Jump to content
NGorge

PCC from India when you are no longer residing there.

 Share

9 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Its pretty clear if you look at the reciprocity table...

 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/India.html

Quote

Comments: Police certificates are only available for Indian nationals and non-Indian nationals currently living in India. Indian police certificates are not available for foreign (non-Indian) nationals applying outside India.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you for the response. My spouse is an indian national currently working abroad. 

Is the reciprocity table applicable in this regard as we are applying for an immigrant IR/CR visa? I ask this because it says on the website

"What is Reciprocity?

Nonimmigrant visa applicants from certain countries*/areas of authority may be required to pay a visa issuance fee after their application is approved."

 

I was basing my question on the requirement given on USCIS link

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-5-collect-supporting-documents.html

 

If you are 16 years of age or older, you must submit a photocopy of a police certificate from all countries you have lived in using below criteria:

If you ... AND you... THEN submit a police certificate from...
Are 16 years old or older Lived in your country of nationality for more than 6 months at any time in your life (INDIA) Your country of nationality (INDIA)
Are 16 years old or older Have lived in your country of current residence (if different from nationality) for more than 6 months Your country of current residence
Have ever lived in another country for 12 months or more Were 16 years or older at the time you lived there The country where you used to live.
Were arrested for any reason, regardless of how long you lived in that city or country, and no matter what age you were   The city and/or country where you were arrested.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, NGorge said:

Thank you for the response. My spouse is an indian national currently working abroad. 

Is the reciprocity table applicable in this regard as we are applying for an immigrant IR/CR visa? I ask this because it says on the website

"What is Reciprocity?

Nonimmigrant visa applicants from certain countries*/areas of authority may be required to pay a visa issuance fee after their application is approved."

 

I was basing my question on the requirement given on USCIS link

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-5-collect-supporting-documents.html

 

If you are 16 years of age or older, you must submit a photocopy of a police certificate from all countries you have lived in using below criteria:

If you ... AND you... THEN submit a police certificate from...
Are 16 years old or older Lived in your country of nationality for more than 6 months at any time in your life (INDIA) Your country of nationality (INDIA)
Are 16 years old or older Have lived in your country of current residence (if different from nationality) for more than 6 months Your country of current residence
Have ever lived in another country for 12 months or more Were 16 years or older at the time you lived there The country where you used to live.
Were arrested for any reason, regardless of how long you lived in that city or country, and no matter what age you were   The city and/or country where you were arrested.

Yes generally speaking,  however,  you can not provide what is not available. 

YMMV

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: Timeline
On 12/3/2019 at 12:18 AM, payxibka said:

Yes generally speaking,  however,  you can not provide what is not available. 

But it'a only unavailable to non-Indian nationals living outside India.  Indian nationals (i.e., IndIan passport holders), even those living outside India, will require a police certificate or equivalent.  For those living outside India, it is a statement of no criminal record from the Indian Embassy, Consulate, High Commission, or Deputy High Commission where they reside.

Edited by jan22
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, NGorge said:

@jan22 Appreciate the response. I think i going that route. Applying for PCC in the Indian embassy where the spouse resides. 

Yes the reciprocity table says thays what you should do if she is an Indian passport holder.  If she was not, this form is not available. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/8/2019 at 8:24 PM, NGorge said:

@jan22 Appreciate the response. I think i going that route. Applying for PCC in the Indian embassy where the spouse resides. 

@NGorgeWere you able to get the PCC from Indian embassy and was is accepted when submitted. Is statement of no criminal record different than PCC ? I am not able to reach the Consulate in Toronto to get the statement of no criminal record. BLS on the other hand provides the PCC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...