O & H

Traveling with Moroccan Fiancee

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone.

I have read that Moroccan law prohibits cohabitation without marriage and hotel owners sometimes ask for a marriage license prior to offering a room. I have read that this law is mostly overlooked for foreigners, but it may be sometimes enforced for Moroccans.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Is the law enforced? Would it be a bad idea to travel in Morocco with one's Moroccan fiancee?

57 minutes ago, O & H said:

Hi everyone.

I have read that Moroccan law prohibits cohabitation without marriage and hotel owners sometimes ask for a marriage license prior to offering a room. I have read that this law is mostly overlooked for foreigners, but it may be sometimes enforced for Moroccans.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Is the law enforced? Would it be a bad idea to travel in Morocco with one's Moroccan fiancee?

I’ve heard if one or both parties are Moroccan than hotel persons will usually as to see marriage certificate.. also heard that cohabitation is frowned on at embassy during k1 interview.. but can’t say from personal experience sorry..

i dont see the issue traveling in marroco if youve applied for k1, no doubt she’s maroccan and can reside with family and you in hotel or under supervision so to speak (by family).. but yeah a guy sleeping under same roof as girl even as roommate appears as frowned on

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
4 hours ago, O & H said:

Hi everyone.

Hotels do encore this and ask for a marriage certificate . Prior to being married we would rent apartments from booking.com or other websites when traveling in other parts of Morocco away from his house. This was never a problem. Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hotels must see the passports of guests and not allow the moroccan to stay in same room

this is the law in morocco

Get 2 rooms or rent an apartment

landlords are also suppose to not allow guest without a marriage license either but some do not ask

i advise travel with other moroccan family members as it looks less conspicuous 

we never traveled alone even after marriage

Sexual relations outside marriage are punishable by law. It’s not uncommon for hotels to ask couples to show evidence of marriage at the time of check-in, and if such evidence is not available, to insist on separate rooms.

there are several forums about this subject on the internet /  just google a question

Under the current Penal Code article, Moroccans can be jailed up to one year for having sexual relations outside marriage

the case i saw was a father saying a man got his daughter pregnant and the man was fined 2000USD and give 3 years in jail

to let you understand this fully there is no court and witnesses / they just arrest and send a man away for his sentence 

Edited by JeanneAdil

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 12:33 AM, O & H said:

Hi everyone.

The old days of adjoining rooms in a motel...... days of yesterday.

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes, if you stay in a hotel, you will be required to show proof you are married.  We stayed in a Riad in Marrakech and showed our marriage license.  With that said, there are some AirBnB or private apartments  that don’t require proof.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We have done all of the above with rooms. Renting an apartment from someone in his hometown, getting 2 hotel rooms (but never using the 2nd), and just getting one hotel room. It totally depends on the hotel if they will let you just purchase one room. I have called some and they have been fine with it. Others will tell you it's not possible.

One of the hotels that was fine with it was the Hotel Sofitel in Casablanca.

Edited by Mezyan

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.