DELETEME1234

February 2020 AOS Filers (mod edit to title)

498 posts in this topic

On 2/11/2020 at 3:12 PM, W.Rominger said:

Ours were received on 3rd Feb ( according to Fedex), and no email nor card-charged notification yet

We thought as soon as our parcel being received, they would email us or charge our card and start processing it....

Did our K1 visa with an attorney so this is all new to us ... dont really know what to expect when filing by yourself.... 

How is your process going? Did you receive NOA?

I have the same timeline and still waiting for NOA(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Cornflake said:

How is your process going? Did you receive NOA?

I have the same timeline and still waiting for NOA(

you are not alone. still waiting.... funny my Amazon package arrived already... USCIS process slower than Amazon.com... 🤨

Want to know more about apply for K1 VISA / Green card in TAIWAN? come visit my blog https://summerprincess.pixnet.net/blog

26 minutes ago, W.Rominger said:

you are not alone. still waiting.... funny my Amazon package arrived already... USCIS process slower than Amazon.com... 🤨

I was pretty sure I'm the only one who is still waiting. Lol

I’m starting to suspect courier shipment are processed differently than USPS shipments. 

@Cornflake perhaps send an email to lockbox support by the end of the week if you haven’t heard anything yet by then. If only to be reassured by them. 

It’s good to see other Feb AOS filers though 😊

Just now, Poseidon1212 said:

I’m starting to suspect courier shipment are processed differently than USPS shipments. 

@Cornflake perhaps send an email to lockbox support by the end of the week if you haven’t heard anything yet by then. If only to be reassured by them. 

It’s good to see other Feb AOS filers though 😊

Why lockbox? I used UPS so it went not to lockbox. Or am I missing something?

Just now, Cornflake said:

Why lockbox? I used UPS so it went not to lockbox. Or am I missing something?

It all goes to a lockbox. In our case it goes to the Chicago lockbox. A lockbox is just a PO Box where they receive payments (in our case the payments for the petitions) and where someone sits and processes payments for the organisation that advertises the lockbox (in our case USCIS). 

Since only USPS can deliver into a PO Box they give a different address for when you send it with someone else. This address (most likely) is where the lockbox is located and where someone sits at a front desk accepting these shipments. It’s still the lockbox though, just a different address. 

Here they explain a bit what they do (halfway through the page). If there are any issues (or you suspect issues) you can email them at LockboxSupport@uscis.dhs.gov 

6 minutes ago, Poseidon1212 said:

It all goes to a lockbox. In our case it goes to the Chicago lockbox. A lockbox is just a PO Box where they receive payments (in our case the payments for the petitions) and where someone sits and processes payments for the organisation that advertises the lockbox (in our case USCIS). 

Since only USPS can deliver into a PO Box they give a different address for when you send it with someone else. This address (most likely) is where the lockbox is located and where someone sits at a front desk accepting these shipments. It’s still the lockbox though, just a different address. 

Here they explain a bit what they do (halfway through the page). If there are any issues (or you suspect issues) you can email them at LockboxSupport@uscis.dhs.gov 

Ok, got you. I wasn't sure because someone told me that those locations are different. For example, zip code is different for PO box Phoenix, AZ 85036 and For FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries it's Phoenix, AZ 85034.

Just now, Cornflake said:

Ok, got you. I wasn't sure because someone told me that those locations are different. For example, zip code is different for PO box Phoenix, AZ 85036 and For FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries it's Phoenix, AZ 85034.

Yeah it’s because the actual PO it is delivered in is typically not at the same location as the office where this kind of stuff is processed. Often times it’s the nearby post office.

5 minutes ago, Poseidon1212 said:

Yeah it’s because the actual PO it is delivered in is typically not at the same location as the office where this kind of stuff is processed. Often times it’s the nearby post office.

That's what I thought. But before you said that "A lockbox is just a PO Box where they receive payments" but technically lockbox is two different locations?

Edited by Cornflake

1 minute ago, Cornflake said:

That's what I thought. But before you said that "A lockbox is just a PO Box where they receive payments" but technically lockbox is two different locations?

Hmm fair, that’s poor wording on my part. I guess the distinction should be made between an actual lockbox like a PO Box and a lockbox facility where they process what’s in the lockbox. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.