Dundle

Visa Bulletin Times Compared To Filing Centre Times

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hey guys! I'm a bit confused on understanding processing times and I would love a bit of help. According to the centre information, the Nebraska estimated wait time is 12 to 15 months and this website estimates that Visas sent in October are currently being processed. Meanwhile, if I look at the current bulletin for I-130 for spouses of citizens under "B.  DATES FOR FILING FAMILY-SPONSORED VISA APPLICATIONS" (available here), the "justifying immediate action" date is the 1st of August 2019. And the Final Action Date is C, where "the “C” listing indicates that the category is current, and that applications may be filed regardless of the applicant’s priority date."

So for both of these, the Visa Bulletin says... "Applicants for immigrant visas who have a priority date earlier than the application date in the chart below may assemble and submit required documents to the Department of State’s National Visa Center, following receipt of notification from the National Visa Center containing detailed instructions."

To me, these suggest different things. How can I be ready to submit required documents if Nebraska is a year behind? My filing / priority date is the 8th of April 2019. Do I believe the Bulletin or the processing estimates? Really lost here.

I appreciate any help you lovely people can give me. Thanks!

P.S. what's up with the spread in processing times? some are a few months, some are well over a year. surely they should be spread out better.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

That's the fallacy of comparing two different departments information.  Eventhough the Department of State says PD is current,  the USCIS is taking a year or more to approve petitions. The DOS worked through the previous backlog and the Uscis is not able to approve them fast enough to refill it

YMMV

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Dundle said:

Applicants for immigrant visas who have a priority date earlier than the application date in the chart below may assemble

The visa bulletin is used for visa categories that are numerically limited (IE only a certain amount per fiscal year can be issued) Seeing as you posted in the spousal visa forum I will assume you are filing a CR1. As this is an immediate relative category there is always a visa available so the priority date, thus filing and final action dates are not applicable.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.