Lnvall

Receipts - Translate or not, is the format okay?

36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

We have many receipts like these, from both of us from the same place at the same time. I attached here 2 for example.

Are these receipts be good? The blue line is our bank cards last 4 number, so we can attach a picture from our bank card to prove its ours.

Another question: Should i translate these? If yes, the ones with english words on it too? Because the important informations are english like time, card...

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

If it were me, I would just scan these on a sheet of paper with a label below saying whose receipt, date, what and where.  I wouldn’t do a formal translation.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, bakphx1 said:

If it were me, I would just scan these on a sheet of paper with a label below saying whose receipt, date, what and where.  I wouldn’t do a formal translation.

Yes I wanna do the same!

Its already scanned, i made pairs from it (his - mine), and i want to write descriptions to it, like you said.

But some of these not contains english words.

Also, we have a train ticket, with zero english words, but it doesnt contains our bank card numbers, or our names, so i dont know if its worth as an evidence... But we will attach this too.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Lnvall said:

Yes I wanna do the same!

Its already scanned, i made pairs from it (his - mine), and i want to write descriptions to it, like you said.

But some of these not contains english words.

Also, we have a train ticket, with zero english words, but it doesnt contains our bank card numbers, or our names, so i dont know if its worth as an evidence... But we will attach this too.

Since your fiancé doesn't have any passport stamps or boarding passes--which are considered primary evidence--just include whatever evidence that you have that would help show that you were, in fact, together in person. Do remember not to over do it. You still want quality in spite of the quantity.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Lnvall said:

We have many receipts like these, from both of us from the same place at the same time. I attached here 2 for example.

Are these receipts be good? The blue line is our bank cards last 4 number, so we can attach a picture from our bank card to prove its ours.

Another question: Should i translate these? If yes, the ones with english words on it too? Because the important informations are english like time, card...

1.jpg

2.jpg

Can you tie it to your name?  Otherwise it's just a receipt that proves virtually nothing 

YMMV

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Lnvall said:

Then how the others use their restaurant receipts?

Instead of pages and pages of receipts, why not credit card bills? There wouldn't be a need to translate since it's in English... unless it isn't.

I can ask my bank for a statement to it.

That works too, I guess.

Edited by Soon To Be Mrs. T

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Lnvall said:

So im completely lost now, if they ask for receipts what do they want?

They are not actually asking for receipts, per se. They are asking for evidence of in-person meeting, which can be in the form of receipts. However, the photos of the receipts that you posted doesn't show that you were together in person; at least, not outright, because they don't state your names.

Receipts vary from place to place. Where I am, I am able to get what is called an "official receipt". It is different from the receipts that you have which are the common thermal paper/cash register receipts. The official receipts that I'm talking about have the customer's names on them not just their credit/debit card numbers; they are similar to an invoice.

It's okay if you don't have that kind of receipt. You can work with what you have. I, like others here, am just pointing out that your receipts, as they are, can't stand alone. Which is why it would be better if you can tie those receipts to credit card bills or bank statements.

these are receipts. With our bank card number on it.

How would the USCIS know that the card number on it is yours?

i can ask for my bank for a statement, but then why do they need receipts for evidence if its not enough?

Again, it depends on the kind of receipt that you have.

Edited by Soon To Be Mrs. T

Timeline
Just now, Lnvall said:

I can scan our cards with the name and number on it. Its only the last 4 number, but its matching for both of us.

That sounds like a security risk.

What's so bad about credit card bills and bank statements? They have the information that you need: names, dates, places, etc.

Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

A hotel folio is an example of a receipt with your name on it as the guest 

My fiance booked the hotel, so only his name on it. But today I called the hotel for a statement that i was there too, because i had to fill a form too there, but he payed the bills, not me. So im not visible on the hotel receipt, but im in their database as a guest.

Timeline
Just now, Soon To Be Mrs. T said:

That sounds like a security risk.

What's so bad about credit card bills and bank statements? They have the information that you need: names, dates, places, etc.

Its in progress. Mine should be translated, cause my bank cant give it to me in english.

Timeline
Just now, Lnvall said:

Its in progress. Mine should be translated, cause my bank cant give it to me in english.

Then just wait for it...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.