Ramona M

I-130 December 2019 Filers

398 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ramona M said:

I found out the next day which service center was handling our case after I submitted my petition online.  Mine went to Texas as well, was hoping for Potomac....

I think the cases are being assigned to the service center based on your residential justriduciton... I was also hoping for Potomac but looking at the statistics Texas is catching up.... :) 

3 hours ago, imijourney said:

When did you find out your case went to Texas Service center? 

Im planning to file online for my mom 

you find out after the submission of i130. your i797c states which service center your case is assigned. 

8 hours ago, Nizza said:

@love_birds we apply thru mailed it says that December 14 to USCIS but until now we don’t have any mail o message receive. Huhu 

mailed package takes anywhere from 5-7 business days to get NOA1..

3 hours ago, imijourney said:

When did you find out your case went to Texas Service center? 

Im planning to file online for my mom 

I applied on Dec 11 in the morning and when I checked in the afternoon. I saw my i797c with the Texas service center address... 

:) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
49 minutes ago, love_birds said:

I applied on Dec 11 in the morning and when I checked in the afternoon. I saw my i797c with the Texas service center address... 

:) 

52 minutes ago, love_birds said:

you find out after the submission of i130. your i797c states which service center your case is assigned. 

52 minutes ago, love_birds said:

I just filed online, i do see the case number but will wait till tomorrow to see where mine is assigned.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
5 hours ago, imijourney said:

can some one tell me what is the next step after NOA1? for parents how long does it usually takes to have visa in hand?

Nothing, you wait for NOA2 which depends on service center how long it will take for that, usually from 8-12 months for NOA2/approval, assuming they don't send you a request for evidence. Then, your case will be sent to NVC (takes around a month to get case number), and once at NVC you'll pay the IV and Affidavit of Support fees, your parent(s) will fill out their DS260, upload all their civil documents, your affidavit of support and all your financial evidence documents (as well as affidavit of support and financial docs of your joint sponsor if you are using one), and submit it. Then, it takes around 4-8 weeks for NVC to review your documents after you submit them. NVC largely depends on how long it takes you to pay fees and upload and submit all of your documents. Assuming they don't send you a request for another document or ask you to replace a document, then you go onto the interview stage. How long it takes to get an interview depends on the embassy. Only if and after they are approved at the embassy will they get their visa. If sent in the mail it may take a week or more to have the visa in hand. Typically the process takes around 12-18 months but it largely depends on which service center you have and how long interview wait is at your embassy

Edited by LilyJ

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Timeline
10 hours ago, Ramona M said:

I found out the next day which service center was handling our case after I submitted my petition online.  Mine went to Texas as well, was hoping for Potomac....

Mine went to Nebraska and current status is showing as 

In Process

Your benefit request has been accepted and is under review.

1 hour ago, LilyJ said:

Nothing, you wait for NOA2 which depends on service center how long it will take for that, usually from 8-12 months for NOA2/approval, assuming they don't send you a request for evidence. Then, your case will be sent to NVC (takes around a month to get case number), and once at NVC you'll pay the IV and Affidavit of Support fees, your parent(s) will fill out their DS260, upload all their civil documents, your affidavit of support and all your financial evidence documents (as well as affidavit of support and financial docs of your joint sponsor if you are using one), and submit it. Then, it takes around 4-8 weeks for NVC to review your documents after you submit them. NVC largely depends on how long it takes you to pay fees and upload and submit all of your documents. Assuming they don't send you a request for another document or ask you to replace a document, then you go onto the interview stage. How long it takes to get an interview depends on the embassy. Only if and after they are approved at the embassy will they get their visa. If sent in the mail it may take a week or more to have the visa in hand. Typically the process takes around 12-18 months but it largely depends on which service center you have and how long interview wait is at your embassy

Thank you for the detail explanation.

2 hours ago, crespo said:

Gentle folks June- july  is the next time you hear from uscis 

That is for Texas Service Center. I also looked at Igor list this morning.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Texas june -july

Potomac April-June

Nebraska September-october

I'm almost certain about these time because I've been through this process before and track all centers 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Persons from Nebraska has the longest wait time so I would recommend doing it right at first because a request for evidence could take you over a year before your able to move to nvc

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
9 hours ago, crespo said:

For those who processed online including my self the wait time may not be some long 

Unfortunately online is just as long as paper filed, they’re all processed in the same order

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Timeline
4 hours ago, LilyJ said:

Unfortunately online is just as long as paper filed, they’re all processed in the same order

we cant tell this for sure until we have some proof. as far as online it just started last month so we do not have any data to predict anything yet.

also Online is faster for sure because you get your case number and service center within a day.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.