3,047 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Makanaki said:

Wow 14 months. I am trying to be patient...guess I have not choice...

Well Mine is different story. My Ex would not give my EAD (she claimed it never arrived) where USPS tracking confirmed it was delivered to mail box! Anyways, I had file a replacement while I was filing for my VAWA. Kind of a mess but I think that's why it took so long. So, I received a brand new EAD C09  that is valid for a full year! And to my luck, exactly right before my job screening is complete! I felt like you, I was panic, confused, uncertain about what might happen if I lose my job or not able to find one. It's so stressful ;(. 

Edited by hopingwgrace

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
19 hours ago, sandranj said:

Submit to Vermont.Don't forget to send a copy of the I-360 approval.

Ok thank you so much for replying

Filed: Other Timeline

Dear community! I am preparing to respond to initial RFE for prima facie. How stringent USCIS is in terms of evidence. My affidavit is quite extensive. What if some documents that are mentioned in the affidavit are not submitted? I have them all but just documents can be a bit confusing as proofs have vague language or are just not straightforward like joint memberships which have several docs and don't clearly say it was a joint membership etc. (though it was). Just want to make sure all I submit is in line with other docs. Please advise.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 minutes ago, cindy122808 said:

Hello everyone, it is already tax season and I started working 3 months ago. Do we need to file in a special category as vawa applicants?

Thank you.

No special category. 

2 hours ago, ponak98 said:

Dear community! I am preparing to respond to initial RFE for prima facie. How stringent USCIS is in terms of evidence. My affidavit is quite extensive. What if some documents that are mentioned in the affidavit are not submitted? I have them all but just documents can be a bit confusing as proofs have vague language or are just not straightforward like joint memberships which have several docs and don't clearly say it was a joint membership etc. (though it was). Just want to make sure all I submit is in line with other docs. Please advise.

What's the contents of the RFE requested. How many papers personal statement did you submit. What do you mean by joint membership 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 minutes ago, cindy122808 said:

Oh, not married filing separately? I am still not divorced?

If you are still legally married then you must file your taxes as "married filing separately"if you are divorced you must file as  "single."

You started working 3 months ago, if you only have one W2 Form for 2019 it's a simple tax form so you can e-file using TurboTax for free.

Edited by John_

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, Bessly said:

What's the contents of the RFE requested. How many papers personal statement did you submit. What do you mean by joint membership 

The prima facie rfe was for good moral character and good faith marriage. My affidavit is like 16 pages. Is everything mentioned in affidavit must be supported by evidence?

1 hour ago, John_ said:

If you are still legally married then you must file your taxes as "married filing separately"if you are divorced you must file as  "single."

You started working 3 months ago, if you only have one W2 Form for 2019 it's a simple tax form so you can e-file using TurboTax for free.

Thank you

4 minutes ago, ponak98 said:

The prima facie rfe was for good moral character and good faith marriage. My affidavit is like 16 pages. Is everything mentioned in affidavit must be supported by evidence?

it could be that the evidence of goof faith marriage was not sufficient, what do you initially sent, you need to sent credible evidence. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.