HiSarahJayne

Tips for booking Medical/Interview

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello!

I just wondered if anyone has any tips on how best to book medical/interview to get them one day after another. I know this isn't the best way to go about things, however I live up in Newcastle and don't want to have to do the trip to London twice!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
On 10/30/2019 at 12:49 PM, HiSarahJayne said:

Hello!

I just wondered if anyone has any tips on how best to book medical/interview to get them one day after another. I know this isn't the best way to go about things, however I live up in Newcastle and don't want to have to do the trip to London twice!

Why do you think you'll need more than one appointment?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Kris & Crystal said:

Why do you think you'll need more than one appointment?

I think that they mean to travel to London for the medical then go home, wait for results to be available and then travel all the way back for the interview? I am going to be having the same issue in Canada when it comes to this part for me as well.

Edited by dledingham

Still we rise, here and now

On 10/30/2019 at 8:49 AM, HiSarahJayne said:

Hello!

My husband lived in the NE region, same as you. I personally (even as annoying as it is) would not book something like that one day after another, in fact I'm not even sure it's possible. The medical people need time to review and send the results along to the embassy. Depending on the specifics of the case something could crop up at the medical that would significantly delay it too. Under normal circumstances If the embassy hasn't any results this will delay the case as they won't be ready for you. Please make sure to have your vaccinations done before or during Knightsbridge.

My husband drove all the way to London both times. Yes it required to get up very early but it was cheaper than train tickets.

Edited by yuna628

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Timeline
1 hour ago, yuna628 said:

My husband lived in the NE region, same as you. I personally (even as annoying as it is) would not book something like that one day after another, in fact I'm not even sure it's possible. The medical people need time to review and send the results along to the embassy. Depending on the specifics of the case something could crop up at the medical that would significantly delay it too. Under normal circumstances If the embassy hasn't any results this will delay the case as they won't be ready for you. Please make sure to have your vaccinations done before or during Knightsbridge.

My husband drove all the way to London both times. Yes it required to get up very early but it was cheaper than train tickets.

I’ve scoured online and always thought it is possible to book your medical followed by your interview the following day. It says on the embassy website you can even schedule it after the interview which surprised me! 

I realise it causes delays,  usually around 5 days for Knightsbridge to post it? I’m wondering now how much it would delay me getting my visa by if we do it this way (providing there’s no issues) 

You absolutely can book your medical for one day (let’s say Monday) and your visa interview for the next day (Tuesday).

The impact of this would be that it would take longer for your visa to be issued (as they’ll have to wait for the medical results to be sent over) - but if you’re ok with waiting an extra couple of weeks or so, no problem. Of course, if there’s an issue at the medical, ie, you need to provide some other documents or something, again, this would delay stuff - but once the medical side is all sorted, the info would be sent to the embassy, who would then start reviewing/issuing your visa (it’d have to go through AP before being issued, but all visas do).

Re best way to do it - I would suggest finding a suitable time/date appointment on the visa interview webpage - then give Knightsbridge a call before booking, to confirm they have an appointment free the day before. Then book both.

Timeline
On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 12:40 PM, Zoeeeeeee said:

You absolutely can book your medical for one day (let’s say Monday) and your visa interview for the next day (Tuesday).

The impact of this would be that it would take longer for your visa to be issued (as they’ll have to wait for the medical results to be sent over) - but if you’re ok with waiting an extra couple of weeks or so, no problem. Of course, if there’s an issue at the medical, ie, you need to provide some other documents or something, again, this would delay stuff - but once the medical side is all sorted, the info would be sent to the embassy, who would then start reviewing/issuing your visa (it’d have to go through AP before being issued, but all visas do).

Re best way to do it - I would suggest finding a suitable time/date appointment on the visa interview webpage - then give Knightsbridge a call before booking, to confirm they have an appointment free the day before. Then book both.

Thankyou very much :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.