Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CarolinaVenezuela

Getting ready for interview. (Split)

12 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hello!

Currently my case is in the NVC, and it will soon be sent to the United States Embassy in Bogota. I am Venezuelan, but as some know, the embassy in Caracas has suspended its activities until further notice and the cases are being treated in Bogota.

Now, regarding the documents I need to carry for the interview: My birth certificate and criminal records, is it necessary that these be legalized and apostilled to be valid for the interview?

Thanks in advance.


event.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2020 at 4:41 AM, CarolinaVenezuela said:

Hello!

Currently my case is in the NVC, and it will soon be sent to the United States Embassy in Bogota. I am Venezuelan, but as some know, the embassy in Caracas has suspended its activities until further notice and the cases are being treated in Bogota.

Now, regarding the documents I need to carry for the interview: My birth certificate and criminal records, is it necessary that these be legalized and apostilled to be valid for the interview?

Thanks in advance.

No, it’s not necessary at all. Mine weren’t. Make sure to take your fiancé’s original birth certificate. If you have them then that’s fine, but as of last year it wasn’t necessary. They will send you a package with instructions and a checklist.  You’ll have to make 2 appointments one for biometrics and another one for the interview itself. Arrive early, there’s a lot of people going there and no designated waiting area. You have to wait outside the embassy across the street. I recommend DR. Dennis for the medical. You also have to make a separate appointment for the lab test. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

 

22 minutes ago, Eric&Mirella said:

No, it’s not necessary at all. Mine weren’t. Make sure to take your fiancé’s original birth certificate. If you have them then that’s fine, but as of last year it wasn’t necessary. They will send you a package with instructions and a checklist.  You’ll have to make 2 appointments one for biometrics and another one for the interview itself. Arrive early, there’s a lot of people going there and no designated waiting area. You have to wait outside the embassy across the street. I recommend DR. Dennis for the medical. You also have to make a separate appointment for the lab test. 

Thank you for your advice Mirella!👏

 

I'll try to get them legalized just in case. 

 

I have another question for you, that you were on that point already, how many days do you recommend to stay in Bogota to complete the process? From medical exam to visa in hand... We are thinking about flying to the US from Bogota if everything goes well.

 

 


event.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CarolinaVenezuela said:

 

Thank you for your advice Mirella!👏

 

I'll try to get them legalized just in case. 

 

I have another question for you, that you were on that point already, how many days do you recommend to stay in Bogota to complete the process? From medical exam to visa in hand... We are thinking about flying to the US from Bogota if everything goes well.

 

 

I flew from Bogota to  L.A, tickets are incredibly cheap. I stayed from  March 14th to April 2nd. I did the lab tests the 15th, my medical was the 20th.  I got my biometrics appointment the 26th and my interview the 27th. My visa was issued on the 29th but wasn’t ready for pick up until April 1st very late in the afternoon around 4:30-5:00pm.I left the very next day. 
 

*For the lab tests you should be there around 6:30, they start working really early and also take cash around 450.000 pesos (if it hasn’t changed)  To pay for the test,they don’t take cards or cheques.  I went early and was out around 8:20 am. Fast for at least 8-12 hrs( I know it’s hard) it’s required. 

* You can pay for the medical with cards or cash. 


* I totally recommend using Uber/lyft/cabify instead of taxis. 


* I was advised by the staff in the hotel to show up early at the embassy , and it worked pretty well. I was the 3rd person to be interviewed.  My appointment was at 7:30 but showed up at 6:45. And got in around 7 o’clock.  


* Organize your documents according to the instructions package, they will review them at a checkpoint before entering the embassy. 


 

If I can recall any other details I’ll let you know. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Hijack post and related replies split off an unrelated thread. Please do not post your questions for your case in other members threads.~~


Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
On 1/29/2020 at 5:29 PM, Eric&Mirella said:

I flew from Bogota to  L.A, tickets are incredibly cheap. I stayed from  March 14th to April 2nd. I did the lab tests the 15th, my medical was the 20th.  I got my biometrics appointment the 26th and my interview the 27th. My visa was issued on the 29th but wasn’t ready for pick up until April 1st very late in the afternoon around 4:30-5:00pm.I left the very next day. 
 

*For the lab tests you should be there around 6:30, they start working really early and also take cash around 450.000 pesos (if it hasn’t changed)  To pay for the test,they don’t take cards or cheques.  I went early and was out around 8:20 am. Fast for at least 8-12 hrs( I know it’s hard) it’s required. 

* You can pay for the medical with cards or cash. 


* I totally recommend using Uber/lyft/cabify instead of taxis. 


