Syed_Asghar_Raza

CR1/IR1 Help Forum - Pakistan

32 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi All,

I have completed the process on 16th of December, during my journey I have researched a lot about this process and despite the usual mindset that Male Pakistani's get in AP, i was issued a visa with no problems.

So starting this post to help others that are going through this process. Below will be some points that needs to be followed if you ask questions.

1. I only know about CR1/IR1 filing and can help you with questions and the whole process
  2. I have no experience or research about any other visa 
  3. Please fill in your timeline if you want a response as it helps other to see how other fellow country people are doing (As this has been the most frustrating for me while I was in this process that people from Pakistan do not fill their timelines no matter what)
  4. I am only here to help and can guide you through my experience and the knowledge that I have, if you disagree with my comments or want other suggestions you are free to do so but no reply will be given to someone who uses rude language with anyone
  5. Though I have started this post but anyone who has any authentic information is free to answer questions
  6. Last but not the lease, people who are already in AP; there is no time frame as when it will be over all we can do is to follow the instructions and pray for a faster decision

I wish and hope that I am helpful to the community with the best of my knowledge. In case of delayed response I am sorry for that in advance.

Edited by Syed_Asghar_Raza

Timeline
5 hours ago, Syed_Asghar_Raza said:

Hi All,

I have completed the process on 16th of December, during my journey I have researched a lot about this process and despite the usual mindset that Male Pakistani's get in AP, i was issued a visa with no problems.

So starting this post to help others that are going through this process. Below will be some points that needs to be followed if you ask questions.

1. I only know about CR1/IR1 filing and can help you with questions and the whole process
  3. Please fill in your timeline if you want a response as it helps other to see how other fellow country people are doing (As this has been the most frustrating for me while I was in this process that people from Pakistan do not fill their timelines no matter what)
  4. I am only here to help and can guide you through my experience and the knowledge that I have, if you disagree with my comments or want other suggestions you are free to do so but no reply will be given to someone who uses rude language with anyone
  5. Though I have started this post but anyone who has any authentic information is free to answer questions
  6. Last but not the lease, people who are already in AP; there is no time frame as when it will be over all we can do is to follow the instructions and pray for a faster decision

I wish and hope that I am helpful to the community with the best of my knowledge. In case of delayed response I am sorry for that in advance.

Please apply Number 3 to yourself first i don't see your timeline

Timeline
2 hours ago, CH Saab said:

Apologize.... I had my password reset, account was previously linked to my facebook and I have changed it to gmail.... I had it filled, will update mine again by tomorrow....

Thanks for pointing out.

Timeline
2 hours ago, CH Saab said:

It needed to be linked again, which is done now..... You can now view my timeline....

Timeline

Thanks for your post. Do you know what kind of red flags are there to get AP?  I've heard there are "name hits" that land people on AP.

What about being religious/ having a beard or affiliated with an islamic organization a risk for AP? My husband is all the above. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Meryemabbasi said:

Thanks for your post. Do you know what kind of red flags are there to get AP?  I've heard there are "name hits" that land people on AP.

What about being religious/ having a beard or affiliated with an islamic organization a risk for AP? My husband is all the above. 

Apart from Name hits, other things have not been a cause of AP..... Being affiliated with an islamic organization is fine unless that is not declared as a threat by Pakistan or US...... 

If you have given embassy all the required documents and not giving them any reason, having beard does not affect your case.

Yes Name hits can cause delay at anytime no matter how strong your case is.

On 12/26/2019 at 2:39 AM, Syed_Asghar_Raza said:

Hi All,

Hi congratulations I was wondering did you also have to take irs transcript and w2 the reason I’m asking is cuz I’ve submitted them online I just don’t know if they also need to be taken, I know the original I-864 is needed I will be joining my spouse during his interview 

Edited by Inaaya
Forgot to type

Timeline
15 hours ago, Inaaya said:

Hi congratulations I was wondering did you also have to take irs transcript and w2 the reason I’m asking is cuz I’ve submitted them online I just don’t know if they also need to be taken, I know the original I-864 is needed I will be joining my spouse during his interview 

Hi,

Please take everything that is submitted online, it is always better to have it with you because sometime due to some technical issue they are unable to see the attachments.

As far as my personal experience is concerned, they did not even ask me for I-864. Things collected from me were Original Urdu nikah nama, english translation of Nikkah Nama, union council registration and my orginal birth certificate.

One thing i would like to ask is, you are in Pakistan for less than 6 months?

1 hour ago, Syed_Asghar_Raza said:

Hi,

Please take everything that is submitted online, it is always better to have it with you because sometime due to some technical issue they are unable to see the attachments.

As far as my personal experience is concerned, they did not even ask me for I-864. Things collected from me were Original Urdu nikah nama, english translation of Nikkah Nama, union council registration and my orginal birth certificate.

One thing i would like to ask is, you are in Pakistan for less than 6 months?

Yes I’ll be there for 2 months

Timeline
5 hours ago, Inaaya said:

Yes I’ll be there for 2 months

One suggestion... Take your passport along or a copy of passport page with entry stamp in Pakistan, as some times CO ask for this information to check if you have not stayed outside US for more than 6 months

1 hour ago, Syed_Asghar_Raza said:

One suggestion... Take your passport along or a copy of passport page with entry stamp in Pakistan, as some times CO ask for this information to check if you have not stayed outside US for more than 6 months

Thanks so will I just need my passport to go inside the embassy with my husband ? And also I have a baby as well but I don’t know if they will allow the baby plus it might be more hard 

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Inaaya said:

Thanks so will I just need my passport to go inside the embassy with my husband ? And also I have a baby as well but I don’t know if they will allow the baby plus it might be more hard 

Dont take the baby with u they not gonna allow . 

32 minutes ago, Inaaya said:

And u wont b able to take anything to eat to the embassy either. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Inaaya said:

Yes you will need your passport.... Get a copy of you passport first page or ID card's, as you will need that at shuttle service ticket counter.....

It is suggest not to bring the baby with you to embassy, I think they cannot refuse entry but it will get difficult for you

@innaya if you can please update your timeline as well

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.