Bearsmith

i-134, only been working for 6 months

5 posts in this topic

Hey all, my situation is pretty straightforward but given that this is the last big hurdle I want to make sure things will be ok.

I started working in June. I make significantly more than the required income, but I'm not sure if only being employed for ~6 months will be a problem or not. I have a letter from my employer stating my salary/position/full-time, copies of my paystubs, and bank statements. Just wondering if that will be enough or if I should get a co-sponsor. 

Also a question about the form itself: In the "stocks and bonds" section, do I need to list my 401k?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I assume its the I-134 for the interview.   Well likely ok as you have letter from employer, paystubs, bank account.   Better if you can get IRS transcripts (which you have none) or SS benefits contribution (which you have none).   Anything more would be great.  But you will have some explaining to do - like an affidavit for your fiance to present at interview.

=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

But you will have some explaining to do - like an affidavit for your fiance to present at interview.

What would I want to include in something like this? I graduated from college this year and this is my first job, so there's nothing really to "explain" except for that. I'm thinking the important thing is to show that I'll continue working here, right? I'm not sure exactly how to do that beyond showing I've worked here 6 months already (past the 3 month trial period most companies in my industry have) and saying that this is my dream job so I don't plan on quitting.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am in a similar situation. My fiance makes well over the required income, but his tax return/1040 doesn't reflect that, as we both just graduated spring 2018 and started working full time at that time. I am bringing my fiance's offer letter, pay stubs, bank statements, 401k and roth IRA statements to the interview to be safe. We are going to include the IRA and 401k as stocks and bonds. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Slovakia
Timeline

Just as a note a lot of officers now and even in our case wanted enough to see enough income for the AOS as well. Thankfully we were blessed enough to have it but we still used a co sponsor to just beef up up the affidavit. I would recommend you make sure you have everything documented because this will be just a on the line case, but even for some people they don’t even check the affidavit at the interview. Just really depends on the officer but a written statement along with proof will go a long way 🙂 Cheers! 

16 hours ago, klgck said:

I am in a similar situation. My fiance makes well over the required income, but his tax return/1040 doesn't reflect that, as we both just graduated spring 2018 and started working full time at that time. I am bringing my fiance's offer letter, pay stubs, bank statements, 401k and roth IRA statements to the interview to be safe. We are going to include the IRA and 401k as stocks and bonds. 

21 hours ago, Bearsmith said:

What would I want to include in something like this? I graduated from college this year and this is my first job, so there's nothing really to "explain" except for that. I'm thinking the important thing is to show that I'll continue working here, right? I'm not sure exactly how to do that beyond showing I've worked here 6 months already (past the 3 month trial period most companies in my industry have) and saying that this is my dream job so I don't plan on quitting.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.