. EUSEBIO

Migrant Integration & Education Division

COMMISSION ON FILIPINOS OVERSEAS

Tel No: (02) 552-4759

jeusebio@cfo.gov.ph

Yes we completed the seminar.. but the woman didn't issue us the certificate cuz she said she will just give a certificate once we have a visa already.. only Davao branch do that.. it sucks. All other branches provide certificate after the seminar but not Davao. Thank you for the contact info.!

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Terry and Kim said:

Yes we completed the seminar.. but the woman didn't issue us the certificate cuz she said she will just give a certificate once we have a visa already.. only Davao branch do that.. it sucks. All other branches provide certificate after the seminar but not Davao. Thank you for the contact info.!

That is so NOT correct for the GCP seminar, certificate is to be issued upon completion.  The sticker can be obtained not only at any of the CFO offices but also at the airport (NAIA only at the moment)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

That is so NOT correct for the GCP seminar, certificate is to be issued upon completion.  The sticker can be obtained not only at any of the CFO offices but also at the airport (NAIA only at the moment)

Exactly that's why this woman stress us so much. If only she gave us the certificate, I wouldn't have any problem to where else I can get a sticker..

Timeline
1 hour ago, Terry and Kim said:

Exactly that's why this woman stress us so much. If only she gave us the certificate, I wouldn't have any problem to where else I can get a sticker..

For sure need to report her and get her "head realigned"

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

For sure need to report her and get her "head realigned"

or promoted ;)

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline
1 hour ago, Paul & Mary said:

or promoted ;)

This person that I gave them contact info for has clout .. few years back there was a guy at CFO- Manila that was scamming for bribes (P500) before approving the certificate.   I reported him to this woman, he no longer works at CFO .. dust in the wind.    

I hope she can get the issue fixed with CFO Davao .... lots of reports just like this one

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Hi I’m from Davao too, but took my seminar at Cebu last 2016. I have a name also that you can call she is the Head on CFO Office and she is a speaker too. She told us that is you have a problem just make a call for me. Her name is:

Lucille Ronda 

cellphone # 09178877908

telephone # 0322555253, 025524712

I hope still working.

Timeline

Although I use this company for my employees, they may be able to get you the info you need.

All applicants are ran thru the National and State databases. Without the need for fingerprints.

PSI Inc. - For assistance, you may e-mail staff@psibackgroundcheck.com or call our office at (706) 235-7574.
Our office hours are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST, Monday through Friday.

Timeline

I would not "go there"  ...    a very bad thing to start with CFO ... give them an inch, they will next demand your first born.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.