Nikki06

2020/ 21- US Passport & Card Application-Tracker

2,779 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Waffle123 said:

It has been saying "In Process" for over 4 weeks now.

Once I sent it in, it took another week just to show up in the system. So basically I sent it in over 5 weeks ago.

I just checked the agency opening status. Boston agency entered phase 1 on Dec 7, there might be a long queue of applications. I would guess your application is with them. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Egy said:

They are not providing tracking numbers since they are sending applications in groups to different processing centers and no one knows how they prioritize or distribute them.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/get-fast/passport-agencies.html

Same question are you able to track your case online?

Any updates about your application?

Thanks for the information. I think my application might go to Dallas agency since it is the closest (I am in San Antonio), although it might go to others. 

I'm getting a little worried now. I read in this thread applicants who got their passports in less than a month. I applied on 11/18 (expedited), got the "in progress" email on 11/24, and nothing since then. I called their information center last week, but their rep had no time estimate. She just told me that my application is processed at their NH center (I live in AZ). On 12/23 I filled a request for a refund of the $60, since they already passed the 20 business days commitment, but still haven't heard anything.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/get-fast/refund.html

Even though there were 2 long weekends in between (Thanksgiving & Christmas), it seems too long. Today is exactly 5 weeks since I got the "in progress" email. Any ideas what to do? Their call center doesn't really offer any help.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Veggie3 said:

I'm getting a little worried now. I read in this thread applicants who got their passports in less than a month. I applied on 11/18 (expedited), got the "in progress" email on 11/24, and nothing since then. I called their information center last week, but their rep had no time estimate. She just told me that my application is processed at their NH center (I live in AZ). On 12/23 I filled a request for a refund of the $60, since they already passed the 20 business days commitment, but still haven't heard anything.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/get-fast/refund.html

Even though there were 2 long weekends in between (Thanksgiving & Christmas), it seems too long. Today is exactly 5 weeks since I got the "in progress" email. Any ideas what to do? Their call center doesn't really offer any help.

Processed in NH, but your passport will come from AZ, or AR printing centers.

Your NC will come back from NH

There is NO 20 day business day commitment, unless you WALKED into an AGENCY OR CENTER, only 4 to 6 weeks expedited from an ACCEPTANCE FACILITY , you're at 5 weeks.

Post office, library are acceptance facilities.

In progress, just means they received it, it was forwarded to NH, yay could have taken 2 weeks to arrive to the CENTER.

Edited by NEW CITIZEN

Timeline
1 hour ago, NEW CITIZEN said:

Processed in NH, but your passport will come from AZ, or AR printing centers.

Your NC will come back from NH

There is NO 20 day business day commitment, unless you WALKED into an AGENCY OR CENTER, only 4 to 6 weeks expedited from an ACCEPTANCE FACILITY , you're at 5 weeks.

Post office, library are acceptance facilities.

In progress, just means they received it, it was forwarded to NH, yay could have taken 2 weeks to arrive to the CENTER.

Help me to understand, so is the passport agency the one that prints the passport? Then NH office is the one that verifies naturalization certificate.

@Veggie3, I think they should refund the $60 back to you once it passes 6 weeks. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, stats787 said:

Help me to understand, so is the passport agency the one that prints the passport? Then NH office is the one that verifies naturalization certificate.

@Veggie3, I think they should refund the $60 back to you once it passes 6 weeks. 

Veggi3

When you go to the Post Office or Library to submit your application, that's an ACCEPTANCE facility.

They send your passport to the main CENTER in Texas.

That center sends your application and NC to 1 of 27 AGENCIES, or CENTERS (OFFICES) https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/get-fast/passport-agencies.html .

Its round robin, based on workload.

The AGENCY, in your case NH (So was mine, and Im in Los Angeles) approves the application, and transmits the data to either a PRINT CENTER in Arkansas, or Arizona.

You will get your passport USPS Priority from one of those 2 print centers. You will receive you NC via snail mail from NH, in your case.

The AGENCIES or CENTERS also take emergency applications. as a walk in with an appointment. But you'll need proof of an emergency.

@ New Citizen:

Have you looked at the link I posted? It says specifically, "Our expedited service commitment is to process your passport application within 20 business days from the date we receive your application at a passport agency or center (or from the date you request expedited service)." So "you should have received your passport or a letter requesting more information in approximately 4-6 weeks door-to-door if you requested expedited service. If you did not receive your passport or a letter requesting more information in this time period, you can request a refund of the $60 expedited service fee."

