Lnvall

Passport expedite sos

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Im sorry i just noticed here is a "passport" topic so i asked it in a wrong one, so i try to ask here.

My us citizen fiance applied for an expedited passport on november 5, but In a post office, not in a regional passport agency.

We are confused now how long does it take to delivery, because Some sources says the 3 weeks expedite only possible in the regional passport agencies, which is far from him.

the question is: is there any chance he get his passport until About december 10?

he has a booked flight on december 16.

The passport tracking page says "not found"

2 hours ago, Lnvall said:

My us citizen fiance applied for an expedited passport on november 5, but In a post office, not in a regional passport agency.

That's fine. An expedite is an expedite. I think he'll get his passport in time. Sometimes I apply regular processing and it still gets back in 3 weeks

Filed: Timeline
7 hours ago, Lnvall said:

Im sorry i just noticed here is a "passport" topic so i asked it in a wrong one, so i try to ask here.

We are confused now how long does it take to delivery, because Some sources says the 3 weeks expedite only possible in the regional passport agencies, which is far from him.

the question is: is there any chance he get his passport until About december 10?

he has a booked flight on december 16.

The passport tracking page says "not found"

Was there a usps tracking number for your application when you sent it off? I think it's a bit long for your application to not show up online, considering you mailed it out on Nov. 5. I had mine mailed overnight+expedited. I think my applic showed up on the second/third  business day after receipt and received the passport book (by overnight mail) 9 calendar days after mailing my application. I had paid  extra for mailing overnight both times and expedite processing. there was a time that I thought that my passport was lost in the mail so after  that, less commute time the better...

Edited by xyz12345

16 minutes ago, Lnvall said:

Well he called them and they said they lost his application... i cant believe how is it possible?? And he wont get his money back!!

so we wanna use a passport courier agency to make this passport in time, until december 10.

wow, that sucks! Where is his naturalization certificate then? this is not his first US passport, isn't it? i had to send the orig NC for my application.

Edited by xyz12345

Timeline
2 minutes ago, xyz12345 said:

wow, that sucks! Where is his naturalization certificate then? this is not his first US passport, isn't it? i had to send the orig NC for my application.

Its his first

3 minutes ago, xyz12345 said:

He just went in a post office and applied

1 hour ago, Lnvall said:

The courier agency needs a birth certificate which is on its way too, so we dont have it yet.

im totally lost

I'm sure that it will work out for your fiance eventually. So is it still cheaper to go by courier agency than to fly/drive to the nearest Passport Agency?

Timeline
18 minutes ago, xyz12345 said:

I'm sure that it will work out for your fiance eventually. So is it still cheaper to go by courier agency than to fly/drive to the nearest Passport Agency?

Hes from Kansas, there is no agency.

The courier agency we found is 170$ government fee for passport, plus 119$ for the 8-10 business days service.

15 minutes ago, Lnvall said:

Hes from Kansas, there is no agency.

The courier agency we found is 170$ government fee for passport, plus 119$ for the 8-10 business days service.

if it still takes that long, I don't know about you but I would just send the  application myself with next morning delivery (with signature confirmation) and have passport book shipped by overnight delivery again.... or drive/fly to the nearest Passport Agency.  just my 2 cents.

anyways, good luck!

Timeline
13 minutes ago, xyz12345 said:

if it still takes that long, I don't know about you but I would just send the  application myself with next morning delivery (with signature confirmation) and have passport book shipped by overnight delivery again.... or drive/fly to the nearest Passport Agency.  just my 2 cents.

anyways, good luck!

Hes not able to travel there now

5 hours ago, Lnvall said:

Well he called them and they said they lost his application... i cant believe how is it possible?? And he wont get his money back!!

so we wanna use a passport courier agency to make this passport in time, until december 10.

They cashed his check and then lost the application? And won’t refund him? That doesn’t sound right, I would escalate that.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.