5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hello everyone!

1. I mailed my AOS paperwork on 10/05/19

2. I got mail with NOA on 11/01/19 saying they have received my documents, the biometrics fee and they are working on my case

3. I received a RFE on 12/07/19 saying I have a missing Medical Examination (we didn't sent it because I wanted to file my petition before my DOS2019 expired and the lab results were delaying a bit so we thought we will just bring the medicals at the interview date) 

The letter said:

- If i receive a mail with visa interview date, to bring the medicals then, or

- if my case doesn't require me to have an interview, they will send me a letter with instructions when and where to mail my medical examination.

Now the questions here are:

- in this RFE I have only 1 stated issue with my petition - the missing medicals. Does that mean everything else on my application is all good and it's just the medicals? Or should I still worry and hope everything else (sponsors, etc) is all good?

- is it normal to receive RFE before I have even received a date for biometrics?

Thank you so much in advance!!

Hi, where are you filing from? If the only rfe you received only pertains to the missing medical then usually you will be scheduled for your interview soon (or maybe not so soon) but it means they are working in your case and “reminding” you that you need to bring your medical to your interview. Also call uscis tomorrow to check about your biometrics appointment. I filed first week of November and did my biometrics last week. 

8 hours ago, Rbwilson said:

Hello everyone!

1. I mailed my AOS paperwork on 10/05/19

2. I got mail with NOA on 11/01/19 saying they have received my documents, the biometrics fee and they are working on my case

3. I received a RFE on 12/07/19 saying I have a missing Medical Examination (we didn't sent it because I wanted to file my petition before my DOS2019 expired and the lab results were delaying a bit so we thought we will just bring the medicals at the interview date) 

The letter said:

- If i receive a mail with visa interview date, to bring the medicals then, or

- if my case doesn't require me to have an interview, they will send me a letter with instructions when and where to mail my medical examination.

Now the questions here are:

- in this RFE I have only 1 stated issue with my petition - the missing medicals. Does that mean everything else on my application is all good and it's just the medicals? Or should I still worry and hope everything else (sponsors, etc) is all good?

- is it normal to receive RFE before I have even received a date for biometrics?

Thank you so much in advance!!

It means your file is incomplete to move to the next stage. As AOS goes through different steps it’s clean for now 

duh

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
18 hours ago, Islandgirl93 said:

Hi, where are you filing from? If the only rfe you received only pertains to the missing medical then usually you will be scheduled for your interview soon (or maybe not so soon) but it means they are working in your case and “reminding” you that you need to bring your medical to your interview. Also call uscis tomorrow to check about your biometrics appointment. I filed first week of November and did my biometrics last week. 

I'm living in South Carolina and mailed my documents to Chicago, IL. 

I was just hoping if only the missing medicals are listed on the RFE then this means the rest is all good and I'm ready for Biometrics and then visa Interview.

I just haven't gotten my Biometrics and wonder if my petition is on hold until I send my medicals (which was not stated on the letter, only that my case is deficient and I will have to bring my medicals on the day of the visa interview). 

I'm not sure if it's possible to call you for visa interview without having checked your criminal record using the Biometrics beforehand.

Ive been trying to call USCIS all morning hah

2 hours ago, Rbwilson said:

I'm living in South Carolina and mailed my documents to Chicago, IL. 

I was just hoping if only the missing medicals are listed on the RFE then this means the rest is all good and I'm ready for Biometrics and then visa Interview.

I just haven't gotten my Biometrics and wonder if my petition is on hold until I send my medicals (which was not stated on the letter, only that my case is deficient and I will have to bring my medicals on the day of the visa interview). 

I'm not sure if it's possible to call you for visa interview without having checked your criminal record using the Biometrics beforehand.

Ive been trying to call USCIS all morning hah

Yes please call an query and definitely update us. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.