Mattie0212

Trouble filling out the DS-160

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi folks!! 

Has as anyone been having trouble filling out the dams-160??

ive spent the better part of an hour and a half trying to fill out my travel history and it keeps “losing” connection. I’ve tried like 6 times already. It keeps just timing out and I have to start over... any way to rectify this??

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Best suggestion I have is save during the process, then log back in

I have tried... several times and it makes me start over!! I’m absolutely livid!! 😡 I tried so many times I’ve lost count 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Mattie0212 said:

I have tried... several times and it makes me start over!! I’m absolutely livid!! 😡 I tried so many times I’ve lost count 

I’ve tried on my phone and 3 different web browsers... I’m just at a loss!!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Mattie0212 said:

When you save, do you save to your computer?

 TIP: To avoid losing the data, we recommend that you save your application after completing each section of the DS-160. To do so, click “Save” button on the red toolbar at the bottom of the screen, then select either “Save Application to File” or “Continue Application” on the Save Confirmation page. If you choose “Save Application to File,” you will need to save your application to your computer and/or media storage device

https://th.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/90/2016/04/ds_160_step_by_step_guide.pdf

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

It’s true, their online visa application is a nightmare. I spent 8 bloody hours doing it, on three different computers in two different locations. What finally worked for me was a public library with a high speed Internet, that I prepared “long pages” in advance (wrote the info on paper first to quickly enter the data on the computer) and that I clicked SAVE after each page done. 

Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

so I managed to finish it finally, if it can help anyone , on the travel history page I just entered one trip and filled up the rest of the page, saved the page, then went back on it and added on trip at a time, save, enter another one, save etc.. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Question.. slightly off topic... 

Can you book your interview date, even if you haven’t fully completed the Visa application?

Im almost done, I just want to see what dates are currently available. 

TIA :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
17 hours ago, Mattie0212 said:

Question.. slightly off topic... 

Can you book your interview date, even if you haven’t fully completed the Visa application?

Im almost done, I just want to see what dates are currently available. 

TIA :)

I tried to but in order to book an appointment it asks to create a profile with the DS160 confirmation number (at least for my embassy) so I can't see the date and book until I submit the DS160 :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Yes but before you book the date, you need update profile with the AA number.  Bug in system does not allow K-1 applicant to update profile with AA number.  You need apply as F-1 , then update profile THEN before you choose a date as F-1, start a new K-1 ... now your profile has the new AA number.

=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.