GP1977

Global Entry with different GC Name & Passport Name

55 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello

"The name or date of birth entered on your U.S. Passport or Permanent Resident Card, does not match the Profile on this account." I am stuck here, did anyone figure out a work around for it?

Thank you

Jish

5 hours ago, Jish&Abt said:

Hello

"The name or date of birth entered on your U.S. Passport or Permanent Resident Card, does not match the Profile on this account." I am stuck here, did anyone figure out a work around for it?

Thank you

Jish

Probably need to see them in person with your passport and documents proving name change.

Timeline
36 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Probably need to see them in person with your passport and documents proving name change.

Thank you. So i guess we wont be able for apply online. :( I dont know if they will take walk in applications. Most of the global entry application center in airports near me are temporarily closed. I am wondering if i can apply for tsa precheck instead and then wait for my US citizenship and apply for GE.🤔

@Jish&Abt Global Entry is for international travel, TSA Precheck with some exceptions, is for domestic travel.

Global Entry includes TSA Precheck.

You can definifely apply for TSA Precheck first and few years later to Global Entry.

The best course of action is to change your passport to match your current legal name (matching to Green Card) and then apply for GE.

Edited by OldUser

Timeline
20 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Sorry I'm not 100% sure I understand your situation. I thought you were updating your existing profile for Global Entry. Are you trying to apply? Is the issue mismatching last name in passport and Green Card?

I actually applied for GE and mine was pretty straight forward since i am a US citizen, when i tried to apply for my wife, i got an error saying "The name or date of birth entered on your U.S. Passport or Permanent Resident Card, does not match the Profile on this account." Her Indian passport has her maiden name and GC has my last name. I dont know whats the work around for it. I havent tried TSA Precheck yet, not sure if she will get the same error for it.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, OldUser said:

@Jish&Abt Global Entry is for international travel, TSA Precheck with some exceptions, is for domestic travel.

Global Entry includes TSA Precheck.

You can definifely apply for TSA Precheck first and few years later to Global Entry.

The best course of action is to change your passport to match your current legal name (matching to Green Card) and then apply for GE.

Changing passport name is a length process for India, atleast thats what she told me, i am actually worried it will complicate her permanent GC process. Her conditional GC will expire in May and i dont want change her passport in between the applications. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, OldUser said:

@Jish&Abt got it. Might as well never change it if she plans to naturalize in the US, as she will need to give up her Indian citizenship anyways in this case.

Yup, and with current immigration timeline i dont see that happening in next 3 years. 😅

On 9/16/2022 at 10:02 PM, Jish&Abt said:

I actually applied for GE and mine was pretty straight forward since i am a US citizen, when i tried to apply for my wife, i got an error saying "The name or date of birth entered on your U.S. Passport or Permanent Resident Card, does not match the Profile on this account." Her Indian passport has her maiden name and GC has my last name. I dont know whats the work around for it. I havent tried TSA Precheck yet, not sure if she will get the same error for it.

You need to apply for GE using the name as per the GC, which I assume is her married name. If you use her maiden name as per the passport it won't work. I went through the same. Had to go back, change the name of the account and then continue adding documents. You will have to input both the GC and the passport data anyway as well as then fill out the line that asks for any other names she's known as (her maiden name, in this case).

In other news, my GE app has been pending for five months now with no movement. 's ridiculous. Flying back home to the US tomorrow and I'm already dreading the lines at SFO 😭 

Edited by ghostinthemachine

asdf

1 hour ago, ghostinthemachine said:

In other news, my GE app has been pending for five months now with no movement. 's ridiculous. Flying back home to the US tomorrow and I'm already dreading the lines at SFO 😭 

My wife took 6 1/2 months to be conditionally approved.  Step daughter took two days.  Anecdotally, based on ours and a few other recent cases I am aware of, it seems folks randomly fall into either the two day or else the 6 1/2 month group.  Not many recent examples falling anywhere in between those extremes that I have identified anyways.

My wife's conditional approval did come on the eve of a flight back to the US so there could be a connection there.  I wouldn't get your hopes up but if you are flying back tomorrow, make one last check of your status before you go.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

On 9/17/2022 at 4:27 PM, top_secret said:

My wife took 6 1/2 months to be conditionally approved.  Step daughter took two days.  Anecdotally, based on ours and a few other recent cases I am aware of, it seems folks randomly fall into either the two day or else the 6 1/2 month group.  Not many recent examples falling anywhere in between those extremes that I have identified anyways.

My wife's conditional approval did come on the eve of a flight back to the US so there could be a connection there.  I wouldn't get your hopes up but if you are flying back tomorrow, make one last check of your status before you go.

Crazy how long this all takes. I honestly thought that if they've recently run all sorts of background checks for immigration purposes it might not take forever, but clearly not lmao. No change to my status either after coming back to the US now... and so they wait continues 

asdf

Timeline
On 9/17/2022 at 5:25 PM, ghostinthemachine said:

You need to apply for GE using the name as per the GC, which I assume is her married name. If you use her maiden name as per the passport it won't work. I went through the same. Had to go back, change the name of the account and then continue adding documents. You will have to input both the GC and the passport data anyway as well as then fill out the line that asks for any other names she's known as (her maiden name, in this case).

Thank you so much, i just followed this and i was able to apply for GE for my wife. Now lets wait and see how long it will take for her to get a conditional approval. I got my conditional approval today ( 5 day after applying), but there no appointments available anywhere near me. I heard its a hit or miss, my friend got his approved in 2 days and my other friend who applied a day after took almost 6 months. Good luck, hopefully you will hear something soon.🤞

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The biggest concern for everyone around this subject seems to be whether or not Global Entry works in situations where the GE is under your married name but your passport is not (Maiden). 

The other questions that also keeps being brought up is as to what last name you us when applying for GE. Well, it should not even be a question as there is no option to choose. Applications are done based on the last name tied to your Green Card...period. 

The first couple of times we traveled internationally after having received the Global Entry (Married Name Under Green Card) it did not work for my wife as her flights were always booked using her passport that is still under her maiden last name. Every time we tried to scan her passport at the GE kiosks it would not work. 

Fast forward to our last international trip just last month and things have changed. As one poster early in this thread stated, if the particular airport you are flying into utilizes the new scanner systems then no documentation is required. My wife and I simply faced the scanner and were immediately recognized. Pretty damn cool if you ask me. This was at the Houston Bush International Airport. 

So in the end, it is going to depend on what system of entry is being used at the airport you will be flying into. If it's a scanner then you'll be fine, otherwise, just plan on assuming your GE will not work if you need to scan your passport or show any type of documentation. 

I just got mine approved recently (only took almost 6 months) and have had no issues with GC/GE in married name and passport in maiden name. At the GE kiosk where you need to scan something you need to scan your GC and not your passport (as instructed by the people working the GE desk).

asdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.