3,047 posts in this topic

On 1/7/2020 at 11:42 AM, DanyT. said:

Hi All,

These forums have been really helpful and have given me some hope in the middle of this nightmare. Thanks God I realized that there was a light at the end of this path after all the threats and abuse of my wife against me.

I got married on October 2017 and this is my time line so far:

03/08/2018 - I-130 received by uscis (PD)

08/06/2018 - I485, I131, I765 received by uscis

08/13/2018 - Fingerprint fee was received

09/05/2018 - Biometrics done

09/06/2018 - Fingerprint review was completed

At some point here the I-130 was approved.

01/23/2019 -  I765 - I131 Case approved

01/25/2019 - Card is being produced

01/27/2019 - Card was picked up by USPS

01/30/2019 - Card was delivered by USPS

08/08/2019 - I765 - I131 renewal received by uscis

08/09/2019 - Interview Was Scheduled

08/17/2019 - I765 Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken

09/19/2019 - Interview in Hialeah Office (Hard Interview)

11/09/2019 - Decided to not continue with the threats and marriage

11/15/2019 - I360 - I765 - I131 Received by uscis

11/21/2019 - Filled for the divorce (She doesn't want to divorce and she is delaying it until now).

11/27/2019 - I765 Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken

12/16/2019 - I360 Request for additional evidence was sent (Good moral Character)

12/31/2019 - Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received

It seems this will be a long way until i finish this process and I have some questions to you people because you are more experience adn time on it:

- I requested to move the priority date of my I130 to I360, this means they are going to process my I360 faster o the PD is only for the interview for the Green card?.

- There was a work permit and travel document in course since august 2019 because my current work permit finish on january 15th 2020 , if they approve it, can I use it or should I wait to get the work permit sent with the vawa?.

- Because this process takes a lot of time, can I use the travel document i filled before the vawa to go abroad while the case is still in progress or should I stay in the country until is approve?.

Thanks all for your comments,

D.

Hello D, I guess we are kinda similar. Here are my timeline:

07/11/19 Sent the application by mail I-485, I-130, I-864, I-765, I-693

07/15/19 USCIS received my case I-485, I-130, I-765

07/25/19 Receiving I-797C by mail for I-485, I-130, I-765 case

08/03/19 Receiving I-797C by mail for bio-metrics schedule

08/12/19 Walking-in for bio-metrics

08/13/19 USCIS completed the review of my fingerprints for my I-485 and I-765

I WAS LEAVING MY ABUSE HUSBAND

11/26/19 I checked on CASE STATUS ONLINE that on 11/21 my case (I485) is ready to be scheduled for an interview

11/27/19 I sent AR-11, I360, I485, I765, I864W to VSC

11/29/19 USCIS Vermont accepted my package

12/05/19 Interview cancelled for I485

12/05/19 My case (I485) is ready to be scheduled for an interview

12/09/19 New Card is Being Produced (EAD C09)

12/10/19 We approved your I765 (EAD C09)

01/03/20 NoA I360 case was received 

01/03/20 NoA I485 fees were waived

01/06/20 NoA I765 VSC is RETURNING your application because of eligibility category, I made it BLANK, because I was confused that time should I put C09 or C31.

My plan is to resend the I765 form to VSC

23 hours ago, Modu said:

Hello save you self the time , kindly send all the evidence you have in to USCIS gather all and send it no need to wait for RFE... 

Thanks for the update

14 hours ago, sandranj said:

I posted this here MANY TIMES, USCIS is not obligated to issue any RFE,they can deny without asking anything.

Thanks for the response.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Aarontx90 said:

Thank you and even if I receive it, will it be okay to travel abroad?

@Stillwinning!!!😊 my friend is in my.vernon she hasn’t been married for a year yet but been with this guy 2 years now. He is so abusives she has videos pictures police report. He kicked down d doors tear d place apart... is it too early for her to apply to vawa or it has to be 2 years in the marriage? 

19 minutes ago, Gi Gi said:

@Stillwinning!!!😊 my friend is in my.vernon she hasn’t been married for a year yet but been with this guy 2 years now. He is so abusives she has videos pictures police report. He kicked down d doors tear d place apart... is it too early for her to apply to vawa or it has to be 2 years in the marriage? 

