1,282 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Samtasharma said:

@Vijayg @Technick Hi there! Could you please share how long it took to receive your passport back? Also do they let you know your visa is approved at the interview or afterwards through CEAC?  Thanks! 

My interview was on Wednesday and I got my passport back on Sunday. I selected the home delivery. 

34 minutes ago, 204 said:

Good morning all, 

Checked my ceac this morning and found attached. 

My DQ is Aug. 28, 2020. 

Any insights? 

Thanks in advance! 

0F2C71E1-9508-4BCF-9975-1341ED6B1B7C.jpeg

Good morning, I am seeing the same message. I have heard it is system issue that occurs when IL are sent out and they are updating case in the system but last time this happened for most of the users it turned out to be a system glitch and was resolved shortly.

Let’s hope for the best 🤞🏼

DQ Oct 2020

Category : F2A

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
52 minutes ago, njshah said:

Good morning, I am seeing the same message. I have heard it is system issue that occurs when IL are sent out and they are updating case in the system but last time this happened for most of the users it turned out to be a system glitch and was resolved shortly.

Let’s hope for the best 🤞🏼

DQ Oct 2020

Category : F2A

I checked again just now and it's normal now. Can you please check yours? Thanks! 

Timeline
4 hours ago, 204 said:

Good morning all, 

Checked my ceac this morning and found attached. 

My DQ is Aug. 28, 2020. 

Any insights? 

Thanks in advance! 

0F2C71E1-9508-4BCF-9975-1341ED6B1B7C.jpeg

Congrats! You are about to get interview call :) this is a bug! That comes when file goes from NVC to US Consulate

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Waiting_ever said:

Congrats! You are about to get interview call :) this is a bug! That comes when file goes from NVC to US Consulate

Thanks! Hope IL will come some time next week. 

Edited by 204

Good morning all, I stumbled upon this forum thread while doing research on the processing timeline for my wife. 

Just want to add some information related to our case so the admin/mod can add it to the tracker:

DQ: 2/19/2022

Expedite Request Sent to NVC: 5/24/2022

NVC Response to Expedite Request: 5/31/2022

NVC Response Outcome: Reject expedition 

NVC Response Email:

Thank you for your patience. We sent your request to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in CANADA.

However, they cannot expedite this case. To be fair to all applicants, the Department of State schedules immigrant visa interviews in the order that the cases complete processing at the National Visa Center (NVC).

Please note that only the U.S. Embassy or Consulate has the ability to approve or deny expedite requests.

This case is now documentarily qualified. This means that the NVC has all of the documents we requested. Your application is now waiting for an interview appointment, where a consular officer will adjudicate it.

The U.S. Embassy or Consulate tells NVC when they hold interviews, and we fill the appointment dates as the cases become qualified. We schedule appointments one month in advance, but we cannot predict when an interview will be scheduled.

Due to the global Covid-19 outbreak, U.S. Embassies and Consulates have cancelled all routine immigration and nonimmigrant visa services. However, they are providing limited visa services as resources and local conditions allow.

Your case will stay at NVC until an appointment is scheduled, and then we will send it to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. We will notify the applicant, petitioner and attorney (if applicable) when an appointment is scheduled.

Important: The applicant should not make travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment until the U.S. Embassy or Consulate issues a visa.

For the most up-to-date information about the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General's operating status, please visit their website at https://usembassy.gov.CANADA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.