nharris3428

Passport with visa is missing!!!!!!

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My fiance's K-1 visa was approved on 9/10/19. The status of our case changed to issued on 9/12/19. This was his second interview. Before his first interview, we had created the account on USTravelocs.com and filled out the DS-160. During this time, there was no place to register where he wanted his documents to be delivered. After his second interview, they gave him that slip of paper that stated he needed to make sure he was registered. Since we already had an account, I accessed it and chose the Casablanca Aramex for document delivery. We never received a text or email to pick up the passport. He started calling and stopping into the Aramex office starting on 9/17/19. He got a call yesterday, 9/24/19 from the embassy asking why he never picked up his passport because it was sent back to the embassy?? He explained he'd been calling DAILY and they said they didn't have it. The consulate told him they would be sending it back today but now I am concerned they will tell him yet again that they do not have it. What the hell is going on over there??? I don't know who else to reach out to? I have used the US consulate contact form daily and no one responds. The ivcasablanca@state.gov returns an automated response that says you have to call USTraveldocs. I call them, they say they have no update and we'd have to wait 12 working days in order for them to intervene. We have no idea where his passport and visa are. Has ANYONE experience this issue as well????

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
46 minutes ago, nharris3428 said:

My fiance's K-1 visa was approved on 9/10/19. The status of our case changed to issued on 9/12/19. This was his second interview. Before his first interview, we had created the account on USTravelocs.com and filled out the DS-160. During this time, there was no place to register where he wanted his documents to be delivered. After his second interview, they gave him that slip of paper that stated he needed to make sure he was registered. Since we already had an account, I accessed it and chose the Casablanca Aramex for document delivery. We never received a text or email to pick up the passport. He started calling and stopping into the Aramex office starting on 9/17/19. He got a call yesterday, 9/24/19 from the embassy asking why he never picked up his passport because it was sent back to the embassy?? He explained he'd been calling DAILY and they said they didn't have it. The consulate told him they would be sending it back today but now I am concerned they will tell him yet again that they do not have it. What the hell is going on over there??? I don't know who else to reach out to? I have used the US consulate contact form daily and no one responds. The ivcasablanca@state.gov returns an automated response that says you have to call USTraveldocs. I call them, they say they have no update and we'd have to wait 12 working days in order for them to intervene. We have no idea where his passport and visa are. Has ANYONE experience this issue as well????

If the embassy resends the passport just make sure he goes back to the aramex company and talk to someone who can make calls to track the whereabouts of his passport. They should be able to provide him with a tracking number or something.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

This address?

193, Bd de le Résistance, Casablanca

they might have sent to Rabat

but if it was sent after the 10th and already retuned by the 24th that is too fast a turn around

i would say aramex really did not receive it yet as it has taken many 4  to 5 weeks from issued to get to Aramex

BTW  your post says CR1 / IR 1   that is a spouse visa and you say appled for a K1   fiancee visa

Timeline
1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

This address?

193, Bd de le Résistance, Casablanca

they might have sent to Rabat

but if it was sent after the 10th and already retuned by the 24th that is too fast a turn around

i would say aramex really did not receive it yet as it has taken many 4  to 5 weeks from issued to get to Aramex

BTW  your post says CR1 / IR 1   that is a spouse visa and you say appled for a K1   fiancee visa

Thanks. The consular told him they did send it on the 14th which I find suspect since that was a Saturday. I have another couple friend that went through the same process and got their visa in two days after the case status showed as "issued". I just don't understand the vast differences between individual cases. Once it's issued, why would it take two days for someone, and four WEEKS for another? Where do you see CR1/ IR1, my post states K-1? 

Timeline
3 hours ago, nharris3428 said:

Thanks. The consular told him they did send it on the 14th which I find suspect since that was a Saturday. I have another couple friend that went through the same process and got their visa in two days after the case status showed as "issued". I just don't understand the vast differences between individual cases. Once it's issued, why would it take two days for someone, and four WEEKS for another? Where do you see CR1/ IR1, my post states K-1? 

must have been looking at it wrong

alabama wife CEAC site said issued and they waited 5 weeks to be notified from  Aramex

and don't trust what the embassy says,  i went up to the window when my husband was first denied ( as soon as he came out)  along with a Florida girl there waiting same as me,   we were told our case had already been sent back to the USA   (20 minutes after an interview?????   no way!!!!)

