Miamidade

the stressful "Decision cannot yet be made about your application"

135 posts in this topic

On 2/25/2020 at 9:50 PM, Fahad86 said:

since you paid fee to get naturalized.

Nope, you pay for the fee for them to process the application (if you get denied you don’t get the fee back). 

A little more patience generally doesn’t hurt, if you want to force it with mandamus that’s your prerogative of course but generally there is a less stressful and lower cost (and probably ultimately not much time difference) option.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys . Have some weird update ! Just received a letter from USCIS.  And I was surprised - they wanted me to come to the SECOND interview ? Am I right , or they just LOST my case ? Have you ever seen such mails before ?

C2FC12D7-EE72-4D93-AF24-E4A78A251184.jpeg

20 hours ago, Miamidade said:

Hey guys . Have some weird update ! Just received a letter from USCIS.  And I was surprised - they wanted me to come to the SECOND interview ? Am I right , or they just LOST my case ? Have you ever seen such mails before ?

C2FC12D7-EE72-4D93-AF24-E4A78A251184.jpeg

Sure, google n400 second interview, not that uncommon. It’s either when part of the test has been failed, or (as I guess in your case) they want to revisit in person whatever angle of the case is preventing a final decision being made. 

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, Wasa22 said:

I finally got approved after pass my citizenship interview9 month ago.I called ,send request ,ask senator for help etc nothing help they keep say it was pending .Only after I ask  Ombudsman for help  I got approved after 2 days . I can’t believe it’s over!

So, your waiting starts for the Oath ceremony now???

• 1 month later...

Hello there , a small update. They sent me a date for the second interview . The reason they gave ( why they need the second time to see me is “ Additional information is needed to complete your Form N-400 application.“) . 
is it weird? Or it’s normal ? What do I have to expect ?  An interview in few weeks.

4 hours ago, Miamidade said:

Hello there , a small update. They sent me a date for the second interview . The reason they gave ( why they need the second time to see me is “ Additional information is needed to complete your Form N-400 application.“) . 
is it weird? Or it’s normal ? What do I have to expect ?  An interview in few weeks.

Good luck with the interview, and please report back here what they ask you.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.