* I was advised by the staff in the hotel to show up early at the embassy , and it worked pretty well. I was the 3rd person to be interviewed.  My appointment was at 7:30 but showed up at 6:45. And got in around 7 o’clock.  


* Organize your documents according to the instructions package, they will review them at a checkpoint before entering the embassy. 


 

If I can recall any other details I’ll let you know. 
 

 

That's invaluable information. Thank you so much Mirella!

 

I would appreciate if you can help me with one more question... I'm struggling with the Bogota trip, it would be easier to have done in Caracas, but... Where did you receive you K1 Visa after it was approved? At your hotel? Because I know that on the DS-160 form you need to provide your mailing address (I guess it's because they will send your visa there), but what happens if I will be in Bogota and I want to have my visa in hand in Bogota?, but I don't have an address to receive the visa, only a hotel location in Bogota... I don't want them to send the visa to Caracas.

 

Thanks in advance!


event.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CarolinaVenezuela said:

That's invaluable information. Thank you so much Mirella!

 

I would appreciate if you can help me with one more question... I'm struggling with the Bogota trip, it would be easier to have done in Caracas, but... Where did you receive you K1 Visa after it was approved? At your hotel? Because I know that on the DS-160 form you need to provide your mailing address (I guess it's because they will send your visa there), but what happens if I will be in Bogota and I want to have my visa in hand in Bogota?, but I don't have an address to receive the visa, only a hotel location in Bogota... I don't want them to send the visa to Caracas.

 

Thanks in advance!

You have to pick it up at the sac in Bogotá. That’s the place where they take your fingerprints. It’s not sent to your address. However, some people who are put on AP are asked to leave the country and prepay an envelope  so the passport is returned to Venezuela. 

Edited by Eric&Mirella

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, VisaDonnie said:

Where did you stay in Bogota? Two weeks can be expensive in a hotel.

Hotel regency suites in quinta paredes. It was an average of $40/night. The rooms are studio apartments,so you can cook,wash clothes, store food in a full size fridge. You also get daily housekeeping,free breakfast and 24hr front desk help. 
 

full address: Carrera 43 numero 22 A -30, Teusaquillo, Bogotá. 
 

I paid for my hotel since my fiancé paid for the tickets. It was around $700. Maybe a bit more. The embassy is on a walking distance. But I paid a taxi the day of the interview and was only 5,000 pesos(very cheap) less than $2. In my case, me and my husband shared all the expenses of all our trips plus the visa process costs.  Because I honestly preferred  it that way.  I always advise that if it gets too expensive it’s ok to let the other person know that contributing to the process is all right. 
 

Costs can add up! So even $1000 can make a difference. 

Edited by Eric&Mirella

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
On 2/7/2020 at 3:25 AM, Eric&Mirella said:

Hotel regency suites in quinta paredes. It was an average of $40/night. The rooms are studio apartments,so you can cook,wash clothes, store food in a full size fridge. You also get daily housekeeping,free breakfast and 24hr front desk help. 
 

full address: Carrera 43 numero 22 A -30, Teusaquillo, Bogotá. 
 

I paid for my hotel since my fiancé paid for the tickets. It was around $700. Maybe a bit more. The embassy is on a walking distance. But I paid a taxi the day of the interview and was only 5,000 pesos(very cheap) less than $2. In my case, me and my husband shared all the expenses of all our trips plus the visa process costs.  Because I honestly preferred  it that way.  I always advise that if it gets too expensive it’s ok to let the other person know that contributing to the process is all right. 
 

Costs can add up! So even $1000 can make a difference. 

Hello again Mirella! Finally got my interview appointment for April 22 (I booked it this morning) after waiting 1 moth to get the "Package of instructions" but I haven't received any. I know from this website which is the documentation required from 2017.

 

I would like to know from your experience if you got the "Package of instructions" and if you have it, could you send it to my email? martinezmontilva1996@gmail.com

 

And, is that package a "must" and "mandatory" document to show the day of the interview?

 

Thanks in advance!


event.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, CarolinaVenezuela said:

Hello again Mirella! Finally got my interview appointment for April 22 (I booked it this morning) after waiting 1 moth to get the "Package of instructions" but I haven't received any. I know from this website which is the documentation required from 2017.

 

I would like to know from your experience if you got the "Package of instructions" and if you have it, could you send it to my email? martinezmontilva1996@gmail.com

 

And, is that package a "must" and "mandatory" document to show the day of the interview?

 

Thanks in advance!

Hi, I sent you the email with the instructions , is not mandatory but I took it anyways since it works well as a checklist. Is the same for everyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...