rainingsilver64

I-485, I-765, and Other questions

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

My husband and I are working on filling out the I-485 for him, and we had a couple questions on how to fill out the form/where to find the information.  We are also referencing the example forms on VisaJourney for help, but need some more guidance.

• Is his A-number on his K1 visa?  I see a number as "A### ### ###" on his visa.  It has spaces though, so we weren't sure if this was the right one.
  • Is his USCIS Online Account Number the WAC# on his visa?
  • Under "Recent Immigration History", it asks for Passport Number Used at Last Arrival and Travel Document Number used at last arrival.  The example form leaves this blank, rather than using the visa information.  Is this correct?
  • I saw another thread talking about filling out Part 2 Questions 3-4 or not, using the information from the I-129f, while the example leaves this blank.  Which is right?

For the I-765, it looks like VisaJourney has an older form example.  Are there any updated examples available?  And for questions 13-15...we're planning to go to an SSA office next week to submit the paperwork for a social security card.  Since we're working on the AOS and EAD paperwork at the same time, and I'm guessing his social security card won't arrive before we mail these off, would no for 13a, yes for 14, and yes for 15 be correct?

I know if we file these two forms together, we only have to pay the fee for the I-485, right?  Would we just mail these together in one big envelope?  Also, do we need to send the I-864, G-1145, I-131, and/or any other forms?

Sorry for all the questions and thank you!

Your best bet is to join the current month's filers thread (ie. October 2019 AOS Filers). 

Ppl will be filing or have filed just recently and can help you with specific questions for the forms and will have updated info that isnt contained in the guides.

Most questions about forms will be answered already if you scroll through and if not, youll have an active source of your peers with recent memory of what they did. 

AND you can follow along with each other through the process too!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, rainingsilver64 said:

My husband and I are working on filling out the I-485 for him, and we had a couple questions on how to fill out the form/where to find the information.  We are also referencing the example forms on VisaJourney for help, but need some more guidance.

• Is his A-number on his K1 visa?  I see a number as "A### ### ###" on his visa.  It has spaces though, so we weren't sure if this was the right one.
  • Is his USCIS Online Account Number the WAC# on his visa?
  • Under "Recent Immigration History", it asks for Passport Number Used at Last Arrival and Travel Document Number used at last arrival.  The example form leaves this blank, rather than using the visa information.  Is this correct?
  • I saw another thread talking about filling out Part 2 Questions 3-4 or not, using the information from the I-129f, while the example leaves this blank.  Which is right?

For the I-765, it looks like VisaJourney has an older form example.  Are there any updated examples available?  And for questions 13-15...we're planning to go to an SSA office next week to submit the paperwork for a social security card.  Since we're working on the AOS and EAD paperwork at the same time, and I'm guessing his social security card won't arrive before we mail these off, would no for 13a, yes for 14, and yes for 15 be correct?

I know if we file these two forms together, we only have to pay the fee for the I-485, right?  Would we just mail these together in one big envelope?  Also, do we need to send the I-864, G-1145, I-131, and/or any other forms?

Sorry for all the questions and thank you!

• A-number is on his NOA2 from I-129f. Sometimes officers at POE write down A-number near K-1 visa, however it makes sense to check on NOA2 anyway. It's just above name of beneficiary and obviously starts with A.
  • Not everybody has USCIS account number and no, it is not the WAC number (which is a receipt number).
  • Did he use his passport or something else? For example I have only passport, so I wrote number of the passport I used and wrote N/A under Travel Document Number Used at Last Arrival.
  • If you're talking about "Receipt number of underlying petition" and "Priority date of underlying petition" then yes, use the information from your NOA from I-129f.

Sorry, I am not sure about your SSN question, you should check the threads as it was stated above :) You're definitely not the only one with this issue. And filers share their cover letters there, which definitely can help you to gather everything!

If you file I-131 and I-765 together with I-485, you do not have to pay any extra. You can check filling fee on USCIS website https://www.uscis.gov/i-485. And yes, you can send them all together in a big envelope. We divided each form with paper clips. There are also some tips right here https://www.uscis.gov/forms-filing-tips. 

You must to send I-864 with your I-485, please read the instruction of I-485. Form G-1145 is not required as I know, however it is just one page which can allow you to receive notifications when USCIS accepts your form. Form I-131 isn't required however strongly recommended. You never know whether you will need Advance Parole, so it is better to send this form as well (and again, if you send it with I-485, you do not have to pay the fee).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.