ram1009

visa delivery

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Fogi said:

Yes, 3-4 days after issued if when 2GO will contact you, at least that's how it was for us. We had hers sent to MOA. Approved on Thursday morning, issued on Friday morning, ready for pickup the next Wednesday. 

It can be up to 10 days from issued for those "not so close to Manila"  ;)  

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

It can be up to 10 days from issued for those "not so close to Manila"  ;)  

If my fiance had lived outside of Manila I'd put her up at one of them cheap hotels for a week and had the visa delivered to MOA anyway. After petition fee, medical, visa, and flights, what's another $200 for hotel and food to get that visa in hand a little sooner?  She can verify it's correct and then book flight. 

My fiance was in province visiting family, commuted to Manila for the visa, went to CFO same day, then commuted home. She must really love me. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Fogi said:

If my fiance had lived outside of Manila I'd put her up at one of them cheap hotels for a week and had the visa delivered to MOA anyway. After petition fee, medical, visa, and flights, what's another $200 for hotel and food to get that visa in hand a little sooner?  She can verify it's correct and then book flight. 

My fiance was in province visiting family, commuted to Manila for the visa, went to CFO same day, then commuted home. She must really love me. 

My fiance thinks nothing at all of spending 8 hours on a bus just to get into Manila and back (20 miles each way) and still considers the Philippines to be a modern country.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Fogi said:

I'd like to explore Batangas .. not too far south from our home.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

I'd like to explore Batangas .. not too far south from our home.

I've explored Batangas, you're not missing much. Batangas to Manila isn't a heavy lift. I'd do the hotel thing if she was more than a few hour commute away. Our place was in Baccor (sold already), I could recommend exploring SM Molino and various Jollibees 😉

1 hour ago, ram1009 said:

My fiance thinks nothing at all of spending 8 hours on a bus just to get into Manila and back (20 miles each way) and still considers the Philippines to be a modern country.

So four hours drive into Manila?

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

So four hours drive into Manila?

Yes, but she only lives about 25 miles away.  The roads are log jammed 24/7/365.

5 minutes ago, ram1009 said:

Yes, but she only lives about 25 miles away.  The roads are log jammed 24/7/365.

That is why I try to steer clear of Manila as much as possible. It takes less time than that to go from wife's town in the mountains of Compostela Valley in to the heart of Davao

Edited by Cyberfx1024

Timeline
2 hours ago, Fogi said:

I've explored Batangas, you're not missing much. Batangas to Manila isn't a heavy lift. I'd do the hotel thing if she was more than a few hour commute away. Our place was in Baccor (sold already), I could recommend exploring SM Molino and various Jollibees 😉

We have a Jollibee a block from the house, and a McDOs 3 blocks away, along with a Mang Inasal

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
5 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

That is why I try to steer clear of Manila as much as possible. It takes less time than that to go from wife's town in the mountains of Compostela Valley in to the heart of Davao

I agree completely about staying away from Manila but almost everything needing to be done for the K1 is in or near Manila only.  No choice.  The whole process is a can of worms.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Hank_ said:

We have a Jollibee a block from the house, and a McDOs 3 blocks away, along with a Mang Inasal

I think you are just a little off topic.

Timeline

We still do NOT have our visa.  2Go is unresponsive to e-mail and previous phone calls to USEM on different subjects were useless.  Nothing is simple in the Philippines.

Here's the latest wrinkle.  In a phone call we were told that "ISSUED" status does not mean the visa has left the building but rather that it is in the final stages of processing.  We are still waiting for a "RELEASED" status.  Has anyone seen a "RELEASED" status?

Timeline
8 hours ago, ram1009 said:

We still do NOT have our visa.  2Go is unresponsive to e-mail and previous phone calls to USEM on different subjects were useless.  Nothing is simple in the Philippines.

Here's the latest wrinkle.  In a phone call we were told that "ISSUED" status does not mean the visa has left the building but rather that it is in the final stages of processing.  We are still waiting for a "RELEASED" status.  Has anyone seen a "RELEASED" status?

Yes, you said it changed to issued on 12/10. You still have a couple days to go before it will be shipped/ready for pickup (whichever you chose). This is the process. Patience. It sucks, we all know it sucks. This isn't the Philippines, this is the US government. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Fogi said:

Yes, you said it changed to issued on 12/10. You still have a couple days to go before it will be shipped/ready for pickup (whichever you chose). This is the process. Patience. It sucks, we all know it sucks. This isn't the Philippines, this is the US government. 

As you already know .. it can be 2-3 days before "Elvis leaves the building" after issued.

Bet you are wall to wall smiles still now that your wife and son are with ya  ;)  

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
2 hours ago, Fogi said:

Yes, most know the FEDS are paid to drag their feet as much as possible but being located in the Philippines provides even more opportunities.  We did get an e-mail this morning from USEM providing a tracking number and 2Go location where it has been sent.  Unfortunately, that location no longer receives PP and so there will be further delays while it is forwarded to a different 2Go location.  There's just no end to this.  I'm sure the airplane will be delayed for something.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.