8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Latvia
Timeline

Hello,

My husband came here on a K1 Fiance visa back in July, we got married in August, and now we have our (or should I say 'his') interview for his AOS. We are gathering all the paperwork and evidence showing that we are actually married and what not. My question is, do we need EVERY single item listed on the letter? Meaning all of my work paystubs, work letter, original copies of birth certificate, etc... or is having my passport and his legal documents good enough? We obviously will bring in all the photos from our wedding/honeymoon as well as evidence such as our lease and check book showing we live together and are married but I just keep hearing mixed reviews on whether or not I do need to bring in all of the stuff that we already submitted with his K1 visa since technically they should already have all of it right? Also what can we expect in the interview I hear everyone has a different experience but i guess what is the most important thing we should be prepared for?Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Polinachka said:

Hello,

My husband came here on a K1 Fiance visa back in July, we got married in August, and now we have our (or should I say 'his') interview for his AOS. We are gathering all the paperwork and evidence showing that we are actually married and what not. My question is, do we need EVERY single item listed on the letter? Meaning all of my work paystubs, work letter, original copies of birth certificate, etc... or is having my passport and his legal documents good enough? We obviously will bring in all the photos from our wedding/honeymoon as well as evidence such as our lease and check book showing we live together and are married but I just keep hearing mixed reviews on whether or not I do need to bring in all of the stuff that we already submitted with his K1 visa since technically they should already have all of it right? Also what can we expect in the interview I hear everyone has a different experience but i guess what is the most important thing we should be prepared for?Thanks!

If the letter asks for it, bring it! It doesn't hurt to have everything with you, just in case. You never know what you'll be asked for at the interview.

Timeline

@Joyoussinger What can I expect from the interview? Also Do they keep any of the things we bring in with us or do we take everything after the interview? Trying to figure out if I need to bring originals and copies. 

2 hours ago, Polinachka said:

@Joyoussinger What can I expect from the interview? Also Do they keep any of the things we bring in with us or do we take everything after the interview? Trying to figure out if I need to bring originals and copies. 

From the I485 interview appointment letter:

Screenshot_20200120-183840_OneDrive.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
14 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

From the I485 interview appointment letter:

Screenshot_20200120-183840_OneDrive.jpg

Yes, bring originals and copies. They didn't ask us for any of them, but we were ready!

Timeline

So when they ask for things like affidavit support and medical examination form, we filed these things when applying for the green card so am I supposed to fill another one out or how do we go about that?

1 hour ago, Polinachka said:

So when they ask for things like affidavit support and medical examination form, we filed these things when applying for the green card so am I supposed to fill another one out or how do we go about that?

You bring your other copy of the I864 you made or an updated one if your financial situation or documents have changed.

For medical, you bring your DS3025 and a photocopy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
21 hours ago, Polinachka said:

if you filled the original one, theres nothing to do about it, just tell the officer you sent the original one and you have no copy of it. my interview is next month, im getting copies of everything i sent with the forms.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.