2,997 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
43 minutes ago, nap_o said:

To those scared about those PDFs don’t be! If you have a real case you will be approved.

have faith and rest easy. I say it because my case was very complicated and I still got approved. .

The officers will know when someone has suffered abuse. It is always important to be consistent with everything you submit so please rest assured.

I waited 23 months until my approval and this process has been an agony but this forum has helped me so much; more than anything else.

if you’re reading this, I’m sending you positive vibes and energy regardless where you are in the process

PDF's ???? what do you mean by that term PDF ? 

I am a victim of mental, sexual and physical abuse too. Can you share your timeline please.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
5 minutes ago, AJJU said:

I am a victim of mental, sexual and physical abuse too. Can you share your timeline please.

Someone posted some USCIS denial Reasons for VAWA applications a few pages back. 

I applied for VAWA on Aug 2017 and got approved Aug 2019

Edited by nap_o

Timeline
2 minutes ago, nap_o said:

Someone posted some USCIS denial Reasons for VAWA applications a few pages back. 

I applied for VAWA on Aug 2017 and got approved Aug 2018

Ok i was like now what happened pheooo ,      Am happy on your approvals   whats next ?

I filled on our approval date. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, AJJU said:

Ok i was like now what happened pheooo ,      Am happy on your approvals   whats next ?

I filled on our approval date. 

Don’t worry, you will likely get a Prima Facie which helps you obtain government assistance/benefits if you wish to do so.

As far as me, I just have to wait for them to give me an interview notice. According to people’s experiences here it may take 3-12 months after approval. 

praying for all of us in this journey 🙏

Timeline
2 minutes ago, nap_o said:

Don’t worry, you will likely get a Prima Facie which helps you obtain government assistance/benefits if you wish to do so.

As far as me, I just have to wait for them to give me an interview notice. According to people’s experiences here it may take 3-12 months after approval. 

praying for all of us in this journey 🙏

Am on my second AP and Prima Facie which just for 6 months ending in April 2020.  What government assistance/benefits can i obtain ?  Can i ask for student scholar ship ? 

I wish you get your interview notice very soon. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, AJJU said:

Am on my second AP and Prima Facie which just for 6 months ending in April 2020.  What government assistance/benefits can i obtain ?  Can i ask for student scholar ship ? 

I see. You will also get approved soon, this process  needs q lot of patience.

I never applied for benefits so I cannot tell you if you could, I've read some people here have gotten student financial aid. Best to ask someone who’s obtained benefits.

Good luck!

Edited by nap_o

4 minutes ago, AJJU said:

You may have to visit Local Human resource office, some of them have no idea of this Prima facie, but  you can apply for Medicaid, Snap (food stamps), FAFSA (Federal Financial aid), Cash assistant, etc...

1 hour ago, natalysmile said:

Hello everyone.

Organisation again told me that they would not give me a paper - documents about my psychological state (Although these people and psychologists actually help me by conducting conversations and even special sessions)
The organization said that only confirmation of the depressive state and the number of sessions can do, they cannot give details. This is a government organization.
I do not have the opportunity to look for another psychologist yet. They ask for big money, which I don’t have yet, and I’m not sure that those others will not be scammers.

try to get those sessions and submit.. and write it in detail it is difficult for you to getting sessions.. plus, when they will issue report, your mental state will written on it. 

51 minutes ago, AJJU said:

Nothing.. yesderday @FeDaniela posted a link where vawa petitions are denied based on insufficient evidences and they upload the cases on there website. she is referring to those

Edited by Shroy123

30 minutes ago, AJJU said:

you can apply for Fafsa as I have seen many members here applied for it

35 minutes ago, AJJU said:

PDF explain how the Office of Appeals, handles, describes and put on perspective Vawa case that has being denied or revoke, and they have ask a motion to reopen or reconsider....  This is just as an educational for us to view outside and inside on how USCIS handles, Every case is different, every evidence.. Nothing to worry just to educated ourselves. 

18 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

PDF explain how the Office of Appeals, handles, describes and put on perspective Vawa case that has being denied or revoke, and they have ask a motion to reopen or reconsider....  This is just as an educational for us to view outside and inside on how USCIS handles, Every case is different, every evidence.. Nothing to worry just to educated ourselves. 

but dude those PDFs were depressing 😞 they made me upset. 

7 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

but dude those PDFs were depressing 😞 they made me upset. 

Jajaja... Don't worry, is like an eye opening, but I  read most of them, some of them evidence were off, timeline too and also some applied after 2 years mark too, Remember Vawa accept any credible evidence, and know a truth story, we have to stand our truth always and fight until the end. Some of them were successfully other don't but it also show us we have the chance to fight our cases to the end. 

Edited by FeDaniela

21 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

Jajaja... Don't worry, is like an eye opening, but I  read most of them, some of them evidence were off, timeline too and also some applied after 2 years mark too, Remember Vawa accept any credible evidence, and know a truth story, we have to stand our truth always and fight until the end. Some of them were successfully other don't but it also show us we have the change to fight our cases to the end. 

I agree. I read one case where a women claimed that she is USC in her mortgage papers and her ex husband was living with her house while claiming she was living with her abuse husband. I know its not right and USCIS visited her neighbors and ask for information where they claimed she lives with ex husband not with abusive husband. so yea they actually dig everything. 

3 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

I agree. I read one case where a women claimed that she is USC in her mortgage papers and her ex husband was living with her house while claiming she was living with her abuse husband. I know its not right and USCIS visited her neighbors and ask for information where they claimed she lives with ex husband not with abusive husband. so yea they actually dig everything. 

USCIS Officer knows, when something gives a red flag, they will investigate and have total right to denied.. But if our case is truthful we have to stand by it to the end. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.