DSB27

NVC: Nothing to Submit for Police Check Form

19 posts in this topic

Hi there,

The required police check form for New Zealand is a form that you request from the NZ Police, who then forward the results to the US Consulate in Auckland. The Police never forward the results to the applicant.

In light of that, I'm wondering what to do for the CEAC page that asks for a police certificate to be uploaded. Should I just "submit" all my documents on CEAC with the Police certificate "missing" (if that is possible), or will the NVC/Consulate upload the relevant document themselves? Perhaps I should call the Consulate/NVC and ask what to do? Though it must be a common problem, at least for all New Zealand police certificates.

I really don't want to get the process wrong, as I know that procedural errors can add weeks/months to your application...

According to the state department:

To obtain a New Zealand Police clearance certificate for U.S. Immigration, you must download and sign a Section 14 ‘overseas’ form available on the New Zealand Police Vetting Service website, http://www.police.govt.nz/advice/businesses-and-organisations/vetting/vetting-process-visas.

When you complete the form, please indicate that the criminal record is being requested for the United States of America and reference the three-letter ten-digit case number (e.g. ACK followed by 10 numbers for Auckland) or A#.  The postal address is U.S. Consulate General, Immigrant Visa Section, Private Bag 92022, Auckland, New Zealand.

You should email the completed request form to the Police Vetting Service at vetting@police.govt.nz.

which means the State Department and NVC are aware that police certificates are directly sent to the consulate. As such, you should send in a written explanation to the NVC that the police certificate has been applied for and sent to the Consulate and that you cannot submit a copy to the NVC because of how New Zealand handle police certificates.

that’s how I would do it.

Edited by SorrowL

visa Issued

Here's what I did:

Once the New Zealand Police have completed the vetting process, they send you a confirmation that the results have been sent to the Auckland Consulate. I uploaded that confirmation in the police certificate box on CEAC.

12 minutes ago, DSB27 said:

Here's what I did:

Once the New Zealand Police have completed the vetting process, they send you a confirmation that the results have been sent to the Auckland Consulate. I uploaded that confirmation in the police certificate box on CEAC.

That sounds like a good decision. 

visa Issued

2 hours ago, Shakila Dahal said:

Thanks for the reply Daniel. 

Just one more question, how long does vetting processing take before the NZ police report is sent to US embassy. 

No problem.

It was very fast. I submitted my form last Saturday and received confirmation that it had been emailed to the Auckland Consulate on Monday morning.

2 hours ago, DETROITKIWI said:

So you are not required to have an interview date with embassy to apply for police check?

It was one of the civil documents required to be uploaded to CEAC after completion of the DS-260 (Visa Application) form. I imagine that you could apply for the police check as soon as you have case number from the NVC.

• 3 months later...
On 1/14/2020 at 3:52 PM, DSB27 said:

Here's what I did:

This was so helpful! I was wondering what to do as well...

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2020 at 3:14 PM, VMikaele said:

This was so helpful! I was wondering what to do as well...

So I ended up doing this and it got rejected. Any other advice on what to upload for the Police Certificate?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
41 minutes ago, VMikaele said:

So I ended up doing this and it got rejected. Any other advice on what to upload for the Police Certificate?

Call or email NVC to explain.  They'll deal with it as needed.  That was what to do in the beginning, by the way.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

43 minutes ago, VMikaele said:

This was the advice that I specifically received from the US Consulate in Auckland, and was accepted by the NVC.

Did you receive a reason as to why the document you submitted was rejected?

On 5/25/2020 at 12:41 PM, DSB27 said:

This was the advice that I specifically received from the US Consulate in Auckland, and was accepted by the NVC.

Did you receive a reason as to why the document you submitted was rejected?

Interesting, yea they just said what I uploaded wasn't valid and that I needed to upload a valid Police Certificate. Someone said they just marked the Police Certificate as an unavailable document and in the comment section said that it was sent directly to the embassy. I'm trying that now to see if it works.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.