18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hello guys, i get notification through case tracker application if uscis sent requests for indentical evidence for my AOS process. I want to know how long usually does it takes to receive the request via mail? Coz it’s been almost week and I don’t receive it yet.

Thank You 😊 

52 minutes ago, Tia Stephanie said:

Hello guys, i get notification through case tracker application if uscis sent requests for indentical evidence for my AOS process. I want to know how long usually does it takes to receive the request via mail? Coz it’s been almost week and I don’t receive it yet.

Thank You 😊 

Hi, our timeline is almost the same. Just curious you haven’t received NOA1 but from tracker is expecting RFIE?

Timeline
1 minute ago, mepck said:

Hi, our timeline is almost the same. Just curious you haven’t received NOA1 but from tracker is expecting RFIE?

I’ve received my NOA 1 on August 19th (mail and case tracker) and months later get update if uscis requests for RFE. But not receive the mail until now

Just now, Tia Stephanie said:

I’ve received my NOA 1 on August 19th (mail and case tracker) and months later get update if uscis requests for RFE. But not receive the mail until now

Okay, thought no NOA yet because your timeline not updated. Have you done biometric too? 

the current trend is USCIS RFE for birth certificate which normally they already sent it. 

hopefully yours will be an easy fix. Normally 1-2 weeks you should receive via mail. 

Timeline

Okay, thought no NOA yet because your timeline not updated. Have you done biometric too? 

the current trend is USCIS RFE for birth certificate which normally they already sent it. 

hopefully yours will be an easy fix. Normally 1-2 weeks you should receive via mail. 

Ah yah.. I haven’t update my timeline yet.. 

yes, i had biometric on September 18th.

oh true i read about that too, uscis request for birth certificate even they sent it already..

Hopefully mine is easy tho.

Thank you for ur response :)

Just now, Tia Stephanie said:

Ah yah.. I haven’t update my timeline yet.. 

yes, i had biometric on September 18th.

oh true i read about that too, uscis request for birth certificate even they sent it already..

Hopefully mine is easy tho.

Thank you for ur response :)

We had exactly the same biometric date! Hopefully I will hear something too. (Fingers crossed no RFE haha)

Hope you will receive the RFE mail soon so you can fix it sooner.

Cheers

Timeline

We had exactly the same biometric date! Hopefully I will hear something too. (Fingers crossed no RFE haha)

Hope you will receive the RFE mail soon so you can fix it sooner.

Cheers

God willing 🙏🏻

And good luck for u too.. Cheers!

I dont want to make you feel uneasy but my application was denied because I got the RFE three days before the due to send out documents.

I am reapplying soon with another fee, for my son $2,500!

Now USCIS is messy because of high volume.

Even if you got RFE letter the right before the due, you should send out ASAP and the due should be 87days, 90days at thte most.
My time line still shows "your documents had received " even though it was denied in February. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Minori said:

I dont want to make you feel uneasy but my application was denied because I got the RFE three days before the due to send out documents.

I am reapplying soon with another fee, for my son $2,500!

Now USCIS is messy because of high volume.

Even if you got RFE letter the right before the due, you should send out ASAP and the due should be 87days, 90days at thte most.
My time line still shows "your documents had received " even though it was denied in February. 

Oh my that’s bad.. did u track ur case and request copy for RFE when u don’t get it??

Based on my case tracker if I don’t get my mail from uscis about my RFE by October 26th, i can contact them to ask for copy.

But yeah they’re overload these days.. their timeline getting ridiculous long 😢 and sometimes not too update and make us hard to keep in track..

4 minutes ago, Tia Stephanie said:

Oh my that’s bad.. did u track ur case and request copy for RFE when u don’t get it??

Based on my case tracker if I don’t get my mail from uscis about my RFE by October 26th, i can contact them to ask for copy.

But yeah they’re overload these days.. their timeline getting ridiculous long 😢 and sometimes not too update and make us hard to keep in track..

Yes, last Christmas I noticed RFE was issued in November, then called them to request to resend them we got the letter in January, and I counted The due “87days”... it was like three more days. We didn’t know what we should have corrected paper until got the letter... 

And, I knew the denial in August, even it was in February. No status changed, called every day midnight here, every person said different “ still processing “ “ all denied”! 
Tier2 said their system is confusing right now. He couldn’t see my denial on his system. 

so I want everyone to check and make sure your case status. And no trust them.! 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Minori said:

Yes, last Christmas I noticed RFE was issued in November, then called them to request to resend them we got the letter in January, and I counted The due “87days”... it was like three more days. We didn’t know what we should have corrected paper until got the letter... 

And, I knew the denial in August, even it was in February. No status changed, called every day midnight here, every person said different “ still processing “ “ all denied”! 
Tier2 said their system is confusing right now. He couldn’t see my denial on his system. 

so I want everyone to check and make sure your case status. And no trust them.! 

Wah such a mess! Really2 need to follow up all the time..

God willing i will get my RFE soon and process it well 😣🙏🏻

Good luck for u! Hope this time ur petition will work well 👍🏻

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from K1 Progress Reports to Adjustment of Status from K Visas Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

We got our RFE letter in about four days.  They tend to ask for redundant and obvious information unless you neglect to include it in your initial package.  For example, they asked about my wife’s two year residency requirement, but they already had copies of her two visas stating she wasn’t subject to it..so we just sent that again along with a DS-2019. We responded immediately and they posted that the RFE Response was “received” and now the case is back to processing.

They acknowledged receiving the RFE on Oct 5th so this will be the third week since the update. Hoping things move forward.

Timeline
7 hours ago, DWolf said:

We got our RFE letter in about four days.  They tend to ask for redundant and obvious information unless you neglect to include it in your initial package.  For example, they asked about my wife’s two year residency requirement, but they already had copies of her two visas stating she wasn’t subject to it..so we just sent that again along with a DS-2019. We responded immediately and they posted that the RFE Response was “received” and now the case is back to processing.

They acknowledged receiving the RFE on Oct 5th so this will be the third week since the update. Hoping things move forward.

I finally received my RFE last Thursday and yeah as the common issue these days,they asked me to send my translate birth certificate which i have sent before.. I end up translate it again through immi translate, maybe the first isn’t good even though i used it before when applied for K1 visa..

Hopefully this time they okay with it and my case can move forward as well 👍🏻

• 1 year later...
On 10/21/2019 at 8:42 AM, Tia Stephanie said:

I finally received my RFE last Thursday and yeah as the common issue these days,they asked me to send my translate birth certificate which i have sent before.. I end up translate it again through immi translate, maybe the first isn’t good even though i used it before when applied for K1 visa..

Hopefully this time they okay with it and my case can move forward as well 👍🏻

Hello ! Was your bith certificate translation accepted?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.