Timeline
1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

must have been looking at it wrong

alabama wife CEAC site said issued and they waited 5 weeks to be notified from  Aramex

and don't trust what the embassy says,  i went up to the window when my husband was first denied ( as soon as he came out)  along with a Florida girl there waiting same as me,   we were told our case had already been sent back to the USA   (20 minutes after an interview?????   no way!!!!)

Ugh that scares me. I truly hope it does not take that long, but I am relieved and grateful that he was approved and will be here eventually. Thanks for all your help

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
8 hours ago, nharris3428 said:

This happened exactly to us except we are Jordan embassy!!! We had our interview July 2, 2019 was in AP for almost 2 months for the supplemental questions...my fiance received a call from embassy on August 28, 2019 telling him his case was done & he's visa is approved to send his passport via aramex he will get it back with visa package 4-5 days. We waited 12 days & he received his passport with nothing stamped or visa package...he called & they told him they did not do such a thing once you are approved you are approved..so he went to embassy & he was not attended very nicely...the officer just told him to send in his questions immediately, but my fiance had proof of them receiving questions & was trying to show email as proof that he was approved bc we got an email stating the embassy received passport as tracked & will send with visa packet in 4-5 days....he even asked the officer if he could speak to a supervisor or higher rank officer & he was ignored & dismissed....the officer also told him he was stuck between immigrant visa & Nonimmigrant visa....the following day I emailed my congressman letting him know of our situation....from the time I last email embassy & my congressman the only thing I knew was that our case was escalated to post which means it was reassigned to another officer at a higher rank....we did resend the questions immediately 22 days ago I have been trying to confirm if the embassy or immigrant unit has received them , but never got word until today...it took more than 20 days for the embassy to let us know Washington has his case it's the final step in processing his visa & has been escalated for final resolution...& They did receive our questions....so after he was processed as Nonimmigrant visa holder they sent his case for final security....

Our case went from Immigrant Visa Administrative Processing to Nonimmigrant Visa Application Received to Nonimmigrant Visa Administrative Processing & our date created was updated after they switched visa names...

Timeline
11 hours ago, nharris3428 said:

Ugh that scares me. I truly hope it does not take that long, but I am relieved and grateful that he was approved and will be here eventually. Thanks for all your help

gonna be here this year 

that's the best 

tell him to make sure all the info on the visa is accurate

Timeline
On 9/25/2019 at 8:02 PM, C&M.2018 said:

This happened exactly to us except we are Jordan embassy!!! We had our interview July 2, 2019 was in AP for almost 2 months for the supplemental questions...my fiance received a call from embassy on August 28, 2019 telling him his case was done & he's visa is approved to send his passport via aramex he will get it back with visa package 4-5 days. We waited 12 days & he received his passport with nothing stamped or visa package...he called & they told him they did not do such a thing once you are approved you are approved..so he went to embassy & he was not attended very nicely...the officer just told him to send in his questions immediately, but my fiance had proof of them receiving questions & was trying to show email as proof that he was approved bc we got an email stating the embassy received passport as tracked & will send with visa packet in 4-5 days....he even asked the officer if he could speak to a supervisor or higher rank officer & he was ignored & dismissed....the officer also told him he was stuck between immigrant visa & Nonimmigrant visa....the following day I emailed my congressman letting him know of our situation....from the time I last email embassy & my congressman the only thing I knew was that our case was escalated to post which means it was reassigned to another officer at a higher rank....we did resend the questions immediately 22 days ago I have been trying to confirm if the embassy or immigrant unit has received them , but never got word until today...it took more than 20 days for the embassy to let us know Washington has his case it's the final step in processing his visa & has been escalated for final resolution...& They did receive our questions....so after he was processed as Nonimmigrant visa holder they sent his case for final security....

Our case went from Immigrant Visa Administrative Processing to Nonimmigrant Visa Application Received to Nonimmigrant Visa Administrative Processing & our date created was updated after they switched visa names...

