Imoraji

Help I130a

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello dear VG members. My question is my wife is applying for cr1 visa for me. Does the beneficiary should sign the form I130a even I'm from Ukraine and my wife is in US

Or leave the signature in blank 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Imoraji said:

Hello dear VG members. My question is my wife is applying for cr1 visa for me. Does the beneficiary should sign the form I130a even I'm from Ukraine and my wife is in US

Or leave the signature in blank 

As per the instructions sheet fir the form, the beneficiary’s signature is only required if they are in the US at the time of submission 

What do the instructions say at the top of the I-130A? Please read all instructions before completing the forms. It’s a good habit to get into for this process. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline
1 minute ago, JFH said:

What do the instructions say at the top of the I-130A? Please read all instructions before completing the forms. It’s a good habit to get into for this process. 

One of my friends he lives in Ukraine he got a RFE because he didn't sign the form i130a . That's what confused me 

2 minutes ago, JFH said:

Just now, Imoraji said:

One of my friends he lives in Ukraine he got a RFE because he didn't sign the form i130a . That's what confused me 

Follow the instructions. Don’t listen to “friends”. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

As per the instructions sheet fir the form, the beneficiary’s signature is only required if they are in the US at the time of submission 

My friend got a RFE for not signing the form

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Imoraji said:

My friend got a RFE for not signing the form

You do not need to sign the form. My husband did not sign I130a and many others do not sign the I130a and don't get RFE. The I130 though must be signed by the petitioner

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
On 11/23/2019 at 9:28 AM, JFH said:

Follow the instructions. Don’t listen to “friends”. 

Hello,

I am filling online on behalf for my abroad wife and preparing the form I130A myself, therefore I'm both the interpreter and the preparer. I am using a PDF filler to type in the blocks. Do I have to print, sign then scan and upload the form, or a handwritten e-signature will do it? I'm a little confused about the "sign in ink" mentions on the form and there's not much info about USCIS's policy on e-signatures related to this form.

Thank you

Hi guys, I was wondering if you could help with a few questions. 

My husband and I are both based in Austria (he is a US citizen) and we are trying to file the i130 and i130a application soon. 

Questions: 

1, Do we pay the fee, after they receive the application and then send us the invoice? Or should we pay the fee while we are filing the form?

2, Am I allowed to get tourist visa, while my i130A visa are in the process?

3, Apart from the guidelines on how to file the visa - is it recommended to get an adviser, who will check the documents?

Thanks!  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.