GwenM

K1 Filers —Oct/Nov NOA2 —> NVC and beyond Montreal

263 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Forrest Fire said:

Nice! I'm working until March 13th and planing to move on March 27th. Even though I still have 3 weeks to go, I'm giving it VERY minimal effort! LOL 

Happy Last Day @UP488!!! When are you moving and where are you heading? 

I mentally quit 2 weeks ago after receiving  the P4 and put my focus on travelling for the medical in Vancouver last week and then the interview in Montreal this week. 

I wanted time to tie up loose ends here and pack so the plan is to leave March 5/6. Going to the Bay Area just outside of San Francisco. 

Let me know as soon as your status changes and I’ll do the same. Fingers crossed it’ll be today, otherwise it’s gonna be a long weekend waiting for Monday to come. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Forrest Fire said:

Nice! I'm working until March 13th and planing to move on March 27th. Even though I still have 3 weeks to go, I'm giving it VERY minimal effort! LOL 

Happy Last Day @UP488!!! When are you moving and where are you heading? 

Just checked again and the status has updated to issued. Check yours. 🤞👍

Timeline
3 hours ago, Forrest Fire said:

Mine's issued too!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG, we did it!!!!! 

We did!! I won’t be satisfied until I have it in hand though. Is there any way we can track it for delivery? 

Timeline
On 2/21/2020 at 5:25 PM, UP488 said:

We did!! I won’t be satisfied until I have it in hand though. Is there any way we can track it for delivery? 

I read the email I received when I signed up for the Purolator service and it said they would text the tracking number to my cell phone number. I have yet to receive anything via text or email so I'm hoping I get something today.  What about you? 

Timeline
Just now, Forrest Fire said:

I read the email I received when I signed up for the Purolator service and it said they would text the tracking number to my cell phone number. I have yet to receive anything via text or email so I'm hoping I get something today.  What about you? 

Never mind, I just received an email with my Purolator tracking number and it says I should have it in 1 - 2 days!!!!!!!!! 

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Forrest Fire said:

Never mind, I just received an email with my Purolator tracking number and it says I should have it in 1 - 2 days!!!!!!!!! 

Yes, I read that after about receiving an email with tracking #. Hopefully I’ll get my notification this morning. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, UP488 said:

Yes, I read that after about receiving an email with tracking #. Hopefully I’ll get my notification this morning. 

Did you opt for the $21 Purolator courier service or the free Canada Post service? 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Forrest Fire said:

Did you opt for the $21 Purolator courier service or the free Canada Post service? 

Yup, I did the $21 courier and just got the tracking email. 👍

Timeline
18 hours ago, UP488 said:

Yup, I did the $21 courier and just got the tracking email. 👍

I'm scheduled for an interview soon. How can I opt out for Purolator? I have so many bad experiences with Canada Post that I'd rather pay extra..but I haven't seen that option anywhere

Edited by Gak

Timeline
5 hours ago, Gak said:

I'm scheduled for an interview soon. How can I opt out for Purolator? I have so many bad experiences with Canada Post that I'd rather pay extra..but I haven't seen that option anywhere

The option for premium delivery service is offered after you complete booking your interview. It is a $21 charge to have it shipped with Purolator instead of Canada Post. Although I haven't looked myself, I'm sure you can log in and add it. https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-CA/iv/users/sign_in

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Forrest Fire said:

I received my visa just a few minutes ago!!! What an overwhelming rush of emotions! 

Now you can officially say that this part is finally over. Mine is out for delivery. I have a chair pulled up to the window watching and waiting. I have things to do but I ain’t leaving this house until I have it in hand. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.