Beddy2015

N400 October 2019 Filers!

1,174 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, Randy2020 said:

Good afternoon everyone,

i have few question regarding my application i had case with social service regarding my kid but its close now and they put my name on child abuse directory .will this effect my application dont have any aresset or any police report. i did not mention that in my application because it was not federal law i guess. can someone suggest if this needs to be me mentioned in my application ?

This sounds like a complicated issue that might require you to get a professional opinion from a good attorney on how to proceed. As a last resort, information in N400 application  may be updated at the time of interview so you definitely want to get an attorney's opinion on how to proceed from here.

13 hours ago, Fahad86 said:

IF  i were you i would not even mention it to the officer but that is me

Please understand that this forum does not encourage fraud of any kind. Thank you. 

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Timeline
1 minute ago, Amadia said:

Please understand that this forum does not encourage fraud of any kind. Thank you. 

Fraud is a serious allegation. In no way i said commit a fraud. As i stated traffic tickets are infractions and if that happened more than the statutory period i would not mention it. As i said i will not mention but it is totally upto OP. 

i dont like the word fraud which you just mention. 

wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain

This is what fraud means.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Fahad86 said:

Fraud is a serious allegation. In no way i said commit a fraud. As i stated traffic tickets are infractions and if that happened more than the statutory period i would not mention it. As i said i will not mention but it is totally upto OP. 

The reason i said i would not mention traffic ticket was because my attorney said if the ticket didnt end up in arrest,dui or fleeing the accident scene or cost of citation was not more than 500 dollars then no need to mention keeping in mind all this happened before the statutory period. No one is perfect and anyone can have a bad day or end up at the wrong side of the road but that does not mean the person is a bad moral character.

everyone situation is different it is always good to ask attorney advice since we all are NOT attorney or cannot provide legal advice.

Before passing any judgement please think before what you say. No one is here to harm anyone or provide any wrong info. 

24 minutes ago, Fahad86 said:

Fraud also denotes an act of deception, withholding vital details and the like. I quoted the section where you stated that you wouldn't disclose a traffic citation which should be disclosed on an N400 application once the incident occurred within the time that the applicant resided in the USA.

It's better I bring it to your attention rather than a VJ Moderator but, suit yourself. 

Then you need a new and better-informed attorney. 

Edited by Amadia
Adding details
IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Amadia said:

Fraud also denotes an act of deception, withholding vital details and the like. I quoted the section where you stated that you wouldn't disclose a traffic citation which should be disclosed on an N400 application once the incident occurred within the time that the applicant resided in the USA.

It's better I bring it to your attention rather than a VJ Moderator but, suit yourself. 

I am not here to argue with you my attorney is well informed and have gone through 7 different attorneys before i choose her. As i said it is still OP wish to disclose it or not. 

Timeline
19 hours ago, lilygracexx said:

I had been reading about N-400 interview experience and I forgot to include my traffic citation. I did not realized that it was necessary. I paid both tickets and went to traffic school for it however I am lost into where I can find information about those so I can show it to the IO.

Just for the sake of truthfulness mention the citations before the interview as i stated earlier. officer can ask if you have reciepts for the payment of fines paid. 

Also keep in mind whenever you have a doubt dont hesitate to seek a professional opinion about the matter since over here we all are members and have little to no knowledge about legal matters.  we do try to support each other, in the best way we can but means no harm to anyone since we know the pain of immigration journey.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Amadia said:

I think this answer your question about my attorney knowledge. This screenshot is taken from uscis.gov if needed i can provide a link as well. At the bottom it clearly states minor traffic violation are not required to be submitted.

Screenshot_20200301-204850_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Fahad86

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Fahad86 said:

I think this answer your question about my attorney knowledge. This screenshot is taken from uscis.gov if needed i can provide a link as well. At the bottom it clearly states minor traffic violation are not required to be submitted.

Screenshot_20200301-204850_Samsung Internet.jpg

Submitting records is different from disclosing previous tickets/arrests. 

The immigration process caused me PTSD.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Deagle said:

Submitting records is different from disclosing previous 

So why would you disclose it since they dont need the record?? I am not saying you should not but why? what if you disclose it and they do need to see the record of the citation at the interview? then the whole info above screenshot will contradict whatever is written in it.

Timeline

you disclose record when you do have a record. if i never have been divorce will i disclose it the answer is no. 

Any kind of arrest needs to be disclose/provide record no matter how long ago it happened.

Also choose your words wisely before you comment on someone. We are all in the same boat... using such words fraud etc does not help anyone case.

I did not intend to imply any means of misrepresentation, quoted what my attorney said about my traffic ticket from 10 years back 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline

Quick update.

I want to recommend that people with their interview scheduled before April 15th bring any and all tax information for the 2019 taxes you will be filing - my husband was asked for them during the interview (not sure if this was for the I-751 piece or the N-400 piece of the combo interview since they only took him into the room) ... but in my opinion better safe than sorry!

Also, we finally have an oath date ... March 27th in West Palm!

15 minutes ago, CPanting said:

My case now shows the estimated completion time as August, 2020. It was originally estimated for May.

image.png.5432b7ae8ee8cd28dd8f2871f00fe1ba.png

Mine shows the same - and my husband's biometrics were reviewed on February 18. Submitted application January 28. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline
7 minutes ago, chicago1987 said:

Mine shows the same - and my husband's biometrics were reviewed on February 18. Submitted application January 28. 

I kind of doubt these estimations mean much. My husband has his oath ceremony scheduled for March 27th 2020... the portal still shows his case completion date being May 2020. My guess is that it is just a generalized prediction of how long all cases are taking at your specific office overall. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.