Syed_Asghar_Raza

CR1/IR1 Help Forum - Pakistan

32 posts in this topic

Hi,

thanks a lot for your detailed post. My timeline has been quite similar to yours until the NVC part. I had to submit my documents twice at the NVC and they finally qualified my documents on Dec-7th. 
i havent received any email thus far. In your timeline you mentioned that the case was transferred to the embassy one week after the email from NVC. What does that mean? Did you get an email from the islamabad embassy that they have received your case? I am asking because I haven’t received any email or notifications thus far. I would be grateful if you could share the information pertaining to the steps ahead

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
10 hours ago, Anitaa said:

Hi,

thanks a lot for your detailed post. My timeline has been quite similar to yours until the NVC part. I had to submit my documents twice at the NVC and they finally qualified my documents on Dec-7th. 
i havent received any email thus far. In your timeline you mentioned that the case was transferred to the embassy one week after the email from NVC. What does that mean? Did you get an email from the islamabad embassy that they have received your case? I am asking because I haven’t received any email or notifications thus far. I would be grateful if you could share the information pertaining to the steps ahead

Hi Anitta,

While at NVC stage, i put up a request for case expedite. When I say my case was transferred to embassy after email, it means that I receive a confirmation email from NVC that my expedite has been approved and they have sent the case to embassy.

I did not get any email from embassy about case received.

In your case NVC will let you know about the interview date and again you wont get any email or letter from embassy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Anitaa said:

How did you request a case expedition? 

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/how-make-expedite-request

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Anitaa said:

How did you request a case expedition? 

3 minutes ago, missileman said:

Expedite request can be sent only for reasons mentioned in above link. 

Once you put up a request, NVC send it to concerned embassy and they have the right to accept or reject it based on the evidence you will send.

Timeline

Here is a visajourney topic that will give you more detail about NVC expedite request.

Above link is for case expedite at USCIS stage

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

Can you give more information about what they asked in the interview?

My spouse (petitioner) has been here in Pak with me for more than 6 months, but she will be returning at the end of this month for the US. I doubt it will cause a domicile issue since i still havent gotten my second submissions approved, but did they ask in the interview about where your spouse is domiciled or anything along those lines?

Timeline
2 hours ago, Hmhm1 said:

Hi, 

Can you give more information about what they asked in the interview?

My spouse (petitioner) has been here in Pak with me for more than 6 months, but she will be returning at the end of this month for the US. I doubt it will cause a domicile issue since i still havent gotten my second submissions approved, but did they ask in the interview about where your spouse is domiciled or anything along those lines?

You can see my embassy review, i have gone in detail about domicile. Yes they did ask about my spouse stay in Pakistan. To which I promptly responded that she is now back in US. Your spouse needs to be in US before your interview and you should have certain things to prove that she is back.

Take a picture of her boarding passes, if she gets a job before your interview take along offer letter or pay stub, passport page copy which shows her exit from pakistan or entry in US. 

Dont lie about anything, tell CO the dates when your spouse was in Pakistan and give the proof that she is back.

14 hours ago, Syed_Asghar_Raza said:

You can see my embassy review, i have gone in detail about domicile. Yes they did ask about my spouse stay in Pakistan. To which I promptly responded that she is now back in US. Your spouse needs to be in US before your interview and you should have certain things to prove that she is back.

Take a picture of her boarding passes, if she gets a job before your interview take along offer letter or pay stub, passport page copy which shows her exit from pakistan or entry in US. 

Dont lie about anything, tell CO the dates when your spouse was in Pakistan and give the proof that she is back.

Oh okay, good to know because initially we hoped to go back to the US together but this process is taking longer than expected and i would hate to have them make something like this an issue. I will check your embassy review. Thank you so much for your help!

Timeline
2 hours ago, stech786 said:

@Syed_Asghar_Raza did you have to register online before the interview? 

birth certificate in English doc, is that any different from what was submitted to NVC? Or is it like that Nikkah Nama in Urdu & separate English translation.

i heard they have Pickup service for passport?

My case was expedited so I had to make the account before the interview and sechdule it my self. In your case, at time of interview they will give you a paper that will have instructions on how to make the online account. For pick up of passport they have started delivery at home which I am not sure is avalible for immigrant visas. If there is you will get an option on where you want to have your passport delivered after making the online account.

There is only one Birth Certificate, that has to be from UC. It has english and urdu both written on it. For Nikkah nama it has to be the original urdu one, UC nikah nama and english translation.

Timeline
On 12/26/2019 at 3:39 PM, Syed_Asghar_Raza said:

Hi All,

I have completed the process on 16th of December, during my journey I have researched a lot about this process and despite the usual mindset that Male Pakistani's get in AP, i was issued a visa with no problems.

So starting this post to help others that are going through this process. Below will be some points that needs to be followed if you ask questions.

1. I only know about CR1/IR1 filing and can help you with questions and the whole process
  2. I have no experience or research about any other visa 
  3. Please fill in your timeline if you want a response as it helps other to see how other fellow country people are doing (As this has been the most frustrating for me while I was in this process that people from Pakistan do not fill their timelines no matter what)
  4. I am only here to help and can guide you through my experience and the knowledge that I have, if you disagree with my comments or want other suggestions you are free to do so but no reply will be given to someone who uses rude language with anyone
  5. Though I have started this post but anyone who has any authentic information is free to answer questions
  6. Last but not the lease, people who are already in AP; there is no time frame as when it will be over all we can do is to follow the instructions and pray for a faster decision

I wish and hope that I am helpful to the community with the best of my knowledge. In case of delayed response I am sorry for that in advance.

Can your share your story?

From PD to interview

Timeline
44 minutes ago, UltraHD said:

Can your share your story?

From PD to interview

Are you currently in AP? And how do you know you are in AP.  Does ceac say AP?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Anitaa said:

Hi,

thanks a lot for the detailed responses to the questions.

Where did you get your medical done?

can you let me know the time for the exam, the number of visits and other details pertaining to the medical exam?

thanks

I am in Lahore, so medical was done at WilCare hospital. You need to go on their website to sechdule the appointment.

It took me 1.5 hours to complete the process. Everything was done in single visit and after 4 days you need to go there to get vaccination record.

It was a straight forward exam. First they take xray, then vision test, urine test and then you get to meet the doctor who will talk to you and will do body inspection. Finally vacination shots.

Cost was around 35,000.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.