Happy Traveler

I need to do an AOS and have some questions.

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
  1. Is there a place where I can see the correct order of papers I need in order to submit them?
  2. Even though my now wife came into the country with the K1 Visa and we got married before the 90 days we have taken some time to do the next step (20 months). Is that ok? I am a US citizen. Or do I need to fill extra forms?
  3. Once the papers are filled if I understand the correct address to send them is Chicago? [YES] [NO]
  4. I heard somewhere I need to send 3 packages. (i-485-AOS) ( i-765 Employment) (i-131 Travel) is that correct?

Thanks in advance.

23 minutes ago, Happy Traveler said:
  1. Is there a place where I can see the correct order of papers I need in order to submit them?
  2. Even though my now wife came into the country with the K1 Visa and we got married before the 90 days we have taken some time to do the next step (20 months). Is that ok? I am a US citizen. Or do I need to fill extra forms?
  3. Once the papers are filled if I understand the correct address to send them is Chicago? [YES] [NO]
  4. I heard somewhere I need to send 3 packages. (i-485-AOS) ( i-765 Employment) (i-131 Travel) is that correct?

Thanks in advance.

Nothing says you could not wait 20 months, but that was and is risky, it should not have an effect on your AOS, but you never know with USCIS. Go over to the November 2019 AOS thread they have to check list there with everything you need to know plus there are guides here on VJ.

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 hours ago, Happy Traveler said:

Thanks in advance.

1. Sarge posted the link to the November thread. They have a check list of everything you need to submit. The only extra thing you need to submit is a new medical, since it's been more than a year of her medical abroad.

2. She's been out of status since when the i-94 expired, so she can technically be deported if they want to. So file it asap.

3. Yes, everyone needs to send it to Chicago.

4. Correct. EAD and AP are free with AOS.

The good thing about waiting is that now she's gonna receive a 10 years green card instead of the 2 years conditional one.

Edited by Ayrton

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I would suggest that she should be very careful about traveling near or going into airports, bus stations, etc. Since the prez signed an executive order directing CBP officers and ICE agents to "enhance immigration enforcement," those two agencies expending a lot of energy trying to detain illegal, out-of-status, and undocumented illegal aliens. Your wife has been out-of-status for around 17 months. Should she get stopped by CBP or ICE before her AOS is filed and she has in her possession at least her NOA1 I-485 receipt of filing, there is a good chance that she may be detained until she is able to have her hearing before an immigration law judge to explain her immigration circumstances. At this time, it has been estimated that there are over one million active cases in the immigration court system. She should be carrying her valid passport, a copy of her marriage certificate, and a copy of her I-485 NOA1 application receipt notice (when she gets it) to avoid detention issues.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.