14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

My fiancee had appointment at embassy in bogota last week. The co said visa is approved but they need my orginal divorce papers. They were submitted. We are in ap now.. Anyone had same experience? How long dies it stay in ap? Passports were kept at embassy. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

There is no set time frame or limit to Administrative Processing (AP). It just takes as long as it takes for them to complete processing of your visa application, including preparation of your POE packet. It is good news that they kept the passport, another step in the AP process is they need to print and apply the visa onto to one of the passport pages, eh?........Patience....

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Where are the divorce papers? You provide copies with the petition but originals are hand-carried to the embassy interview. Did she not have the originals with her? 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline

It may be wise to attempt to get the originals back from the embassy and substituted with good quality copies, if allowed by the embassy. Sometimes it can be very difficult to get original documents from other countries, once you are living in the US. If they won't give you the originals, suggest that you try to get a duplicate set. You never know when you will need to display those documents. Make some good quality copies, and ask them to compare to the originals, They keep the copie, you keep the original.

BTW, those documents will likely go into your file. The sealed envelope that you will receive from the embassy/consulate with the "DO NOT OPEN" statement on it contains all of your USCIS files associated with your visa process. At your US Port of Entry, you surrender the sealed envelope to the CBP officer, it is then forwarded onto USCIS. 

There is USCIS G-884 than can be used to seek the return of original documents. Though, I have yet to hear of anyone successfully using this process.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/g-884.pdf

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by Pitaya

Timeline

Yes she only had copies for interview.  Orginals were submitted through courier 1 week later.. So i have heard that if all went well and visa was approved at the time of interview hen it takes about two weeks for issue of visa. So my quesrion is does submitting documents aftwards delay for the 1 week or longer? 

Timeline
22 hours ago, gbogota said:

So my quesrion is does submitting documents aftwards delay for the 1 week or longer? 

It may indeed. I wouldn't imagine that the embassy staff just sit around and wait for you to submit additional documentation. They likely close your file, and open up the next file and start working on the next file. As previously mentioned, it is a good sign that they kept the passport.   Again......Patience.....

If you want to be productive while you are waiting, you could :time: it is currently vacant. This helps everyone that uses, or is helped by the forum. The stats give VJ data more relevance.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Cuando hice la cita, lo hice en línea. También tuve que esperar para la cita, porque el sitio web decía que no había cita disponible (aproximadamente 3 semanas). Su abogado puede darle la información de inicio de sesión al sitio web: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-co/iv/users/sign_in y puedes buscar por ti mismo. No hablo español, así que usé traductor.

when i made appointment i did it online myself. I also had to wait for appointment, because the website said no appointment was available (about 3 weeks). Your lawyer can give you the login information to the website - https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-co/iv/users/sign_in

and you can look for yourself. i do not speak spanish so i used translator.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2019 at 12:31 PM, Pitaya said:

It may indeed. I wouldn't imagine that the embassy staff just sit around and wait for you to submit additional documentation. They likely close your file, and open up the next file and start working on the next file. As previously mentioned, it is a good sign that they kept the passport.   Again......Patience.....

If you want to be productive while you are waiting, you could :time: it is currently vacant. This helps everyone that uses, or is helped by the forum. The stats give VJ data more relevance.

It should be a rule, everyone must fill out their timeline...

Timeline
On 11/29/2019 at 5:31 AM, Rebek said:

Ok muchas gracias por responder, ese es el problema que tengo, que desde hace tres meses me dice que no hay cita y no me pasa la información de inicio para poder verificar, solo me responde que no hay fechas disponible y creo que ya ha pasado mucho tiempo. 

English in the main forums, please (por favor). Other languages may be used in the regional forums. 

Ok, thank you very much for answering, that is the problem that I have, which for three months tells me that there is no appointment and does not pass me the start information to be able to verify, it only replies that there are no dates available and I think it has already happened long time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.