I'm almost at 6 weeks since applying at an acceptance facility, and exactly 5 weeks since the passport center received it. I'm less worried about the $60 and more about just getting my PP book & card, and of course the naturalization certificate.

Timeline
1 hour ago, NEW CITIZEN said:

Veggi3

When you go to the Post Office or Library to submit your application, that's an ACCEPTANCE facility.

They send your passport to the main CENTER in Texas.

That center sends your application and NC to 1 of 27 AGENCIES, or CENTERS (OFFICES) https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/get-fast/passport-agencies.html .

Its round robin, based on workload.

The AGENCY, in your case NH (So was mine, and Im in Los Angeles) approves the application, and transmits the data to either a PRINT CENTER in Arkansas, or Arizona.

You will get your passport USPS Priority from one of those 2 print centers. You will receive you NC via snail mail from NH, in your case.

The AGENCIES or CENTERS also take emergency applications. as a walk in with an appointment. But you'll need proof of an emergency.

Appreciated all the information you provided, very helpful!!

🙃

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Veggie3 said:

@ New Citizen:

Have you looked at the link I posted? It says specifically, "Our expedited service commitment is to process your passport application within 20 business days from the date we receive your application at a passport agency or center (or from the date you request expedited service)." So "you should have received your passport or a letter requesting more information in approximately 4-6 weeks door-to-door if you requested expedited service. If you did not receive your passport or a letter requesting more information in this time period, you can request a refund of the $60 expedited service fee."

I'm almost at 6 weeks since applying at an acceptance facility, and exactly 5 weeks since the passport center received it. I'm less worried about the $60 and more about just getting my PP book & card, and of course the naturalization certificate.

In my opinion, they should allow acceptance facility to verify our naturalization certificate on the spot and make a copy to be sent with the application. So that we don't need to submit our valuable original naturalization certificate with the application. Then they can take as long as they want to process the passport, the expiration of the passport is 10 years after the approval date. Unless we want to travel soon, then it is a different story. 

I got naturalized on 16 th Dec 2020 and applied passport same day afternoon in a nearby post office with expedite . Application got in their system for tracking on 29 the Dec late night .

Will the 4-6 week expedite count from the day we apply in the post office or from the day the state received the application in their system ?

I applied for my passport at USPS in Philadelphia on Dec 11th, 2020. I didn't get a tracking number and when I called travel.state.gov they told me they can't find my application in the system. They didn't cash my passport fee check either. I'm sure there's delays but I never got any email either. Should I be worried?

1 hour ago, zeal4thil said:

I got naturalized on 16 th Dec 2020 and applied passport same day afternoon in a nearby post office with expedite . Application got in their system for tracking on 29 the Dec late night .

Will the 4-6 week expedite count from the day we apply in the post office or from the day the state received the application in their system ?

USPS office is an acceptance facility.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/how-apply/where-to-apply/af-info.html

What is a Passport Acceptance Facility?

A Passport Acceptance Facility is a public sector office that is designated to accept and execute passport applications on our behalf. Passport Acceptance Facilities verify the information of applicants using Form DS-11, which includes all first-time applicants and all minors. You then send these verified applications to us, and we process the paperwork and issue the passport, if the customer is eligible.

I got naturalized on 16th too and sent my application on 17th through USPS and still my application is not trackable yet [Not Found].

Did they sent you an email for status?

Edited by Egy
Typo

5 minutes ago, OhWait said:

I applied for my passport at USPS in Philadelphia on Dec 11th, 2020. I didn't get a tracking number and when I called travel.state.gov they told me they can't find my application in the system. They didn't cash my passport fee check either. I'm sure there's delays but I never got any email either. Should I be worried?

USPS they don’t give tracking numbers. You just check your application status from https://passportstatus.state.gov

Remember that we still in a pandemic plus the federal holidays/weekends and most of passport centers are in phase one and zero.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/get-fast/passport-agencies.html

Just keep check your application status online without calling anyone.

On 12/29/2020 at 7:20 AM, Egy said:

They are not providing tracking numbers since they are sending applications in groups to different processing centers and no one knows how they prioritize or distribute them.

Same question are you able to track your case online?

Any updates about your application?

No updates for me yet :( Did you hear something on your app?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.