fs2439

Translation of birth certificate

7 posts in this topic

Filed: O-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi,

What form of translation did you use? Notarized? Official? Or just a simple translation with the verification of someone who speaks English and the language in which the birth certificate was printed?

Thank you for your input

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
4 minutes ago, fs2439 said:

Hi,

What form of translation did you use? Notarized? Official? Or just a simple translation with the verification of someone who speaks English and the language in which the birth certificate was printed?

Thank you for your input

We used an online translation service.  Uploaded a document and hat it back the same day.  I could have done it but they had nice templates for forms and I got the letter certifying the translation.

It was around $20, price depends on the language and how many speakers they have of that language.

You can do your own, but I was very happy with the service for multiple reasons. Unless you need to watch money closely I would say it’s well spent.   

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

USCIS site says

All documents submitted in support of an application or petition must include complete translation into English. In addition, there must be a certification from the translator indicating that the translation is complete and accurate and attesting to his or her competence as a translator. See 8 CFR 103.2(b)(3) .

Filed: O-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks guys!

7 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

USCIS site says

All documents submitted in support of an application or petition must include complete translation into English. In addition, there must be a certification from the translator indicating that the translation is complete and accurate and attesting to his or her competence as a translator. See 8 CFR 103.2(b)(3) .

So there's no difference between translating the birth certificate and translating the evidence for I140 in terms of what/whose translation is acceptable?

Edited by fs2439

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
15 minutes ago, fs2439 said:

Thanks guys!

So there's no difference between translating the birth certificate and translating the evidence for I140 in terms of what/whose translation is acceptable?

I have read people here translated their own documents and seem to not have trouble.  There is really no nationally recognized translation certification or accreditation like you have for CPA’s or attorneys,  so people can do their own and attest to it.  I would say forms are trickier to format on your own.  Just to make it understandable as to what correspondents to what.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
22 minutes ago, fs2439 said:

Thanks guys!

it says all documents

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.