Jump to content

7 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Just a quick question,

We've recently received our NOA2 and I'm beginning collating documents. We are planning on using my fiancé's parents as a cosponsor.

I was just wanting to confirm whether my fiancé will have to complete the form specifying his income/collect relevant docs, and then his mother/father would do the same and this would add up to the total of the 125%? Am I right in understanding this is how it works (both complete forms and both incomes are totalled).

Thankyou :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HiSarahJayne said:

Just a quick question,

We've recently received our NOA2 and I'm beginning collating documents. We are planning on using my fiancé's parents as a cosponsor.

I was just wanting to confirm whether my fiancé will have to complete the form specifying his income/collect relevant docs, and then his mother/father would do the same and this would add up to the total of the 125%? Am I right in understanding this is how it works (both complete forms and both incomes are totalled).

Thankyou :)

No, the co sponsor would have to meet 125% on their own. And would need to add you as part of household in the calculations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Russ&MaryAnn said:

No, the co sponsor would have to meet 125% on their own. And would need to add you as part of household in the calculations

And if the household is including myself, my fiancé, his mother and father and brother, all of which are over 21, working and independant, what amount would we be looking at or would it just remain the minimum? Also, would it just be his mother or father that fills the form (one or the other) and the income is based solely off their own individual wage as opposed to combined?

Edited by HiSarahJayne
missing items

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, HiSarahJayne said:

And if the household is including myself, my fiancé, his mother and father and brother, all of which are over 21, working and independant, what amount would we be looking at or would it just remain the minimum? Also, would it just be his mother or father that fills the form (one or the other) and the income is based solely off their own individual wage as opposed to combined?

Oh if you’re all residing in the same house then I believe you can combine income and count each person living there. I’m don’t know if they could be a co sponsor in this situation. I’m sure others more knowledgeable will answer your question better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2019 at 6:13 AM, Russ&MaryAnn said:

Oh if you’re all residing in the same house then I believe you can combine income and count each person living there. I’m don’t know if they could be a co sponsor in this situation. I’m sure others more knowledgeable will answer your question better.

I think they would be considered "joint" sponsor, there's co-sponsor's that make the income requirements on their own and then joint sponsor that includes their income with yours. I'm just not sure if you can have a joint sponsor at the K-1 process or if it's only at AOS time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All of this speculation is coming from the rules of the I-864 Affidavit of Support, which spouse visas require and which K1s submit when they apply for their greencard. (Adjustment of Status). By the rules of that, two related people who live in the same house can pool their income into "household income" to qualify. The K1s new spouse does the I-864 and another relative in the home does an I-864A.

 

For K1 visa and I-134, there is no prevision written into the law that describes sharing the duty and pooling incomes.. In London they have generally wanted one sponsor who makes enough on their own. It does not have to be the fiancé.  The law states the officer has to be convinced the immigrant will not become a public charge. So convince him. Maybe they will let two people who don't qualify alone join up. And maybe they will just see it as two poor people trying to take on a third and be concerned. There are no hard fast rules for the I-134.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2019 at 1:50 AM, HiSarahJayne said:

Just a quick question,

We've recently received our NOA2 and I'm beginning collating documents. We are planning on using my fiancé's parents as a cosponsor.

I was just wanting to confirm whether my fiancé will have to complete the form specifying his income/collect relevant docs, and then his mother/father would do the same and this would add up to the total of the 125%? Am I right in understanding this is how it works (both complete forms and both incomes are totalled).

Thankyou :)

K1 - The petition is required to file an I-134. 100% of FPL in I-864P.   If the petitioner does not meet that, then an additional party can CO Sponsor and has to meet the same guidelines with the beneficiary added.

 

For AOS, the percentage is 125% and additional family members can be added with the I-864A.  

 

There are consulates that don't normally even look at the I-134s.  I presume you are not at one of those.


March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...