VAWA rules do NOT state that you have to be married for a certain number of time to (qualify) or file i360! That said, as long as they are married, even if it's for 24hrs, your friend can file this petition! It is only in the event of divorce..if you have been divorced more than two years before attempting to file the petition..then there is a problem if I recall correctly! Remember I advised to read broadly about VAWA? Not only for your own good but for people you may know as well..there's no challenge/response given/stated here that's not researchable!💁 wishing your friend goodluck with her journey!👍

@Stillwinning!!!😊 @sandranj

hi guys, I'm still waiting on my approval notice for I-360. It's been 7 months since they approved my EAD.😞 ive reached out to the senator's office and they are following up, but still no response.  My question is can i apply for EAD renewal without having a approval notice forbi-360? 

I only filed for I360 since I'm in removal proceeding. 

Thank you for you help

Edited by Iceman1

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

VAWA rules do NOT state that you have to be married for a certain number of time to (qualify) or file i360! That said, as long as they are married, even if it's for 24hrs, your friend can file this petition! It is only in the event of divorce..if you have been divorced more than two years before attempting to file the petition..then there is a problem if I recall correctly! Remember I advised to read broadly about VAWA? Not only for your own good but for people you may know as well..there's no challenge/response given/stated here that's not researchable!💁 wishing your friend goodluck with her journey!👍

Thank u 

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Thank u 

4 hours ago, Iceman1 said:

@Stillwinning!!!😊 @sandranj

hi guys, I'm still waiting on my approval notice for I-360. It's been 7 months since they approved my EAD.😞 ive reached out to the senator's office and they are following up, but still no response.  My question is can i apply for EAD renewal without having a approval notice forbi-360? 

I only filed for I360 since I'm in removal proceeding. 

Thank you for you help

WOW! USCIS is really messy! That's about the longest I've read about..but the thing is, you're approved in their system so it's on record..and as such you're able to file for renewal! Keep putting pressure on your representative I believe they will get result soon! Also when you file for renewal, write a letter informing Vermont that you're yet to receive the approval notice, alongside a copy of your current EAD! Maybe then it will really sink in!💁

Hello everyone .. 

it’s been a while i didn’t open the forum .. 

i am Still in my home country for 2 months i traveled to see my mom because she was really sick .. and i was traveling back to states 2 weeks ago but, Unfortunately my grandmother passed away .. after that my mom’s condition deteriorated and i will stay with her until she gets better .. 

now there is nothing new from USCIS regarding my case .. it’s been 23 months now since i filled i360 .. iam February 2018 filler and i can see June and July approvals ! 
Could my duration of stay affect my case decision !! 
any advices !? 

1 hour ago, Fishy89 said:

Hello everyone .. 

it’s been a while i didn’t open the forum .. 

i am Still in my home country for 2 months i traveled to see my mom because she was really sick .. and i was traveling back to states 2 weeks ago but, Unfortunately my grandmother passed away .. after that my mom’s condition deteriorated and i will stay with her until she gets better .. 

now there is nothing new from USCIS regarding my case .. it’s been 23 months now since i filled i360 .. iam February 2018 filler and i can see June and July approvals ! 
Could my duration of stay affect my case decision !! 
any advices !? 

Oh dear! I'm glad you at least got to see your grandma one last time. I also pray your mum gets well soon! No the duration of your stay doesn't affect your case! But be careful not to out-stay the validity of your AP. My prayer is with you and your family. You will hear some good news real soon.🙏 stay blessed❤

3 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

WOW! USCIS is really messy! That's about the longest I've read about..but the thing is, you're approved in their system so it's on record..and as such you're able to file for renewal! Keep putting pressure on your representative I believe they will get result soon! Also when you file for renewal, write a letter informing Vermont that you're yet to receive the approval notice, alongside a copy of your current EAD! Maybe then it will really sink in!💁

Ya they have responded twice to inquiry but they keep saying we need more time and we will get back soon. 😒

That's a good idea, I can write them letter when applying for EAD renewal. Thank you Soo much😀

15 hours ago, cindy122808 said:

Thank you for this info. Can I also renew my Advance Parole? Also, do you know what form numbers I need to fill out? Sorry I just saw your message I have been working too much.

Thank you!

Yes you can renew your Advance parole, the form is I-131. 

12 hours ago, Aarontx90 said:

Thank you and even if I receive it, will it be okay to travel abroad?

If your advance parole is approve as well is ok to travel abroad, but is advisable to be without any prior criminal record or deportation. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.