Mr & Mrs Corazon

Passport Being Returned

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello Visa Journey Members, 

We received an email from the Immigration Visa Unit. 

Has anyone else received the same email below?

Did the consulate call you back to continue with the visa application process?

How long did it take?

Thank you!

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your E-mail enquiry.

Please be informed that your IR1 visa application is still pending consular review. Your passport will be returned via Aramex, once a decision is made we will contact you to proceed with the visa application.

Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit, U.S. Consulate General

It's not uncommon when they don't expect AP to complete soon. They will request the passport again if they determine you are eligible for the visa.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

normal as at this time the Morcoccan is undergoing security checks according to the new ds 260 format

it may take a few weeks/  it may take several months

"to continue with the visa process" can require a new interview, or if approved,  register with Aramex to pick up passport and visa and pay the visa fee online before leaving Morocco

if it takes too many months to process the application,  it will require a new medical exam /that is if it goes beyond 6 months of the 1st dr appointment

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs Corazon said:

Hello Visa Journey Members, 

We received an email from the Immigration Visa Unit. 

Has anyone else received the same email below?

Did the consulate call you back to continue with the visa application process?

How long did it take?

Thank you!

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your E-mail enquiry.

Please be informed that your IR1 visa application is still pending consular review. Your passport will be returned via Aramex, once a decision is made we will contact you to proceed with the visa application.

Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit, U.S. Consulate General

Most of the MENA posts seem to do it that way.  

They send the packet/passport with visa back by carrier after they finish processing the application.

If they need anything else they usually notify you by email.

Timeline

Thank you all for your responses!🙏

FYI - This is my husband's second interview (Feb. 2019) and second medical exam (Feb. 2019), which has expired.   We have been married 5 years.  I have visited my husband  in Casablanca 10 times . 

We continue to get the same response from the Embassy.  Administrative Processing. 

Now my husband's passport is being returned without the visa. 

Timeline
17 hours ago, Mr & Mrs Corazon said:

Thank you all for your responses!🙏

FYI - This is my husband's second interview (Feb. 2019) and second medical exam (Feb. 2019), which has expired.   We have been married 5 years.  I have visited my husband  in Casablanca 10 times . 

We continue to get the same response from the Embassy.  Administrative Processing. 

Now my husband's passport is being returned without the visa. 

2nd interview? Was this a reaffirmed visa and sent back to USCIS and then back to Casa for this ?

What was he told at 1st interview?  

What red flags do you have?

It took us 6 years to get our visa from this embassy

Lawyer in the US can only do the paperwork to overcome a legal issue with a visa like a waiver for smoking pot

he can not help with the "Red Flag "  issues like age difference,  difference of religions,  etc   / These are solely the issues the embassy handles in Casablanca

36 minutes ago, Marinkoplazzio said:

It seems like this part of process it would be better to involve lawyer to solve this issue as the best option and good luck 

Lawyers can't solve issues with AP. AP is AP. It means they are working on the case. A lawyer can't do anything about that.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline

Thank you all for reading my post and responses!🙏🏽

Yes.  My husband’s case was sent to USCIS after his 1st interview for more proof of bonafide marriage, which we did provide. More reason for my several visits. That’s how he got his 2nd interview.  

I do not think a 6 year age difference calls for a red flag.  We are in our 40’s now.

I agree.  The consulate is doing their administrative processing.  However, I believe our case is being pushed to the side due to the high volume of cases.

That’s why we are reaching out to others, who are experiencing or have experience the exact situation we are in.

🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

Timeline
3 hours ago, Mr & Mrs Corazon said:

Thank you all for reading my post and responses!🙏🏽

Yes.  My husband’s case was sent to USCIS after his 1st interview for more proof of bonafide marriage, which we did provide. More reason for my several visits. That’s how he got his 2nd interview.  

I do not think a 6 year age difference calls for a red flag.  We are in our 40’s now.

I agree.  The consulate is doing their administrative processing.  However, I believe our case is being pushed to the side due to the high volume of cases.

That’s why we are reaching out to others, who are experiencing or have experience the exact situation we are in.

🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

6 years difference is not that big a deal

morocco has seen bigger 

Did you send the copy of the reaffirmed notice to the embassy/ i sent mine to them before the new interview 

and i know of many in long AP in Morocco like Derik/ Liala since December 2018 

The ds5535 and the new ds 260 are taking this embassy long to research the security parts

all i know to do is bug them

send an email every week

yes, you get an automated response but the #'s of these inquiries have to make someone get on these cases

Timeline

If the case was not reaffirmed, my husband would of never been called for a second interview.  Also, he was not given a DS 5535 form to complete.

I agree.  I will continue to submit the inquiry form online every week.  I must say, it’s a much quicker response than sending an email.  We never got an actual reply nor phone call back from any of the emails, besides the generic automated  email.

Thanks for your input!🙏🏽😊

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs Corazon said:

If the case was not reaffirmed, my husband would of never been called for a second interview.  Also, he was not given a DS 5535 form to complete.

I agree.  I will continue to submit the inquiry form online every week.  I must say, it’s a much quicker response than sending an email.  We never got an actual reply nor phone call back from any of the emails, besides the generic automated  email.

Thanks for your input!🙏🏽😊

some are called for a 2nd interview at embassy just days or a few weeks from the initial one 

case not returned in this case but the embassy wanted to clarify answers /  it happens

wishing you the best

with a marriage reaffirmed by USCIS and the 2nd interview,  embassy will eventually (in their own sweet time) approve the visa

i had ours reaffirmed as "marriage is bona fida" by the appeals court / you didn't have to go that far

you should be fine / just don't let it make you guys give up

Timeline
22 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

2nd interview? Was this a reaffirmed visa and sent back to USCIS and then back to Casa for this ?

What was he told at 1st interview?  

What red flags do you have?

It took us 6 years to get our visa from this embassy

Lawyer in the US can only do the paperwork to overcome a legal issue with a visa like a waiver for smoking pot

he can not help with the "Red Flag "  issues like age difference,  difference of religions,  etc   / These are solely the issues the embassy handles in Casablanca

i had second interview too in august 2019  my case was in casablanca and still in casablanca, in my second interview the consular officer requested another joint sponsor which was sent two weeks ago via aramex with my passport , i got a call last Thursday to upload the documents to CEAC the ones i sent via aramex, so i uploaded them waiting for their call now.....me and my wife got married 2015 and lived together over years in morocco now she is in the US because she had to go to resume her domicile...

Edited by abdo1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.