schatzi_sugoi

How long does it take for USEM to schedule an IV interview?

27 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi All,

Got a message from NVC that I am Documentarily Qualified today! Yay!

How long does it normally take for USEM to schedule IV interviews?

Thanks in Advance!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can't give you an easy answer, many don't complete their timeline, or make comment regarding the wait between DQ/CC and getting their interview notice.   Hopefully some of those that processed an immigrant visa will post to you.

Once your case file is at the embassy, if you want, you can reschedule your interview to an earlier date, info in the link below

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
34 minutes ago, schatzi_sugoi said:

Hi All,

Thanks in Advance!

Your embassy seems to be pretty fast with scheduling interviews.

I don't expect it to take long.

I've seen a couple of profiles with 30 days from CC to interview.

Let's be looking at the 60 days range (give or take).

Here's the CC to interview spreadsheet for you to have a better idea

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xbLl_8yDgHLeDaLnTrPdYc44J0sjPSFfYCKxlKx6uTY/edit#gid=0

20 hours ago, schatzi_sugoi said:

Hi All,

Thanks in Advance!

Once you do get a date. Ask for an earlier appointment they have plenty available. They usually schedule for the following month.  Just in case you want to make it happen earlier. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Timeline

Thanks, everyone!

Still waiting for an interview date. It's making me extremely anxious. I just wanted to give more info on the what the status is.

1. Status is still at NVC

2. I have two emails. One to say that the case is updated. And another that says I am Documentarily Qualified and I just have to wait for an interview date.

3. Document Upload Status for myself and principal sponsor is completed/accepted.

4. For the two household members, it is Incomplete, missing Proof of Domicile. We called NVC and they said we don't need to upload it anymore and I just need to bring it to the interview. My mom will send a scan of my brothers' DLs as Proof of Domicile.

5. During the call with NVC, my mom asked if they knew the lead time to the interview being scheduled. NVC could not give an exact timeframe but they said for F2B, they are currently scheduling for August 2008 Priority Dates (mine is in October).

So that's all I know. Is this normal?

I'm a bit curios about #5 though... I thought they would be scheduling on a first come first serve basis based on DQ date and not on Priority Date. Is this correct?

Thanks again. I'm trying not to let the anxiety get to me so it helps if I get some reassurance that nothing is out of the ordinary.

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, schatzi_sugoi said:

Thanks, everyone!

Still waiting for an interview date. It's making me extremely anxious. I just wanted to give more info on the what the status is.

1. Status is still at NVC

2. I have two emails. One to say that the case is updated. And another that says I am Documentarily Qualified and I just have to wait for an interview date.

3. Document Upload Status for myself and principal sponsor is completed/accepted.

4. For the two household members, it is Incomplete, missing Proof of Domicile. We called NVC and they said we don't need to upload it anymore and I just need to bring it to the interview. My mom will send a scan of my brothers' DLs as Proof of Domicile.

5. During the call with NVC, my mom asked if they knew the lead time to the interview being scheduled. NVC could not give an exact timeframe but they said for F2B, they are currently scheduling for August 2008 Priority Dates (mine is in October).

So that's all I know. Is this normal?

I'm a bit curios about #5 though... I thought they would be scheduling on a first come first serve basis based on DQ date and not on Priority Date. Is this correct?

Thanks again. I'm trying not to let the anxiety get to me so it helps if I get some reassurance that nothing is out of the ordinary.

Hi, we have the  same situation here. We got our DQ notice last Oct 4 (After we received notice of completed and accepted Documents from NVC since July 15, 2019 without DQ email) and when I called NVC they said our DQ status started Oct 7 :D - Isn't it hilarious ? And our Priority date is March 1997. And yes the scheduling of Interview  is supposed to be first IN - DQ - First out - for interview.  Customer service in NVC have the different answers to our questions. And they are very irritated to answer  inquiries  related to interview time frame from the time of DQ :D

I am also very stress, anxious and most of the time can't sleep in the night due to what is going on with the Interview Schedule  but I think what we can do now is to pray and wait.. Trust God, have faith :D 

All the best and please keep us posted.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Patience ...   

Calling and worrying about "when" won't change things.

Nice thing is once your case file is at the embassy, if you want to choose an earlier interview date and one is available you can do so.

Earlier Appointment Scheduling
If you case file is already at USEM, you could schedule an earlier interview appointment.

"Immigrant Visa applicants who already have an interview appointment scheduled by the National Visa Center (NVC) should refrain from scheduling an earlier appointment through the Visa Information and Appointment Service Center without first checking to make sure Embassy Manila has the physical case file.  While we are happy to accommodate earlier appointments, we are only able to do so when we have already received the physical case file from the NVC. When the physical case file is either still with the NVC or in transit to Embassy Manila, we are unable to grant earlier appointment dates. This is because we need the physical case file to conduct an effective visa interview."

Scheduling the Interview:

By Calling (632) 548-8223, (632) 792-8988.  This service is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., except on Philippine and U.S. holidays. Callers may speak with an English-, Tagalog-, Ilocano-, or Cebuano-speaking operator.

Applicants, agents or petitioners calling from the United States may also use this service by calling (703) 520-2235.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Patience ...   

Calling and worrying about "when" won't change things.

Nice thing is once your case file is at the embassy, if you want to choose an earlier interview date and one is available you can do so.

Earlier Appointment Scheduling
If you case file is already at USEM, you could schedule an earlier interview appointment.

"Immigrant Visa applicants who already have an interview appointment scheduled by the National Visa Center (NVC) should refrain from scheduling an earlier appointment through the Visa Information and Appointment Service Center without first checking to make sure Embassy Manila has the physical case file.  While we are happy to accommodate earlier appointments, we are only able to do so when we have already received the physical case file from the NVC. When the physical case file is either still with the NVC or in transit to Embassy Manila, we are unable to grant earlier appointment dates. This is because we need the physical case file to conduct an effective visa interview."

Scheduling the Interview:

By Calling (632) 548-8223, (632) 792-8988.  This service is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., except on Philippine and U.S. holidays. Callers may speak with an English-, Tagalog-, Ilocano-, or Cebuano-speaking operator.

Applicants, agents or petitioners calling from the United States may also use this service by calling (703) 520-2235.

Hi Hank, I agree with you .. thank you so much for always helping us. Big hug! 

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Got my interview letter today! Interview on December 17th. I won't get it re-scheduled anymore because it actually fits my work schedule a lot better. I'm going for my medical at SLEC next week.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Thanks, Hank! Already registered. I'm having my medical next week. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ricachet said:

How long did you wait for your DQ? Because Its been 5weeks now for me. 

Takes about 6 weeks for NVC to review the documents but I think they’re pretty backlogged currently.

If you check here, you can see they’re still reviewing documents submitted on October 11. What date did you submit all the documents?

7 hours ago, schatzi_sugoi said:

Takes about 6 weeks for NVC to review the documents but I think they’re pretty backlogged currently.

If you check here, you can see they’re still reviewing documents submitted on October 11. What date did you submit all the documents?

Thanks for the reply. Oct 29, but i’ve seen many post who were DQ only for couple of days. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.