7 posts in this topic

I have a big problem. Last friday I was too sad and talk emma and request to expedite my EAD. I didnt tell them I have job offer or anything but I said  I need job to help my husband to save for his car and to have ssn(because I include it on i-765 application). So now they email me to fax them for evidence. But I dont have job offer like I told them when I request for it. My husband told me to cancel it. Should I keep goin and cancel it? Im afraid it might affect it more if I cancel it. Its been 3 months since I filed for EAD together with AOS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Don't cancel anything at this point..........if you have evidence of qualification for an expedite, send it.....If not, don't send anything..............Repeat...do not cancel anything......

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

1 hour ago, missileman said:

Don't cancel anything at this point..........if you have evidence of qualification for an expedite, send it.....If not, don't send anything..............Repeat...do not cancel anything......

I really wanted to try my luck. No I dont have any evidence to show. Though we dont have that severe financial trouble right now we still need more income to save for car and have our own apartment. 

2 hours ago, aaron2020 said:

Do not cancel your EAD.

Just don't fax them anything.  

Im not cancelling my EAD just the expedite request. 

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, racg said:

I have a big problem. Last friday I was too sad and talk emma and request to expedite my EAD. I didnt tell them I have job offer or anything but I said  I need job to help my husband to save for his car and to have ssn(because I include it on i-765 application). So now they email me to fax them for evidence. But I dont have job offer like I told them when I request for it. My husband told me to cancel it. Should I keep goin and cancel it? Im afraid it might affect it more if I cancel it. Its been 3 months since I filed for EAD together with AOS

You sound like an adorable woman- chatting with Emma cause you were sad :)  It can be very hard to be in the US waiting on the EAD combo card. But try not to chat with "Emma" any more. I know she is really friendly and always pops up offering help but Emma is an official tool of communication with USCIS and needs to be treated seriously as if you were actually speaking to an Officer. 

You can just ignore the requests for expedite evidence or you can cancel it. You can also submit financial evidence of your bills and expenses and see if even with out a job offer included you can be expedited but it is unlikely. Since its already been 3 months it shouldnt be that much longer. If you are struggling being home with nothing to do look into volunteering in person or there are even online volunteer opportunities. There are many threads on VJ mostly K visa holders struggling with this and lots of tips and advice on how to cope.  

18 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

You sound like an adorable woman- chatting with Emma cause you were sad :)  It can be very hard to be in the US waiting on the EAD combo card. But try not to chat with "Emma" any more. I know she is really friendly and always pops up offering help but Emma is an official tool of communication with USCIS and needs to be treated seriously as if you were actually speaking to an Officer. 

You can just ignore the requests for expedite evidence or you can cancel it. You can also submit financial evidence of your bills and expenses and see if even with out a job offer included you can be expedited but it is unlikely. Since its already been 3 months it shouldnt be that much longer. If you are struggling being home with nothing to do look into volunteering in person or there are even online volunteer opportunities. There are many threads on VJ mostly K visa holders struggling with this and lots of tips and advice on how to cope.  

It is one of those days that i was really sad. I been trying to get involve in volunteering,my problem is i dont have car and no one can bring me to places.public transpo bus stop is miles away.right now im trying  to look for a very early place i can go to since my husband go to work at 5am,the church near in our place opens at 8. that's why im very frustrated. The guy i talk to that time on emma chat is just so nice.😂

2 hours ago, racg said:

It is one of those days that i was really sad. I been trying to get involve in volunteering,my problem is i dont have car and no one can bring me to places.public transpo bus stop is miles away.right now im trying  to look for a very early place i can go to since my husband go to work at 5am,the church near in our place opens at 8. that's why im very frustrated. The guy i talk to that time on emma chat is just so nice.😂

Plenty of free online courses if you would like to improve, or discover, some skills.  You can also volunteer from home, knitting or sewing for your local children hospital, elderly, or veteran organization.  Good luck. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.