Duke & Marie

Police Certificate Rejected as Wrong One But Isn’t

29 posts in this topic

Hi Guys.. I’ve got no idea what to do now.. 

NVC rejected my Australian Federal Police Certificate saying it was the wrong one.. 

We called them and was refurred to a Supervisor for review

Today after waiting over two weeks, we called them and was told that the Supervisor had reviewed it at that it was the wrong one and must be issued by the Fed Police.. But it is issued by Fed Police and clearly says so on it.

ive asked others and they’ve either posted or sent me copies of theirs and they’re identical to mine..

I’m not sure what to do now.. it’s been rejected twice and reviewed by a supervisor as wrong one.. but it’s the right one, same as others who’ve been accepted and the only Fed pol one we get here 

any ideas? 

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

That's so frustrating! I am sorry to hear :(

My suggestion would be call another couple of times to get different people and point out the obvious. You can't replace it with a different one because you have the right one.

Beyond that you could try to get a local senator rep from where your partner lives and get their office to appeal on your behalf.

Or just suck it up, resubmit again and hope you get someone with half a brain who check it next time.

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Naomi1984 said:

Could you get the other one then submit them both? It's a pain but then they might see the difference!

There is no “ other one “. The one that OP submitted, called National Police Check”  is the one listed under the official NVC documentation for Australia. There is no other one to get !!  

Timeline
On 1/29/2020 at 9:51 PM, Duke & Marie said:

NVC rejected my Australian Federal Police Certificate saying it was the wrong one.. 

Today after waiting over two weeks, we called them and was told that the Supervisor had reviewed it at that it was the wrong one and must be issued by the Fed Police.. But it is issued by Fed Police and clearly says so on it.

ive asked others and they’ve either posted or sent me copies of theirs and they’re identical to mine..

I’m not sure what to do now.. it’s been rejected twice and reviewed by a supervisor as wrong one.. but it’s the right one, same as others who’ve been accepted and the only Fed pol one we get here 

any ideas? 

Did your spouse call again today ? 

Just now, Lil bear said:

There is no “ other one “. The one that OP submitted, called National Police Check”  is the one listed under the official NVC documentation for Australia. There is no other one to get !!  

Oh I thought there was a state and federal one, my bad.

Timeline
Just now, Naomi1984 said:

Oh I thought there was a state and federal one, my bad.

There is .. but OP has the federal one .. it’s called National

Police  Check , issued by the AFP.

1 hour ago, Lil bear said:

Did your spouse call again today ? 

I called AFP, they said they sent me the right one so called Sydney consulate after checking their website and they’ve confirmed it’s correct.. hubby called NVC again still same BS response that it’s the wrong one this time they refused to put him through to a supervisor and told him to tell me to upload the right one..  

so, I thought F it... went local cop shop got them to assist with fingerprints, I’m going to organise AFP Biometrics and order new AFP National and State police certificates and upload them all.. they can take their pick and shove it where the sun don’t shine.. 

if they reject again, I’ll not be held responsible for my actions 😤

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021

On 1/30/2020 at 2:51 PM, Duke & Marie said:

any ideas? 

Hey mate, 

you sure you are selecting “ Full Disclosure “ one ?

you are right that you have sent them the AFP one but there are various options on the website. You need to select the one that’s used for Australian Immigration. ( yes, it’s US but they still require Australian Immigration one as it discloses every offence)

3 minutes ago, haiderzaidi said:

Hey mate, 

you sure you are selecting “ Full Disclosure “ one ?

you are right that you have sent them the AFP one but there are various options on the website. You need to select the one that’s used for Australian Immigration. ( yes, it’s US but they still require Australian Immigration one as it discloses every offence)

Yep, says complete disclosure - clean... it’s also the second certificate uploaded.. first was given USCIS in 2018, second to NVC in 2019, now have third on order.. followed embassy instruction to a T.. 

16A5B388-820D-4F1F-833D-053AE98485E9.jpeg

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021

14 hours ago, Duke & Marie said:

Yep, says complete disclosure - clean... it’s also the second certificate uploaded.. first was given USCIS in 2018, second to NVC in 2019, now have third on order.. followed embassy instruction to a T.. 

16A5B388-820D-4F1F-833D-053AE98485E9.jpeg

That's Strange. I Hope it gets accepted this time. Good luck Duke.

Ok.. Brand New Police Certificate just came in the mail.. I ordered it following links and every instruction from the USA Consulate website in Sydney.. it is identical to my last one..

now for try number 3 😭😭

E96D3620-6C10-4F72-BCC5-9615A8819D54.jpeg

AOS Journey

• NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021

16 hours ago, Duke & Marie said:

Ok.. Brand New Police Certificate just came in the mail.. I ordered it following links and every instruction from the USA Consulate website in Sydney.. it is identical to my last one..

now for try number 3 😭😭

Could it be possible that an alias used was left off?  Is a separate police cert required for the alias itself?

Our ROC story so far...
1/3/2022: I-751 sent via USPS Priority Mail; delivered to Phoenix Lockbox 1/5
1/6/2022: CC processed for filing and biometric fees
1/7/2022: Received receipt # via text
1/15/2022:  Received NOA and 24-month extension letter
1/22/2022:  Received biometrics appointment letter
2/8/2022:  Biometrics appointment
10/2/2023:  SURPRISE!  We received the I-751 approval letter and 10-year green card without an interview.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.