Darren & Anne

Putting N/A if a question doesn't apply to you

9 posts in this topic

I am filling out form i-751, and the instructions are to put N/A if a question doesn't apply to you. for those who have filled out this form and successfully removed conditions, is this really necessary for every line of every question? Thank you in advance for all of your help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
17 hours ago, Darren & Anne said:

I am filling out form i-751, and the instructions are to put N/A if a question doesn't apply to you. for those who have filled out this form and successfully removed conditions, is this really necessary for every line of every question? Thank you in advance for all of your help.

So for an example on the first page---

Other names used

There are 6 boxes to fill out, but you have no other names

How about putting N/A In the first box to let them know you read the question, then leave 5 blank. 

I hope it’s not bad if I didn’t put N/A anywhere. I’ve never done that before and the form example here on VJ didn’t do that either 🙄 I probably should’ve read the instructions. 

4 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

☝️That is the essential thing too many people fail to do. 

I used the example on VJ and there it isn’t done and I haven’t done it on any of the past forms and it was fine, so I’m still hoping. 

7 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

So for an example on the first page---

Other names used

There are 6 boxes to fill out, but you have no other names

How about putting N/A In the first box to let them know you read the question, then leave 5 blank. 

Thank you for the suggestion. I ended up putting N/A in every box that didn't apply to our situation. 😎

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
9 hours ago, Californiansunset said:

I used the example on VJ and there it isn’t done and I haven’t done it on any of the past forms and it was fine, so I’m still hoping. 

My statement about reading instructions was just a general one applying to everything immigration. Many people fail to do that and miss things.  I don't think lack of N/A will hurt you. 

As stated, if you put n/a in a first block and the 2nd block relates to the first you can leave the 2nd blank. 

If yoi put none in the first block then n/a would be appropriate. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.