Step29

Change Assign Case Number

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Guys, I am CR1 beneficiary currently based in Jeddah Saudi Arabia. Our lawyer indicated Riyadh, Saudi in I-130a but when I received the case number, its assign in Manila.

I want to continue the process here in Saudi because I am currently working here. Can it still be changed from Manila to Saudi?

I want to do the process here since im working here at the moment.

Thank you.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Step29 said:

Hello Guys, I am CR1 beneficiary currently based in Jeddah Saudi Arabia. Our lawyer indicated Riyadh, Saudi in I-130a but when I received the case number, its assign in Manila.

I want to continue the process here in Saudi because I am currently working here. Can it still be changed from Manila to Saudi?

Thank you.

Case file number doesn't get changed, even if you have your case file moved to another embassy.

Did you list your home address in the Philippines?   

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Step29 said:

Thank you.

Is your petition still at NVC?

YMMV

Timeline
1 hour ago, payxibka said:

Is your petition still at NVC?

I think yes because just today I just got the welcome letter. Maybe they can still transfer it to another country? 

Timeline
Just now, Step29 said:

I think yes because just today I just got the welcome letter. Maybe they can still transfer it to another country? 

You will need to inform NVC and provide evidence in support of the change 

YMMV

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

Case file number doesn't get changed, even if you have your case file moved to another embassy.

Did you list your home address in the Philippines?  

Yes, u mean i can still have a chance that my case will be transferred here in Riyadh? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

You will need to inform NVC and provide evidence in support of the change 

Yes. Is it okay if i can request them directly even if i have a lawyer? 

Timeline
Just now, Step29 said:

Yes. Is it okay if i can request them directly even if i have a lawyer? 

I don't see why not 

YMMV

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Step29 said:

Thank you..i hope they can still transfer my case here in Saudi

If you have not started to upload documents you are still a ways away from being document qualified 

YMMV

Timeline
3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

If you have not started to upload documents you are still a ways away from being document qualified 

Yea nothing started yet. I just want to make sure if i can still change it to another embassy abroad. This is only my main concern. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Step29 said:

Yes, u mean i can still have a chance that my case will be transferred here in Riyadh? 

IF your case file gets sent to Manila, there is no issue transferring your case file from Manila to Riyadh .. you must contact the embassy in Riyadh to start the transfer process, the embassy in Riyadh will contact Manila .   

Hopefully you can get NVC to send the case file to Riyadh and avoid the mess

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

IF your case file gets sent to Manila, there is no issue transferring your case file from Manila to Riyadh .. you must contact the embassy in Riyadh to start the transfer process, the embassy in Riyadh will contact Manila .   

Hopefully you can get NVC to send the case file to Riyadh and avoid the mess

Thank you. I will contact nvc tomorrow and ask about this. I am just worried becuase i cannot go easily for vacation in Manila and that is why i want to continue the process here. 

Timeline
Just now, Step29 said:

Thank you. I will contact nvc tomorrow and ask about this. I am just worried becuase i cannot go easily for vacation in Manila and that is why i want to continue the process here. 

It is not difficult to get the case file moved between embassy, happens in Manila from time to time, adds 3-6 weeks of waiting wich suks.

Hopefully you can get NVC to realize you are currently living in Riyadh

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Step29 said:

you do need to get the police reports from the Phillipines along with the saudi one

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.