Madufor Uzoma A

does medicals expires after visa is been issued

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cyprus
Timeline

hello pals how are you all doing just want a little advice i did my medicals on the September 2019 and my visa is been issued and i want to be in the US by February 2020, does medical expires i learnt it do expire in 6 months time, if it expires can i still enter the US without any issues ?

The expiration date of your visa is linked to the expiration date of your medical. This means that your medical and visa expire on the same date! So yes, if your medical expires, your visa is also expired and you cannot travel on that visa to the US. But given that the medical was done in September and you want to go to the US in Feburary you should not have a problem. Just look at the expiration date of your visa.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Fenja said:

The expiration date of your visa is linked to the expiration date of your medical. This means that your medical and visa expire on the same date! So yes, if your medical expires, your visa is also expired and you cannot travel on that visa to the US. But given that the medical was done in September and you want to go to the US in Feburary you should not have a problem. Just look at the expiration date of your visa.

oh thanks so much for your quick responds i appreciate alot

*~*~*moved from ”AOS from K visas” to “general immigration discussion”*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

3 hours ago, Madufor Uzoma A said:

hello pals how are you all doing just want a little advice i did my medicals on the September 2019 and my visa is been issued and i want to be in the US by February 2020, does medical expires i learnt it do expire in 6 months time, if it expires can i still enter the US without any issues ?

Exactly as the other person said. Once your medical expire then the visa expires as well. So some people do medical really early and then do the interview at a later date. Then when the visa is issued they might only have 1 month to go to the USA due to waiting so long to do the interview after the medical

Timeline

Thanks

On 12/7/2019 at 9:00 AM, Fenja said:

Thank you Fenja

i got my visa yesterday and will like to go to the States  by February and the expiration date of my visa is on  10th of June hope i got no issues thanks  i need you to reply me thanks once more

18 minutes ago, Madufor Uzoma A said:

Thanks

Thank you Fenja

i got my visa yesterday and will like to go to the States  by February and the expiration date of my visa is on  10th of June hope i got no issues thanks  i need you to reply me thanks once more

No problem! I hope everything goes well for you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.