Velsay

Required Police Certificate

11 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello VJ community,

My wife's petition is at the NVC stage, we've gathered all the required documents over the past few months while waiting fo the welcome letter.

We just took a look at the list of required documents and they're asking for a police certificate from China where she spent about 9 months as a student.

We went over the rules a few times, and it's neither her country of nationality, current residence and she did not live there for 12 months or more so it should not be a required document (and it's a complicated one to get on top of that).

Anybody got any experience with NVC asking for the wrong documents? Should I call them to clear that out?

Thanks a lot!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

@VelsaySame thing happened to us! Husband (applicant) lived in France as a student for 9 months about 8 years ago. We were very surprised to see the requirement for the French police certificate. Please let me know if you call the NVC on your matter and learn anything useful! 

Timeline

2 hours ago, LC2010 said:

@VelsaySame thing happened to us! Husband (applicant) lived in France as a student for 9 months about 8 years ago. We were very surprised to see the requirement for the French police certificate. Please let me know if you call the NVC on your matter and learn anything useful! 

Maybe a new issue then. I will call them tonight to see if they're aware of it at least and how to proceed.

If the call is not useful, I was thinking that, as an alternative, we can upload a statement that explains why that police certificate should not have been requested according to NVC's own rules.

Timeline
On 10/23/2019 at 11:15 AM, LC2010 said:

Hey @LC2010,

My spouse ended up uploading this instead of the certificate and it has just been accepted.

image.thumb.png.95dc7727339268d9fec29667e917f93c.png

Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
15 hours ago, Velsay said:

Hey @LC2010,

My spouse ended up uploading this instead of the certificate and it has just been accepted.

Good luck!

Thank you!! He wound up just paying the 100€ or whatever it was to get the French certificate and have it translated. BUT this is very helpful for people in the future who may be looking for solutions to the problem. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/29/2019 at 6:32 PM, Velsay said:

Hey @LC2010,

Good luck!

Did you sign this letter or did just provide it as a statement without signature. Thank you in advance.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Caresse33 said:

Did you sign this letter or did just provide it as a statement without signature. Thank you in advance.

She just uploaded it as is, no signature.

I'm trying to check it out as it was done over a month and a half ago, but the CEAC website seems broker today.

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Velsay said:

She just uploaded it as is, no signature.

I'm trying to check it out as it was done over a month and a half ago, but the CEAC website seems broken today.

Yep, no signature.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

hi vj community 

I m on 2 nd steep with nvs online.NVC mailed me back need pcc from Egypt and uae I being in egypt from 3/11/2008 till 18/03/2009 like (5.month 18 days) and uae like 8 year. my question is that I was in egypt for entery visa like 30 days but I over staied there. what I should do how I can get my pcc from there now. just i need help if anyone know.

thank Ravi kumar

Timeline

We did not get that extra police certificate and she made the document we uploaded instead. It went fine at the NVC level and at the consulate. She interviewed a couple of weeks ago and they never asked for that document.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.