DELETEME1234

February 2020 AOS Filers (mod edit to title)

498 posts in this topic

On 3/11/2020 at 7:59 PM, Poseidon1212 said:

Do you have any ties with PA? Mailing address perhaps?

No ties. We live in NJ and are residents of NJ. We got married in Philadelphia though.

10 minutes ago, Ihatebaseboards said:

No ties. We live in NJ and are residents of NJ. We got married in Philadelphia though.

That's pretty unusual. If you have a copy of the packet you send in I'd go over it to make sure you didn't make a mistake if I were you. Other than that I'd suggest you try to do a walk in biometrics at a ASC nearby. 

3 hours ago, Poseidon1212 said:

They wanted an additional sponsor and a long-form birth cert of petitioner. 

The new sponsor was just because of your severe financial lost ?

or you needed one even before the expedite AED case ?

because I was worried about expediting my case base on financial lost just because of them asking me to provide new sponsor 

please let me know 

14 minutes ago, Matisco diakite said:

The new sponsor was just because of your severe financial lost ?

or you needed one even before the expedite AED case ?

because I was worried about expediting my case base on financial lost just because of them asking me to provide new sponsor 

please let me know 

It was unrelated as far as I can tell. 

22 hours ago, Poseidon1212 said:

You can't call, but plenty of people have walking in earlier (like me) or in a different location altogether with success. There are no guarantees in this regard, it's up to discretion of whomever is in charge at the location. So you won't know until you try. 

You're right! Just walked in at a different location and 10 days earlier than me appointment date. Just had to explain my situation and that was it! Do I just check my case status on here or is there a different place I need to be looking at? https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do

If that's the right place, my fingerprints have not been updated yet.

17 minutes ago, Matisco diakite said:

Thank you 

that’s a big relief 

Have you received your AED yet ?

Not yet. 

5 minutes ago, PimT said:

If that's the right place, my fingerprints have not been updated yet.

In my case that's my most reliable source. There's also https://my.uscis.gov but that one typically lags behind in status updates for me. 

Typically it takes a day before it shows that your fingerprints are taken. 

6 hours ago, Poseidon1212 said:

That's pretty unusual. If you have a copy of the packet you send in I'd go over it to make sure you didn't make a mistake if I were you. Other than that I'd suggest you try to do a walk in biometrics at a ASC nearby. 

Just went to Mount Laurel ASC (nearest) to try and get  possible walk in appointment. No go. Per the security they do not allow walk in as they are very busy. Probably explains why I was sent to second nearest ASC i.e. Philly.  Checked my packet, all correct there.

Yesterday I called USCIS to request an expedite of EAD. I got a reference/receipt number and was told that I will receive email requesting additional information from USCIS. Now I am waiting impatiently for the email ughhh

Also I didn't realize that when we filed for EAD and AP together, we would need to do the biometrics twice. I already did one this Monday and just got another mail saying I need to do another one two weeks later for 131. 

Edited by xin.penguin

2 minutes ago, xin.penguin said:

Yesterday I called USCIS to request an expedite of EAD. I got a reference/receipt number and was told that I will receive email requesting additional information from USCIS. Now I am waiting impatiently for the email ughhh

Also I didn't realize that when we filed for EAD and AP together, we would need to do the biometrics twice. I already did one this Monday and just got another mail saying I need to do another one two weeks later for 131. 

That’s weird, I received a letter from them saying they will transfer the one I did 2 weeks ago into the Ap because that’s how they operate now and they applied it to my Ap 1 day after I got an email , text and an update on their website 

1 minute ago, Matisco diakite said:

That’s weird, I received a letter from them saying they will transfer the one I did 2 weeks ago into the Ap because that’s how they operate now and they applied it to my Ap 1 day after I got an email , text and an update on their website 

hmm it's weird. I'll wait a couple days to see whether I will get another mail

3 hours ago, Poseidon1212 said:

Not yet. 

In my case that's my most reliable source. There's also https://my.uscis.gov but that one typically lags behind in status updates for me. 

Typically it takes a day before it shows that your fingerprints are taken. 

What other website can I use to track my case please ? Other than my.uscis.gov 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.