I feel your pain reading this story. I do have a happy ending finally my fiancé got his visa! But when he got to the Aramex Office yesterday, the woman told him his passport was not there, so he went back to the embassy and talked to a security guard, who went above and beyond and called someone inside the embassy and handed my fiancé his phone so he could talk to them. The woman he got on the phone told him to wait one moment, and she called the Aramex  office and then told my fiancé that his passport is there and They are aware that he’s on his way. So he went back to the Aramex  office, and the woman was gone for 30 minutes and came back with a package and my fiancé looked at it I knew it was not his passport by how old the passport cover looked. So before he left he opened the clear plastic bag that had a passport and a sealed envelope and looked at the passport and it belonged to some African woman. I’m so glad that he checked before he left. He told the woman of her mistake and she looked flustered, and went back and found his passport. So now he’s got his passport with the visa glued to a page, and a sealed envelope of documents that homeland security will need once he gets here to the US. It’s just mind-boggling to me how completely broken. This entire process is. We started our journey on May 28, 2018. Don’t give up and keep on hammering them with questions and emails. Please let me know how things turn out for you! I wish you all the best!

Timeline
23 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

gonna be here this year 

that's the best 

tell him to make sure all the info on the visa is accurate

Thank you very much! He finally got his visa yesterday after much pain and suffering with back-and-forth between the embassy and Aramex. We double checked the visa and everything is correct thank God! His flight is scheduled for October 17 to fly in to Los Angeles and I am over the moon excited. Thank you for all your help 🙂 I may hit you up with some questions after he gets here if you don’t mind 

Edited by nharris3428

Timeline
2 hours ago, nharris3428 said:

Thank you very much! He finally got his visa yesterday after much pain and suffering with back-and-forth between the embassy and Aramex. We double checked the visa and everything is correct thank God! His flight is scheduled for October 17 to fly in to Los Angeles and I am over the moon excited. Thank you for all your help 🙂 I may hit you up with some questions after he gets here if you don’t mind 

Keep the copies of all the paperwork you did for this application

comes in handy when you start the next steps right up till the citizenship is granted 

Congratulations

Timeline
On 9/27/2019 at 9:10 AM, JeanneAdil said:

Keep the copies of all the paperwork you did for this application

comes in handy when you start the next steps right up till the citizenship is granted 

Congratulations

Thanks again so much. Yes, I have copies of everything. It make me laugh because when I check the USTravel docs sight for his passport status, it still says, "passport is still in post". Sigh. Once the citizenship is granted, I'm with you, I'm going to have a giant BURN party of all this nonsense. 

Timeline
On 9/25/2019 at 8:02 PM, C&M.2018 said:

I would also question why the comment about your case being in Washington? To me, that sounds like they sent it back to USCIS for reaffirmation? I don't know why the case would be sent elsewhere if it's truly been approved. Have you been checking the status via CEAC? https://ceac.state.gov

Timeline
Just now, nharris3428 said:

I would also question why the comment about your case being in Washington? To me, that sounds like they sent it back to USCIS for reaffirmation? I don't know why the case would be sent elsewhere if it's truly been approved. Have you been checking the status via CEAC? https://ceac.state.gov

You would choose the Immigrant section, and choose "check my visa application status". I am sorry you are going through so much. Don't give up!!  

Timeline

,my fiancé and I   had the same thing happened to us  that I would describe as a horrible experience  .after her interview she was told she is approved,they kept her passport,and told her to register and all that stuff..etc...we were supposed to get a text or a call for her to pick up her passport from Aramex,that never happened,we started to call both Aramex and sending emails to embassy,because Aramex were saying that the passport with package was received then was returned to the embassy (whithin 5 or 6 business days!!!??) ,with it being impossible* to get a hold of someone at the embassy, we made 3 trips to Casablanca in two weeks period  with tens of emails sent, just to find out that  the passport and the package is at the embassy because the envelope was opened somehow.and returned to embassy...after thoses attempts  and two lost flight tickets..we finally decided to go again to Casablanca and be in the queue with those with interview appointment,just to get through the gate and explained the situation,finally got an employee outside to talk to us,we couldn't get in,since we don't have any appointment letter ,anyway,my fiancce then  was screened and was told to go inside the building  and she got her package and passport back.totally horrible experience,with lot of money wasted, I am glad it s over  and I don't agree with all that hussle! 

a little note on the side:   packages that are sent from embassy to Aramex with valuable docs,like passports and visa and such are transported  in a small plastic box in the back of a moped !!! go figure !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.